Rules

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
When the rules of a board do not apply to EVERYONE equally, then there are in effect no rules. I am not sure I can participate on a board where the rules are only applied to some and not all.

When the rules of a board do not apply to EVERYONE equally, then there are in effect no rules. I am not sure I can participate on a board where the rules are only applied to some and not all.

Care to elaborate RGS? I'm thinking some left winger made you mad, am I close?

You should already know and either are baiting me in the hopes I break Gunny's special rules or you do not pay much attention to goings on.

It is a pretty simple concept. Rules must apply across the board to all or they have no real meaning. This does not mean some people can not have rules that apply to them in a special position or job. But that the general rules apply as well, just the same to them as everyone else.

When a set of rules are written with the sole purpose of protecting one class from other classes then those rules are corrupt.

Take cops. They have special rules regarding the carrying and use of firearms and the ability to arrest. However they can not abuse those rules and then expect to be covered by the system. They can not shoot someone outside the line of duty for personal reasons and then fall back on the special rules entitled to law enforcement.

They can not abuse the right of arrest to take personal grudges out on someone and then expect the system to protect them. If someone has not violated a law a cop can not just arrest them because they felt like it or because , well gee that should be illegal.

You should already know and either are baiting me in the hopes I break Gunny's special rules or you do not pay much attention to goings on.

It is a pretty simple concept. Rules must apply across the board to all or they have no real meaning. This does not mean some people can not have rules that apply to them in a special position or job. But that the general rules apply as well, just the same to them as everyone else.

When a set of rules are written with the sole purpose of protecting one class from other classes then those rules are corrupt.

Take cops. They have special rules regarding the carrying and use of firearms and the ability to arrest. However they can not abuse those rules and then expect to be covered by the system. They can not shoot someone outside the line of duty for personal reasons and then fall back on the special rules entitled to law enforcement.

They can not abuse the right of arrest to take personal grudges out on someone and then expect the system to protect them. If someone has not violated a law a cop can not just arrest them because they felt like it or because , well gee that should be illegal.

You want to put this out here? "Gunny's Special rules" have allowed YOU to get away with fucking murder when most others would have been banned over and over. I've been BEYOND patient with you and your constant whining anytime you perceive some inequity in how rules are applied or some perceived notion that you can say and do whatever the fuck you want cuz you have "rights".

I have continuously kept the moderators off your ass when you were acting like a complete jackass, starting thread after thread over your perceived injustices and your stupid little obvious implicating comments.

So when you come fucking crying about exceptions and perceived favoritism, let's start with the favoritism YOU have received from ME.

You don't want to be here? Don't. Simple as that. You have the right to follow the same rules everyone else here does.

And frankly, as a retired Gunnery Sergeant, I really don't get the fact you don't understand how I do things. You polish a chair with your ass for 20 years, or what? Maybe you shoulda had your ass out on the line in the fucking sand and you might be able to catch on.:eusa_eh:

However, cops are enforcing the laws which are based on the constitution, and therefore they cannot violate your constitutional rights.

Since a message board is a private company, you (as a customer), have no inherent rights. You are at the discretion of the powers that be.

Live with it, or leave.

You want to put this out here? "Gunny's Special rules" have allowed YOU to get away with fucking murder when most others would have been banned over and over. I've been BEYOND patient with you and your constant whining anytime you perceive some inequity in how rules are applied or some perceived notion that you can say and do whatever the fuck you want cuz you have "rights".

I have continuously kept the moderators off your ass when you were acting like a complete jackass, starting thread after thread over your perceived injustices and your stupid little obvious implicating comments.

So when you come fucking crying about exceptions and perceived favoritism, let's start with the favoritism YOU have received from ME.

You don't want to be here? Don't. Simple as that. You have the right to follow the same rules everyone else here does.

And frankly, as a retired Gunnery Sergeant, I really don't get the fact you don't understand how I do things. You polish a chair with your ass for 20 years, or what? Maybe you shoulda had your ass out on the line in the fucking sand and you might be able to catch on.:eusa_eh:

Ohh look, the biggest liar of them all. I spent 5 years in Division. You allow some to violate the rules routinely and claim no one should know about it. And do not give me the crap about sending a pm cause when one does that the response is " none of your business and if you ask again I will ban you"

SO no open disclosure and no private response. Nice arrangement for the special types.

Remind us again how **** requires that a thread be removed from the board till Gunny approves it when we had that discussion months ago?

Yup," cause I said so" works well with children but most adults have learned that just doesn't cut it.

Ohh look, the biggest liar of them all. I spent 5 years in Division. You allow some to violate the rules routinely and claim no one should know about it. And do not give me the crap about sending a pm cause when one does that the response is " none of your business and if you ask again I will ban you"

SO no open disclosure and no private response. Nice arrangement for the special types.

Remind us again how **** requires that a thread be removed from the board till Gunny approves it when we had that discussion months ago?

Yup," cause I said so" works well with children but most adults have learned that just doesn't cut it.

You're full of shit. Need me to explain that to you? NOT ONCE have I ever responded to a PM with "none of your business and if you ask again I will ban you." BULL-FUCKING SHIT. I have NEVER threatened to ban you, asswipe.

You don't run this fucking board. I do. Get that through your thick-ass head, huh? You just reiterated your same whine without addressing the fact I have protected your ungrateful ass for years. Do I need to get the mods to comment on that since I've called pretty much each and every one of them off your ass at one time or another?

And all I can say about your "5 years in Division" is I have almost that much sea time, REMF, so consider me impressed.:rolleyes:

I bet that when RGS becomes a very old man, and those close to him decide that it is no longer safe for him to drive, he will go on a rant about how unjust it is for someone to take away his right to drive after all that he gave to his country.

(An elderly patient literally said this to me.)

i have had threads moved and closed....moved threads no one told me why.....unless the mod mentioned it in the thread...when i ask why a thread was closed....i got an answer...the rules are the rules...and if you butt heads with a mod....they can close the discussion when it becomes the same old same old..that has been done to me....in all fairness sgt you dont have a clue what is going on in pms....or in reality how the rules are enforced to others on the board...most simply try to resolve it in pm and then move on...perhaps it is time y ou just move on....accept what happened and post instead of reviewing what has been settled.

if i have a thread topic that might be a bit much for the board..i ask gunny first....he gives me the reason he doesnt think he will let the thread fly and i drop it...gunny runs this board....sometimes with an iron fist...sometimes with a very soft hand...gunny has forgiven my fits of temper.....

Last edited:
Last edited:
would someone rep joe for me...i am out of rep....

and another thing while we are on the subject...do you think perhaps other posters complained about the use of **** in thread title....i find many times this board is self regulating

Forum List

Back