rules?

Vagueness doctrine

Definition

1) A constitutional rule that requires criminal laws to state explicitly and definitely what conduct is punishable. Criminal laws that violate this requirement are said to be void for vagueness. Vagueness doctrine rests on the due process clauses of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution. By requiring fair notice of what is punishable and what is not, vagueness doctrine also helps prevent arbitrary enforcement of the laws.

2) Under vagueness doctrine, a statute is also void for vagueness if a legislature's delegation of authority to judges and/or administrators is so extensive that it would lead to arbitrary prosecutions.

Vagueness doctrine

Definition

1) A constitutional rule that requires criminal laws to state explicitly and definitely what conduct is punishable. Criminal laws that violate this requirement are said to be void for vagueness. Vagueness doctrine rests on the due process clauses of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution. By requiring fair notice of what is punishable and what is not, vagueness doctrine also helps prevent arbitrary enforcement of the laws.

2) Under vagueness doctrine, a statute is also void for vagueness if a legislature's delegation of authority to judges and/or administrators is so extensive that it would lead to arbitrary prosecutions.

Do we need a USMB SCOTUS?

please someone point me to the updated current rules and regulations of USMB.

i can't find any specifying usage of certain words in certain forums.

i am a rules guy.

and i don't want to break them.

Language Guidelines:
Foul language (profanity) used in USmessageboard.com will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion. Derogatory statements directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are permitted with the stipulation that you generally look like a fool when resorting to these tactics within a serious conversation on real issues. If you're comfortable playing the fool, feel free to do so.

If someone really gets to you and you feel the need to vent, please do so within the confines of the Taunting Arena. If you don’t have thick skin and the ability to take abuse, it is better to walk away from a possible confontation and come back with constructive arguments.

------

I guess it's completely up to them. But there's three and a half issues the ban brings up,

a--what will the punishment be: just red x's, or actual infractions?
b--why aren't other epithets like ******, faggot, etc banned as well?
b.1--will there be a list of what other words are banned, if any?
c--usage of "it" will now probably increase in the flame zone since it's now been sanctified

I formatted this post so it appears professional and legal in response to your serious query. Also, I apologize for calling you the seawerd earlier.

please someone point me to the updated current rules and regulations of USMB.

i can't find any specifying usage of certain words in certain forums.

i am a rules guy.

and i don't want to break them.

Language Guidelines:
Foul language (profanity) used in USmessageboard.com will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion. Derogatory statements directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are permitted with the stipulation that you generally look like a fool when resorting to these tactics within a serious conversation on real issues. If you're comfortable playing the fool, feel free to do so.

If someone really gets to you and you feel the need to vent, please do so within the confines of the Taunting Arena. If you don’t have thick skin and the ability to take abuse, it is better to walk away from a possible confontation and come back with constructive arguments.

------

I guess it's completely up to them. But there's three and a half issues the ban brings up,

a--what will the punishment be: just red x's, or actual infractions?
b--why aren't other epithets like ******, faggot, etc banned as well?
b.1--will there be a list of what other words are banned, if any?
c--usage of "it" will now probably increase in the flame zone since it's now been sanctified

I formatted this post so it appears professional and legal in response to your serious query. Also, I apologize for calling you the seawerd earlier.

What liberal nanny statist wrote the bolded language, I'd like to know?

LOL.

Vagueness doctrine

Definition

You may be a rules guy, but I am not. What a shock we disagree, huh? I'm not making a new rule for each and every situation has or may come along.

That's what's screwed the Hell out of the common sense that once was the cornerstone of this Nation's laws. Someone's always trying to wordsmith their way around.

If, at any time, you have a specific question about something, PM a moderator or me.

Forum List

Back