Rules For Traditionals: How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

If you refused their business because they were jerks or because they wore red shirts- perfectly legal.

So, refusing service because you don't like someone's shirt is morally acceptable? Then why in the fuck is it so objectionable to refuse service that would conflict with your religious beliefs?

Refusing service because someone is an asshole or because of the color of their shirt is both legally and morally acceptable.

Refusing service because someone is black or Jewish or gay or Japanese is not legally acceptable in several states, and not morally acceptable in any.

the people better start waking up and standing up to this or continue to get beat down and lose your livelihoods.

SNIP;
People who believe it a sacrilege to participate in a gay wedding can keep themselves from being persecuted out of business with some savvy marketing.
By Bruce Takawani

“Sweet Cakes” bakery in Gresham, Oregon, could soon be hit with state-imposed fines of up to $150,000, a threat that goes far beyond stigma and ends up threatening its owners’ ability to practice their trade.
The Federal Bureau of Cakes

That something called the “Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries” could impose such a fine, bankrupt the bakery owners, and pay the award directly to the supposedly wounded “plaintiffs” is a development that those of us who grew up hearing tales of religious persecution and ideological purification behind the “iron curtain” can barely grasp is happening in America during our lifetimes.

Options for Conscientious Objectors

ALL of it here:
How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

Your topic is fun for me.

Being gay is a sin in the Bible. So why should we be forced to marry sinners?

Do not judge or be judged right?

Jokes aside, no gays should be able to force Religions to marry them via "Freedom of Religion" the very same Constitutional Big Government Law that protects your way of thinking also protects theirs. Just find someone ordained that doesn't mind.

Anyone today can become an ordained minister. I have a family member who is absolutely obsessed with being a hierarchy no matter the subject, he is right no one else has input. He got ordained online to be a Minister. Now his controlling behavior has "purpose".

Again, you can bitch all you want, but the courts, law, and constitution are against you

That's what slave owners told their slaves in 1860.
No, it's what slave owners were told, ten years later, Bripiss.

You're just a fucking moron who is incapable of committing logic. Failure to get my point isn't a convincing argument. It's just proof that you're an idiot.
The courts tossed your worthy of day-old piss logic decades ago, Bripiss. Only you a few other total morons here fail to recognize that.

The court never was big on logic. It's a gang of political stooges looking for an excuse to produce the ruling their benefactors put them there to make.

Says the poster who has never displayed logic or knowledge........

the people better start waking up and standing up to this or continue to get beat down and lose your livelihoods.

SNIP;
People who believe it a sacrilege to participate in a gay wedding can keep themselves from being persecuted out of business with some savvy marketing.
By Bruce Takawani

“Sweet Cakes” bakery in Gresham, Oregon, could soon be hit with state-imposed fines of up to $150,000, a threat that goes far beyond stigma and ends up threatening its owners’ ability to practice their trade.

That something called the “Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries” could impose such a fine, bankrupt the bakery owners, and pay the award directly to the supposedly wounded “plaintiffs” is a development that those of us who grew up hearing tales of religious persecution and ideological purification behind the “iron curtain” can barely grasp is happening in America during our lifetimes.

ALL of it here:

hate_zpsxeb37c6n.png

SNIP;
By Bruce Takawani

ALL of it here:

Your topic is fun for me.

Being gay is a sin in the Bible. So why should we be forced to marry sinners?

Do not judge or be judged right?

Jokes aside, no gays should be able to force Religions to marry them via "Freedom of Religion" the very same Constitutional Big Government Law that protects your way of thinking also protects theirs. Just find someone ordained that doesn't mind.
\".

And no one can be forced to marry anyone, nor can anyone force any religion to marry anyone.

Just a boogeyman waved around by the homophobes to scare people.

Unless the baker advertises Hitler cakes, he/she doesn't have to bake a Hitler cake. The baker wouldn't bake a Hitler cake for anyone. But if the baker agrees to bake a Hitler cake for me, she/he can't refuse to bake one for you.

So what if the baker advertises heterosexual wedding cakes?

If the baker advertises she only bakes wedding cakes for heterosexuals or African Americans or Christians or Irish Americans- then that baker is going to have a problem in states like Oregon and Colorado.

If you refused their business because they were jerks or because they wore red shirts- perfectly legal.

So, refusing service because you don't like someone's shirt is morally acceptable? Then why in the fuck is it so objectionable to refuse service that would conflict with your religious beliefs?

Refusing service because someone is an asshole or because of the color of their shirt is both legally and morally acceptable.

Refusing service because someone is black or Jewish or gay or Japanese is not legally acceptable in several states, and not morally acceptable in any.

It may not make you a good person, but it's not a justification for government intervention. Failing to give out candy on Holloween also makes you an asshole, but that's also not a justification for government to force you to give it out.

Unless the baker advertises Hitler cakes, he/she doesn't have to bake a Hitler cake. The baker wouldn't bake a Hitler cake for anyone. But if the baker agrees to bake a Hitler cake for me, she/he can't refuse to bake one for you.

So what if the baker advertises heterosexual wedding cakes?

If the baker advertises she only bakes wedding cakes for heterosexuals or African Americans or Christians or Irish Americans- then that baker is going to have a problem in states like Oregon and Colorado.

IN other words, you lied in your previous post when you said a baker could choose the product he produces.

Freedom means you can walk into any business open to the public and purchase their goods and services, without being turned away on the basis of you race, age, sex, religion, or sexual orientation. Period. End of story.

If you want to be in business, you cannot impugn the freedom of your customers.

Neither the Baker or the Florist denied service IN THEIR BUSINESS.
Entirely untrue, but it matters not a damn. Do you think they bake cakes on-site?

They denied service over what the cake and flowers were for, which is none of their fucking business,

Here's a lovely cake. If YOU want to ice it once you leave, be my guest.

Have a nice day
Yeah, doesn't work that way when it comes to a wedding cake. Wedding cakes are now for gay people as well. If you can't deal with that, close, you won't be missed.

That's called fascism, asshole. No one is surprised that you support it.

Once again- you confuse following the law with 'fascism'.

No, it's what slave owners were told, ten years later, Bripiss.

You're just a fucking moron who is incapable of committing logic. Failure to get my point isn't a convincing argument. It's just proof that you're an idiot.
The courts tossed your worthy of day-old piss logic decades ago, Bripiss. Only you a few other total morons here fail to recognize that.

The court never was big on logic. It's a gang of political stooges looking for an excuse to produce the ruling their benefactors put them there to make.

Says the poster who has never displayed logic or knowledge........

You wouldn't know logic if someone slapped you upside the head with it.

It may not make you a good person, but it's not a justification for government intervention. Failing to give out candy on Holloween also makes you an asshole, but that's also not a justification for government to force you to give it out.

You and any other bigot that doesn't want to follow the law can do what others- such as gay couples have done- when they felt the law was unconstitutional- you either change the law legislatively or you can go to court and make your argument.

Or in your case- you can stomp your feet and threaten to hold your breath.

Correct.

And business owners are at liberty to, through the political process, advocate that their state or local public accommodations laws be repealed if they find them so 'offensive.'

Well, that makes it OK then, right? I mean if you can submit some meaningless petition that politicians will ignore, then you are still free!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Your understanding of freedom makes me want to vomit.

Stalin would love it.
Again, you can bitch all you want, but the courts, law, and constitution are against you

Then seek to amend the Constitution to prohibit public accommodations laws.

But until that happens, such laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional, in no way 'violating' the freedom of business owners.

Horseshit. Your theory that the Constitution justifies whatever government does is a symptom of mental retardation.

Waaah waaaaaah....your theory that the Constitution doesn't apply whenever you don't approve is just a symptom of you being you.

Whatever 'principles' these homophobic bakers are hiding behind are based in ignorance and fear. They are not 'principles' but mere excuses to perpetuate more petty repression against a class of American citizens who are committing no crime by simply being who they are.
Correct.

And business owners are at liberty to, through the political process, advocate that their state or local public accommodations laws be repealed if they find them so 'offensive.'

Well, that makes it OK then, right? I mean if you can submit some meaningless petition that politicians will ignore, then you are still free!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Stalin would love it.

So we passed a Constitutional Amendment ending slavery.

Luckily we won't need to pass a Constitutional Amendment to end bans on gay marriage.

Neither the Baker or the Florist denied service IN THEIR BUSINESS.
Entirely untrue, but it matters not a damn. Do you think they bake cakes on-site?

They denied service over what the cake and flowers were for, which is none of their fucking business,

Have a nice day
Yeah, doesn't work that way when it comes to a wedding cake. Wedding cakes are now for gay people as well. If you can't deal with that, close, you won't be missed.

It's the content of the law that constitutes fascism. You seem to believe it's impossible to have fascist laws. Here's a clue for you, numskull, the Nazis passed laws for everything they did, even sending Jews to concentration camps.

It boggles my mind that you turds are so stupid and brainwashed that you don't understand the distinction between law and justice. A good little toady of the all powerful state believes them to be the same thing, just like you.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Stalin would love it.

Then seek to amend the Constitution to prohibit public accommodations laws.

But until that happens, such laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional, in no way 'violating' the freedom of business owners.

Horseshit. Your theory that the Constitution justifies whatever government does is a symptom of mental retardation.

Waaah waaaaaah....your theory that the Constitution doesn't apply whenever you don't approve is just a symptom of you being you.

When the Constitution is unjust, it's unjust, and when it doesn't say what libs claim it says, then it doesn't say that.

Pretty simple, really.

Whatever 'principles' these homophobic bakers are hiding behind are based in ignorance and fear. They are not 'principles' but mere excuses to perpetuate more petty repression against a class of American citizens who are committing no crime by simply being who they are.
Correct.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Stalin would love it.

So we passed a Constitutional Amendment ending slavery.

Luckily we won't need to pass a Constitutional Amendment to end bans on gay marriage.

Yes, actually, you do, but long ago libs learned a way around that. Now they just get liberal judge to rule according to the lib agenda.

Remember whey they passed a constitutional amendment against selling alcohol? If we needed an amendment for that, then why didn't we need an amendment to make pot and cocaine illegal? What changed?

Refusing service because of someone's shirt color is pretty fucking arbitrary. The fact that you find that morally acceptable, yet find it morally objectionable for someone to refuse service when it would create a conflict with the person's religious beliefs is astounding, and is extremely bigoted.

Your little theory would open the door to discrimination based on every and anything whatsoever. All I have to do is say I don't like the color of someone's shirt, and I can justify every from of racism and sexism my black little heart desires. Black person walks in the door, I'll just refuse service and say I don't like the red of their shirt. Who cares if their shirt is green, I'm colorblind. When a white person walks through the door with a red shirt, I'll compliment them on their lovely shade of purple.

So congratulations, you've just set us back 100 years and reinstated Jim Crow via fashion.

Have a nice day

It's the content of the law that constitutes fascism. You seem to believe it's impossible to have fascist laws. Here's a clue for you, numskull, the Nazis passed laws for everything they did, even sending Jews to concentration camps.

It boggles my mind that you turds are so stupid and brainwashed that you don't understand the distinction between law and justice. A good little toady of the all powerful state believes them to be the same thing, just like you.

Ahhh, another Godwin moment.

I am surprised.

Have a nice day

Ahhh, another Godwin moment.

I am surprised.

As I've explained many times in the past, "Godwin's law" is bullshit. It was conceived by a liberal to protect liberals from the inevitable comparisons that were bound to be made between their beliefs and the beliefs of Nazis.

BRIPAT9643 SAID:

“Freedom means there's no Gaystapo telling you who you can do business with. Freedom means the absence of government initiated coercion. You're claiming freedom is where government runs your business and your life.”

Wrong.

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional, as authorized by the Commerce Clause; consequently there is no 'coercion,' no one is being 'forced' to do anything, and no freedom is being 'denied.'

Wrong. They are an infringement on your rights. The commerce clause doesn't authorize the federal government to regulate private businesses except in the case of a transaction across state lines, and transfer of funds is the only thing it allows the government to regulate.
You are welcome to your interpretation, but the courts have said otherwise

Forum List

Back