Rule Enforcement On CDZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can moderators please keep a closer eye on content in CDZ. Within the past few weeks I've seen several very partisan in nature posts and comments many of which have had no evidence backing their assertions. Such comments belong on politics, do they not?
“The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section.”

Nothing about prohibiting partisan posts.

Links aren't required in the CDZ.

The key point for CDZ is to promote civil discussion. To that end - no trolling, flaming, putting down other members.

It also means some topics won't work in CDZ - either because of the way they are framed, or the material itself. If something is framed in such a way as to be divisive, baiting or insulting it ain't going to work.

Partisan posts can work IF they are framed in such a way as to PROMOTE CIVIL discussion.

What you need to do is put yourself in your opponents shoes and read your OP....how would you react?

The other thing with the CDZ is it is not meant to be anyone's personal soapbox for "protected" speech that would otherwise be challenged in the other forums.

I don't expect a link but you can't just go on CDZ and say that "right wing ideologies are founded upon lies" without providing support in any way shape or form.
No need to ‘provide support’ for something settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

Two glaring examples of the propensity for lying common to most on the right would be Trump’s lies about the president being ‘born in Kenya’ and Clinton wanting to ‘abolish’ the Second Amendment.

Indeed, conservative dogma is very much predicated on lies.

I don't expect a link but you can't just go on CDZ and say that "right wing ideologies are founded upon lies" without providing support in any way shape or form.

You can challenge the speaker to provide support.

No need to ‘provide support’ for something settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

Two glaring examples of the propensity for lying common to most on the right would be Trump’s lies about the president being ‘born in Kenya’ and Clinton wanting to ‘abolish’ the Second Amendment.

Indeed, conservative dogma is very much predicated on lies.
This is NOT the Trump/Clinton forum so give it a break will you?

Its a question of how the CDZ runs and how it is managed. Your comments are TOTALLY unrelated to the question. This is the front desk for QUESTIONS NO pandering or slighting.

The workings of the CDZ and A&F have nothing to do with politics. Its has EVERYTHING to do with the fair use of the TOA/TOS. That makes the question policy and policy ONLY.

leftist love to hide flame threads in the cdz.

that way they can say whatever they want and report any counters.

Yep.

One doctrinaire leftist poster, in particular, likes to start threads in the CDZ where his opening post calls anybody who might disagree stupid. He then posts reams and reams of cut and pastes interlaced with self-aggrandizement. That is not clean debate by a long shot.

My experience is that that "clean debate" really means politically correct echo chamber here.

One doctrinaire leftist poster .......
What a jerk you are.
My experience is that that "clean debate" really means politically correct echo chamber here.
But you took this opportunity to single out someone who you consider to be a "doctrinaire leftist". Yeah, you're just the sort of person who should be lecturing on 'political correctness'. Bozo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back