Rudy: not only would I testify, I would love to try the case as well

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, said he would be willing to testify in a Senate impeachment trial if asked and would "love to try the case" if given the opportunity.

"I would testify. I would do demonstrations. I'd give lectures. I'd give summations," Giuliani said Tuesday night when asked about the possibility during a New Year's Eve celebration at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

"Or, I'd do what I do best: I'd try the case. I'd love to try the case," he said. "I don't know if anybody would have the courage to give me the case, but if you give me the case, I will prosecute it as a racketeering case, which I kind of invented anyway."

The former prosecutor said it had been 30 years since he tried such a case, "but let's see if I can still do it."

Trump impeachment: Rudy Giuliani willing to testify in Senate trial

Sounds like a pretty confident guy. Is he bluffing? Is he calling ass on Piglosi to go ahead and send the articles to the Senate and see what happens?

Without a doubt, nobody would let Rudy try the case, but his statement suggests he would be working very closely with Trump's defense. In light of Hunter's problems involving the paternity suit, criminal investigations of money laundering that include Burisma, and his tax lien,it certainly is looking like team Trump may have something on the Biden's.

That would be the worst thing that could happen for Trump. He might be the one man in the country with less control over his mouth than Trump.

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, said he would be willing to testify in a Senate impeachment trial if asked and would "love to try the case" if given the opportunity.

"I would testify. I would do demonstrations. I'd give lectures. I'd give summations," Giuliani said Tuesday night when asked about the possibility during a New Year's Eve celebration at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

"Or, I'd do what I do best: I'd try the case. I'd love to try the case," he said. "I don't know if anybody would have the courage to give me the case, but if you give me the case, I will prosecute it as a racketeering case, which I kind of invented anyway."

The former prosecutor said it had been 30 years since he tried such a case, "but let's see if I can still do it."

Trump impeachment: Rudy Giuliani willing to testify in Senate trial

Sounds like a pretty confident guy. Is he bluffing? Is he calling ass on Piglosi to go ahead and send the articles to the Senate and see what happens?

Without a doubt, nobody would let Rudy try the case, but his statement suggests he would be working very closely with Trump's defense. In light of Hunter's problems involving the paternity suit, criminal investigations of money laundering that include Burisma, and his tax lien,it certainly is looking like team Trump may have something on the Biden's.

So testify then Rudy. Under oath.

That would be the worst thing that could happen for Trump. He might be the one man in the country with less control over his mouth than Trump.
I presume you don’t watch when Rudy is on CNN or MSLSD; Rudy slaps the commies down in under 3 seconds.
I’m waiting for your Smiley click.

I presume you don’t watch when Rudy is on CNN or MSLSD; Rudy slaps the commies down in under 3 seconds.

Glad to oblige. But you are correct, I do not watch CNN.

He is, of course, lying his ass off, as, well, that is what Rudy does.

Rudy claims to have uncovered a lot of hidden treasures in Ukraine. Will this scare Nancy pants into holding the articles longer than she wanted to? What if Rudy is not bluffing?

He is, of course, lying his ass off, as, well, that is what Rudy does.

Maybe.....maybe not! Will the Democrats call his bluff if he is?

Rudy claims to have uncovered a lot of hidden treasures in Ukraine. Will this scare Nancy pants into holding the articles longer than she wanted to? What if Rudy is not bluffing?

Rudy makes lots and lots of claims. None have proven to be true yet

What?

Where have you been Rudy? You could have testified months ago?
Looks like an empty promise to me

Why would anyone want the accused attorney to try the case?
Mr Trump, are you guilty?
No
The Prosecution rests

What?

Why would he testify to a committee totally biased; a committee that stopped others from talking? I say let him testify to a more fair panel like the Senate.

Do you feel lucky.jpeg

What?

Why would he testify to a committee totally biased; a committee that stopped others from talking? I say let him testify to a more fair panel like the Senate.

He was a former prosecutor
In what world does the accused get to pick who can ask him questions.

Either way...I say Rudy is too smart to testify under oath

What?

He was a former prosecutor
In what world does the accused get to pick who can ask him questions.

Either way...I say Rudy is too smart to testify under oath

Not if he doesn't have anything to hide. It's really not up to him anyway. It's up to the Trump team on what takes place next, if it takes place at all. Nancy might be afraid of what might come next, and sit on the articles indefinitely.

Forum List

Back