Rudy G says US will overthrow Iran Regime

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Gets pwnd immediately by Nikki Haley and Heather Nauert.

WASHINGTON – United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley shot down the assertion by President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani that the US was plotting a “successful revolution” in Iran.

“The United States is not looking to do a regime change in Iran,” Haley told CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We’re not looking to do regime change anywhere.”

Giuliani declared Saturday that the US sanctions on Iran are causing economic pain that could spur on a regime change – in contrast to US policy.

“I don’t know when we’re going to overthrow them,” Giuliani told the Iran Uprising Summit held by the Organization of Iranian-American Communities, which opposes Tehran’s government.

“It could be in a few days, months, a couple of years. But it’s going to happen,” Giuliani said, according to Reuters.​

Sooo - Why does Rudy continue to weigh in on foreign policy (or anything else for that matter ;-)

https://nypost.com/2018/09/23/haley-denies-giulianis-claim-of-iran-revolution/

WASHINGTON – United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley shot down the assertion by President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani that the US was plotting a “successful revolution” in Iran.

“The United States is not looking to do a regime change in Iran,” Haley told CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We’re not looking to do regime change anywhere.”

Giuliani declared Saturday that the US sanctions on Iran are causing economic pain that could spur on a regime change – in contrast to US policy.

“I don’t know when we’re going to overthrow them,” Giuliani told the Iran Uprising Summit held by the Organization of Iranian-American Communities, which opposes Tehran’s government.

“It could be in a few days, months, a couple of years. But it’s going to happen,” Giuliani said, according to Reuters.​

Sooo - Why does Rudy continue to weigh in on foreign policy (or anything else for that matter ;-)

Do you have any recollection of 1979? Just curious.

If the US government doesn't have a plan for revolution in every country around the world then our leaders are stupid as shit. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

If the US government doesn't have a plan for revolution in every country around the world then our leaders are stupid as shit. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

So we should have a plan for regime change in every country? Sorry but no - Bad enough that we have Pompeo and Bolton banging those war drums - Rudy needs to STFU about anything remotely involving foreign policy. He's clueless.

So we should have a plan for regime change in every country? Sorry but no - Bad enough that we have Pompeo and Bolton banging those war drums - Rudy needs to STFU about anything remotely involving foreign policy. He's clueless.
You don’t remember 1979?

You don’t remember 1979?

Yes - Other than the hostage crisis, their revolution was none of our business.

I'm not banging war drums you loon its called a contingency plan.

You don’t remember 1979?

Yes - Other than the hostage crisis, their revolution was none of our business.
And there was never any Cold War?

What fascinates me is that in this age of internet conspiracy theories the American public still believes the "Iran is evil" message the government has been peddling for decades.
Iran has never invaded another country. Unlike Saudi, it isn't a source of terrorists, and unlike Israel and Pakistan it doesn't posesse nuclear weapons.
Hmmm... I think money is involved somewhere...

Thank you. I was going to point out that the USA, under Democrat Jimmy Carter, created the current mess in Iran today.

What fascinates me is that in this age of internet conspiracy theories the American public still believes the "Iran is evil" message the government has been peddling for decades.
Iran has never invaded another country. Unlike Saudi, it isn't a source of terrorists, and unlike Israel and Pakistan it doesn't posesse nuclear weapons.
Are you insane?

Thank you. I was going to point out that the USA, under Democrat Jimmy Carter, created the current mess in Iran today.
Carter allowed the revolution to foment and then threw gas on the fire by giving asylum to the shah. Iranians had legit grievances against the shah but replacing him with something far worse is not improvement.
Those who refer to the shah’s puppet regime as an excuse for allowing that revolution to develop conveniently overlook geography and the Cold War. More often they’re ignorant of those elements.

Carter allowed the revolution to foment and then threw gas on the fire by giving asylum to the shah. Iranians had legit grievances against the shah but replacing him with something far worse is not improvement.
Those who refer to the shah’s puppet regime as an excuse for allowing that revolution to develop conveniently overlook geography and the Cold War. More often they’re ignorant of those elements.
Our left seems intent on replacing secular dictators with Muslim dictators. I thought they hated theocracies above all else?!

Guess they love Muslim theocracy.

Our left seems intent on replacing secular dictators with Muslim dictators. I thought they hated theocracies above all else?!

Guess they love Muslim theocracy.
Don’t even try to apply logic to democrat duplicity.

Are you insane?
Are you brainwashed?
Can you name any Iranian terrorists? I can think of plenty of Saudi ones.
Does Iran have nukes?
Has Iran ever invaded anywhere (apart from the American psyche)?

Saudi Arabia funds an unopposed worldwide mosque building program that is spreading Wahabi/Salafist poison throughout the west while we keep ourselves in a stupor, contentedly sucking their oily tits. The Iran bashing stuck record is just smoke and mirrors for the benefit of Israel and the house of Sa'ud.

Forum List

Back