Rude People

So we went to dinner at a very nice restaurant for what should have been an enjoyable meal. Instead, a man at the next table thought everyone around him should know what he was drinking, what his politics were, what his investments were like and what he thought of celebrities from arnold schwarzenneger to mike blumberg.

i wanted to give him my check at the end of the meal since he ruined our dinner. but my husband wouldn't let me.

I've always found that the volume of people's voices in public is inversely proportionate to their intellect.

Some days i just don't know....

Next time consider asking to be moved to another table. If that doesn't fly, talk to the Waiter or the Maitre d' ;) Life is too short Dear.

My ex knows better than to hold me back. I would have said loudly STFU. I know. Very ungracious of me but I get like that sometimes. :lol:

No. That was the woman in the next stall i the rest room who was having a cell phone discussion.

They're all out there

A man went into the public toilets to relieve himself. The first cubicle was in use,
so he went into the next one. As he took down his trousers, he heard a voice from
the other cubicle.

"Hey, hows it going?"

Not wanting to be rude, he replied, "Not too bad thanks."

A few seconds later, he heard the voice again.
"What are you up to?"

Somewhat relunctantly, he replied, "Having a quick shit, what about you?"

He heard the voice again.
"Hold on, I'm going to have to call you back. There's some wise arse in the cubicle
next to me answering everything I say!!

People who live in glass houses...

... shouldn't throw stones...

... people who talk in public...

... shouldn't use phones.
:tongue:

So we went to dinner at a very nice restaurant for what should have been an enjoyable meal. Instead, a man at the next table thought everyone around him should know what he was drinking, what his politics were, what his investments were like and what he thought of celebrities from arnold schwarzenneger to mike blumberg.
i wanted to give him my check at the end of the meal since he ruined our dinner. but my husband wouldn't let me.

I've always found that the volume of people's voices in public is inversely proportionate to their intellect.

Next time consider asking to be moved to another table. If that doesn't fly, talk to the Waiter or the Maitre d' ;) Life is too short Dear.

I know. I just kept hoping that my intimidating stare would make him stop. :cool:

Last edited:

What a boorish lout.

Did you say anything to the management of the restuarant once it became apparent that this guy was going to ruin your dining experience?

If not, why not?

some people prefer to whine and act victimized.

I don't get that at all. I bet next time Jillian will choose to make a difference. Sometimes we are just caught off guard.

I didn't say anything because he was an older man and at first we thought he was just hard of hearing. By the time ewe realized he was just a vile human being, we were up to having coffee

I know. I just kept hoping that my intimidating stare would make him stop. :cool:

He probably thought you were making goo-goo eyes at him, Jillian!

If you were to venture a guess....which poster here was he?

I was not in NY that evening.
Or any evening

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I don't get that at all. I bet next time Jillian will choose to make a difference. Sometimes we are just caught off guard.

And that's it. I certainly don't see Jillian as a timid soul afraid to stick up for herself. I damn sure know I'm not.

But there's sometimes that indecision in following your immediate impulses vs making a scene in a public place. That tension between sticking up for yourself and looking worse than the one you are accusing when you do it. The choice between reacting and deciding where it is important enough to act.

It isn't always that cut and dried.

He probably thought you were making goo-goo eyes at him, Jillian!

If that was his idea of goo goo eyes, I feel bad for him.

I think he just didn't care who he was bothering

And that's it. I certainly don't see Jillian as a timid soul afraid to stick up for herself. I damn sure know I'm not.

But there's sometimes that indecision in following your immediate impulses vs making a scene in a public place. That tension between sticking up for yourself and looking worse than the one you are accusing when you do it. The choice between reacting and deciding where it is important enough to act.

It isn't always that cut and dried.

Exactly.

Perhaps he was hearing impaired?

I know, but I have a soft heart for loud blowhards, lol.

Although not exactly identical in circumstances - or severity - this reminds me of a story I read in our local newspaper several years ago that made the national press.

During the holiday season an incredibly obnoxious Gypsy family arrived at a campsite not far from where I live. As sson as these inbred peasants had pitched their caravan/mobile home they began making an incredible nuisance of themselves. They drank all day, played loud music and generally tried to provoke anyone they could - all in the presence of families with small children. They were going out of their way to ruin their neighbours' holiday. What they hadn't counted on, however, was that opposite their pitch was a group of people that weren't the type of people you should mess about with. To cut a long story short, during one of these daytime parties (following a great deal of antagonism) this group of three men approached one of the main [female] offenders, sprayed her with lighter fuel and then proceeded to seriously assault her. The words "repeatedly kicked, punched and stamped on her" were repeated throughout the article. The accompanying images that detailed her injuries were shocking to say the least.

Slightly off topic, I know, but it still goes towards reminding us that at some point along the line these people get what's coming to them. Sometimes they just get more than what they and everyone else expected.

Although not exactly identical in circumstances - or severity - this reminds me of a story I read in our local newspaper several years ago that made the national press.

During the holiday season an incredibly obnoxious Gypsy family arrived at a campsite not far from where I live. As sson as these inbred peasants had pitched their caravan/mobile home they began making an incredible nuisance of themselves. They drank all day, played loud music and generally tried to provoke anyone they could - all in the presence of families with small children. They were going out of their way to ruin their neighbours' holiday. What they hadn't counted on, however, was that opposite their pitch was a group of people that weren't the type of people you should mess about with. To cut a long story short, during one of these daytime parties (following a great deal of antagonism) this group of three men approached one of the main [female] offenders, sprayed her with lighter fuel and then proceeded to seriously assault her. The words "repeatedly kicked, punched and stamped on her" were repeated throughout the article. The accompanying images that detailed her injuries were shocking to say the least.

Slightly off topic, I know, but it still goes towards reminding us that at some point along the line these people get what's coming to them. Sometimes they just get more than what they and everyone else expected.

Why didn't you get it on video and upload it to YouTube? It could have been the next viral video.

Forum List

Back