Rubio's Ridiculous Immigration Plan: So Bad, It Might Sink Amnesty

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
This is a great article and proofs how any amnesty proposal is ridiculous for many reasons!

Rubio?s Ridiculous Immigration Plan: So Bad, It Might Sink Amnesty | VDARE.com

amnesty.jpg

But illegals are, as the saying goes, “undocumented”—so it is almost impossible to prove how long they’ve been in the country. (Anyway, why reward some people for breaking our laws longer than others?) Similarly, because illegals are usually paid under the table, it will be nearly impossible to prove that they owe taxes.

Clearly this ‘concern’ with regard to undocumented immigration has little or nothing to do with laws being violated or the integrity of our borders; it has only to do with the hate and ignorance exhibited by racists opposed to more brown people who speak Spanish coming to America.

Here are some uncomfortable facts for the bigots who rant and rave about illegal immigrants:

2gugsr8.png

With the same number of immigrants we have now, if not more, unemployment before the Wall Street derivatives bubble crashed was as close to zero at it gets.

Immigrants do not cause unemployment. The banks did that.

Immigrants do not steal jobs. We are a nation of immigrants, and that scares the bejeesus out of people who get night sweats over "multiculturalism" (a favored word of White Nationalists everywhere).

What those numbers tell us is that the labor demand is not being met with an adequate labor supply. And what does free market economics tell us will happen in such a situation?

That's right. An illegal supply will rise to meet the unmet demand.

Rather than read someone else's biased opinion on Rubio's plan, why not read it at the source?

Here: The Weekend Interview with Marco Rubio: Riding to the Immigration Rescue - WSJ.com

He makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
iN 2007, pEW FOUND THAT 94% OF ILLEGAL MALES WORKED, 67% PAID TAXES, AND 35% OWNED HOUSES. tHANK-YOU, pUB'S REFUSAL TO ALLOW A GOOD ss/WORK id CARD. nOW IT'S TiME TO FACE REALITY, AND END THE PROBLEM- MANY FEWER COMING IN. pASS sCHUMER/LINDSAY gRAham BILL.

ooops

But illegals are, as the saying goes, “undocumented”—so it is almost impossible to prove how long they’ve been in the country. (Anyway, why reward some people for breaking our laws longer than others?) Similarly, because illegals are usually paid under the table, it will be nearly impossible to prove that they owe taxes.

Clearly this ‘concern’ with regard to undocumented immigration has little or nothing to do with laws being violated or the integrity of our borders; it has only to do with the hate and ignorance exhibited by racists opposed to more brown people who speak Spanish coming to America.

Last I looked, ones language doesn't specify or define race.

Violating our borders is against the law. It has nothing to do with racism or hate, it's a law.

Clearly.

I mean, what is the alternative? Continue the futile case by case witchhunt until all 12 million are found and deported?

Whether some people want to admit it or not, the illegals living in our country play an integral part of our economy.

Granting them amnesty and then tightening the borders is the only logical step.

How can we even consider amnesty for these job-stealing invaders when we have 30 million americans looking for work.? Rubio is a RINO - and we need to start calling him that. Marco Rino.

Race-Card1.jpg

Rubio's family got in no questions asked so I'm always amazed that he has the nerve to talk about hoops for others to jump through.

What those numbers tell us is that the labor demand is not being met with an adequate labor supply.

I favor some form of legalization for illegals here now, but I must take issue with that statement as I believe it to be incomplete. I think it should read thusly:

What those numbers tell us is that the labor demand is not being met with an adequate labor supply AT THE WAGES AND BENEFITS BUSINESS OWNERS WANT TO PAY.

The point is that in most cases, domestic labor would be readily available if not for the relentless downward pressure on wages exerted by business owners in the search for one more penny's profit. Sure, a business has to make a profit to stay in business, but it doesn't HAVE to make every single, solitary penny it can make to be profitable. It must be noted that it is not the illegals who came here with the idea of undercutting American wages, but the business owners themselves who have recruited illegals and brought them here because they don't want to pay American workers a living wage.

Illegals are as much victims of corporate greed as are the domestic workers they've replaced and the solution isn't to go after the illegals, but to go after those businesses which hire them.

Last edited:

Last I looked, ones language doesn't specify or define race.

Violating our borders is against the law. It has nothing to do with racism or hate, it's a law.

That's fine.

Guess what? We the people, decide how to address that.

Penalties for breaking the law aren't fixed or flat.

We, the people, decide what those are..

What those numbers tell us is that the labor demand is not being met with an adequate labor supply.

I favor some form of legalization for illegals here now, but I must take issue with that statement as I believe it to be incomplete. I think it should read thusly:

What those numbers tell us is that the labor demand is not being met with an adequate labor supply AT THE WAGES AND BENEFITS BUSINESS OWNERS WANT TO PAY.

The point is that in most cases, domestic labor would be readily available if not for the relentless downward pressure on wages exerted by business owners in the search for one more penny's profit. Sure, a business has to make a profit to stay in business, but it doesn't HAVE to make every single, solitary penny it can make to be profitable. It must be noted that it is not the illegals who came here with the idea of undercutting American wages, but the business owners themselves who have recruited illegals and brought them here because they don't want to pay American workers a living wage.

Illegals are as much victims of corporate greed as are the domestic workers they've replaced and the solution isn't to go after the illegals, but to go after those businesses which hire them.

I agree. It always amazes me the level of greed exhibited by some business owners. Let's say a business owner is making $500,000 a year, and is looking at the possibility of making only $450,000 next year. He would be quick to lay off workers, and cut wages and hours to not only maintain the salary he was already making, but to increase his salary next year. To hell with the people he laid off who may not be able to support their families now. Every penny of profit counts. It's legal, and perfectly within the rights of the business owner, but it doesn't make it any less immoral.

We the People are moving towards a general amnesty, but we need much more than that to be successful.

For that to work well, we need we need to enforce the laws on the employers and tighten the border so only a trickle make it across.

I agree. It always amazes me the level of greed exhibited by some business owners. Let's say a business owner is making $500,000 a year, and is looking at the possibility of making only $450,000 next year. He would be quick to lay off workers, and cut wages and hours to not only maintain the salary he was already making, but to increase his salary next year. To hell with the people he laid off who may not be able to support their families now. Every penny of profit counts. It's legal, and perfectly within the rights of the business owner, but it doesn't make it any less immoral.

What's ironic, and profoundly funny to me, is that those who cry the most about illegal immigrants are the same ones who support killing off unions.

I'm sure most of them were not in the work force 40 or 50 years ago, but those of us who were know we didn't have an illegal problem back then because the unions kept illegals out of their workspace. Oh, sure, we've always had illegals hired for seasonal farm work (except in California and south Florida where the "season" is year round), but illegal workers did not start moving into industrial and construction jobs until the 1980's, when Ronald Reagan began the assault on unions.

If you want to find the root cause of the massive invasion of illegals into just about every job category, you need look no further than the death of unions. Killing off the unions allowed business owners to cut pay and benefits to their workers, and maximize profit, and it didn't take them long to figure out that Mexican's would work even cheaper than non-union American's.

Last edited:

What's ironic, and profoundly funny to me, is that those who cry the most about illegal immigrants are the same ones who support killing off unions.

I'm sure most of them were not in the work force 40 or 50 years ago, but those of us who were know we didn't have an illegal problem back then because the unions kept illegals out of their workspace. Oh, sure, we've always had illegals hired for seasonal farm work (except in California and south Florida where the "season" is year round), but illegal workers did not start moving into industrial and construction jobs until the 1980's, when Ronald Reagan began the assault on unions.

If you want to find the root cause of the massive invasion of illegals into just about every job category, you need look no further than the death of unions. Killing off the unions allowed business owners to cut pay and benefits to their workers, and maximize profit, and it didn't take them long to figure out that Mexican's would work even cheaper than non-union American's.
Very true.

so you agree we have an "invasion of illegals".......? :eusa_clap:

so why don't the unions fight for protected borders, against amnesty, etc.....?

unions were fine in the early years when they addressed problems about safety issues etc.... but after that they became nothing more than a method to provide campaign funds for the Democrats....

Forum List

Back