rubio's not eligible

is marco rubio eligible to be president ??

• yes

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • no

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
that's why he's so confident about not being asked, paul ryan maybe.

Joseph Farah | World Net Daily | Marco Rubio | Natural-Born Citizen | The Daily Caller

if you don't believe me, call his office and ask him if he thinks he eligible.

Rubio's bio says he was born in MIAMI. :D

The argument is that his parents weren't yet US citizens when he was born in 1971. They were legal residents of the US but they didn't qualify for full citizenship until 1975. Here is a better link on the issue: Birthers say Marco Rubio is not eligible to be president - Tampa Bay Times

The problem with this reasoning is that it would mean George Washington wasn't a natural born citizen.

Your reasoning is faulty the Constitution specifically exempted those of George Washington's era from the requirements. But the birthers are wrong. The requirements for running are natural born citizen if he was born in the US he is natural born. Unless his parents were foreign dignitaries stationed here. He was born a US Citizen according to current law and even the law at the time of his birth.

The argument against Obama is that the law at the time required 5 year residency for a citizen overseas, ( and no I believe he was born in Hawaii) so the argument is if he was born overseas he was not a natural born citizen under the law at the time.

i think one of his parents was a cuban national before castro.

How would that make him ineligable?

Furthermore, the are considering him for the office if Vice President, which doesn't require you to be a natural born citizen.

Yes it does.... He is if elected Vice President the President if anything happens to the President. The speaker of the House is not required to be natural born because if it devolves to him or her they can be skipped in the line of succession.

Let's see. He's born in the United States... So yes, he qualifies.

I know there are some people that like making things more complicated, but the fact is he fully qualifies.

everyone doesn't like or trips over like dick van dyke on the ottoman, the expression "natural born". the supreme court hasn't decided to decide that one yet.

but that's for another day.

Joseph Farah | World Net Daily | Marco Rubio | Natural-Born Citizen | The Daily Caller

Marco Rubio was born in Miami, therefore he is a natural born citizen. His parents status don't have dick to do with anything.

End of story, now please go get a life.

Agreed, just more Farah fare.

Furthermore, the are considering him for the office if Vice President, which doesn't require you to be a natural born citizen.

Yes it does. 12th Amendment. Look it up.

which is it ??

Which is what?

The 12th Amendment states "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States"

which is it ??

Which is what?

The 12th Amendment states "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States"

Which, of course, is exactly as relevant to Rubio as it was to Obama. In other words, it's not.

I never said it was relevant. I was correcting Bripat who thought you could be VP and not be a natural born citizen.

The argument is that his parents weren't yet US citizens when he was born in 1971. They were legal residents of the US but they didn't qualify for full citizenship until 1975. Here is a better link on the issue: Birthers say Marco Rubio is not eligible to be president - Tampa Bay Times

The problem with this reasoning is that it would mean George Washington wasn't a natural born citizen.

The problem with THAT reasoning is that the Constitution specifically states one must be "a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution", which latter qualification Washington met. I thought everyone knew that the Founding Fathers had "grandfathered" themselves into the provisions.

"Anchor babies" are not "natural born"?:doubt:

i think that's why he can't accept, too bad.

Horse crap. If he was born in Miami, he's a natural-born citizen under our current laws. Period, end of discussion.

Maybe he just doesn't want the job and is going to refuse.

Were his parents citizens at the time of his birth?

We know for certain that obama's father was not a citizen when he was born, no matter where he was born.

What difference does it make whether his parents were citizens?

i think one of his parents was a cuban national before castro.

It does, because to be the Vice President (aka the next in line of the Presidential succession), you must be eligible to hold the office of President should something happen to the current office-holder.

Forum List

Back