Rubio To Right-Wing: Our Rhetoric Is 'Harsh, Intolerable, Inexcusable' On Immigration

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Alex Seitz-Wald and Scott Keyes

MIAMI, Florida — Speaking at the conservative Hispanic Leadership Network conference here today, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) warned his fellow conservatives against using rhetoric towards immigrants that is “harsh and intolerable and inexcusable“:

“We must admit that there are those among us that have used rhetoric that is harsh and intolerable and inexcusable,” Rubio said. “And we must admit — myself included — that sometimes we’ve been too slow to condemn that language for what it is.”

More: Rubio Calls Out Conservatives For 'Harsh And Intolerable And Inexcusable' Rhetoric On Immigration | ThinkProgress

Undocumented Students Confront Rubio During Speech At Hispanic Conference | ThinkProgress

What I loved best was the big station down there was gonna try to pull a squeeze play on Rubio...what are they UNO or something?

Over a relative who got busted for drugs 20 years ago. Bless their souls eveyr R said fuck you and we arent coming on your station. Bachmann to Perry to Cain to Paul all of them said fuck off.

pretty cool.

Last edited:
"There are those among us who have used the rhetoric, myself included"..... Marco Rubio. What does that tell you? Cherry picking sentences is the only thing that radical libs have left?

Dear Mr. Rubio:

People hate when other people CUT TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE while other people wait for years to live in the U.S. EVERYBODY wants a better life!!!

Most Hispanics have somebody in their family who is or was a illegal alien. That's why Rubio makes these ridiculous statements.

There’s a strange pragmatic streak among many Florida republicans on the undocumented immigration issue.

This is due in part to undocumented Cuban immigrants granted refugee status should they make it to the US (mostly Florida), and the political clout of 1.4 million Cubans in the state. Due in part to the powerful influence of agribusiness in Tallahassee: illegal workers make for larger profit margins. And due in part to an innate desire among Florida politicians to avoid any negative publicity: the tourism and convention industry – as powerful as agribusiness – won’t tolerate 1070-type laws that could bring about boycotts or like protests.

Dear Mr. Rubio:

People hate when other people CUT TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE while other people wait for years to live in the U.S. EVERYBODY wants a better life!!!

Most Hispanics have somebody in their family who is or was a illegal alien. That's why Rubio makes these ridiculous statements.

Wow...Rubio says the rhetoric is harsh and this idiot deflects away from that to speak about cutting the line and shit.

Rubio is right and anyone with half a brain would see that as well. I'm hoping that since Rubio said it and not La Raza the cons can listen instead of personally attack and ridicule the messenger. But you guys are sooo Saul Alinsky...Ridicule and personal attacks

When Spanish is spoken openly in Florida, California and Texas like it is equal or superior to English, then we need to relook at the illegals invasion.

Sounds like he is correctly saying that using our hispanic population as a political scarecrow/scapegoat is a sure path to political obscurity for the GOP.

MIAMI, Florida — Speaking at the conservative Hispanic Leadership Network conference here today, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) warned his fellow conservatives against using rhetoric towards immigrants that is “harsh and intolerable and inexcusable“:

“We must admit that there are those among us that have used rhetoric that is harsh and intolerable and inexcusable,” Rubio said. “And we must admit — myself included — that sometimes we've been too slow to condemn that language for what it is.”

More: Rubio Calls Out Conservatives For 'Harsh And Intolerable And Inexcusable' Rhetoric On Immigration | ThinkProgress

Undocumented Students Confront Rubio During Speech At Hispanic Conference | ThinkProgress

well well...another dishonest title from you and thinkprogress..

“We must admit that there are those among us that have used rhetoric that is harsh and intolerable and inexcusable,” Rubio said. “And we must admit — myself included — that sometimes we’ve been too slow to condemn that language for what it is.”

I think I hear a bus.

Who can believe anything this guy says? He made up his own history. Republicans are good making things up, blowing things up and tearing things down.

Stuff like science and building NEW things? Not so much.

Forum List

Back