Rubio Bill Lets ANY Employer Deny Birth Control Coverage

This seems way over the top. I really don't understand the Republican agenda.

The Infidel said:
Hi, you have received -417 reputation points from The Infidel.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
because you are too stupid

Regards,
The Infidel

Note: This is an automated message.

Holy shit, The Infidel negged me for the above post. Wingnuts are sooo special...

So man and wife should only have sex for reproductive purposes.

btw, for the thousandths time, these are employee compensations, they are being paid for with WORK.

try not to be painfully stupid, ace.

i never said sex should only be for reproductive purposes only.

there is no reason why an employer should have to pay for his employees birth control any more than s/he should have to pay for plastic surgery.

There's no reason for my employer to be involved with ANY of my medical decisions.

that's nice

The Infidel said:

Comment:

Regards,
The Infidel

Holy shit, The Infidel negged me for the above post. Wingnuts are sooo special...

stop whining

By Sahil Kapur

Legislation introduced by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) to reverse the Obama administration’s birth control rule would effectively permit any employer to deny contraception coverage in their employee health plans, critics note.

“Any employer could deny birth control coverage under Rubio’s bill and all the employer would have to do is say it’s for a religious reason,” said Jessica Arons, Director of the Women’s Health and Rights Program at the liberal Center for American Progress. “There is no test to prove eligibility. It’s a loophole you could drive a truck through.”

The Rubio bill, The Religious Freedom Restoration Act, comes in response to a Catholic firestorm over the fact that the administration’s exemption on its birth control rule does not include religious hospitals and universities along with churches. But this bill appears to go far beyond that, permitting any employer to claim the religious exemption without a criteria.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) told reporters Thursday the measure would grant the exemption to “not just Catholic employers — to all employers.”

Rubio’s spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

More: Rubio Bill Lets ANY Employer Deny Birth Control Coverage | TPMDC

As long as our insurance coverage is tied to our employers this bullshit will occupy the political dialogue.

How about a bill to let insurance companies sell whatever kind of coverage they want and allow us to choose from all of them for our insurance needs instead of just what our various employers 'like' politically?

Good (insert your preferred Deity here), we look stupid from space!

I'm good with that idea. Open the sucker up. across state lines, across coverage options, etc. pay for waht we want, don't pay for something we don't want.

So man and wife should only have sex for reproductive purposes.

btw, for the thousandths time, these are employee compensations, they are being paid for with WORK.

there is no reason why an employer should have to pay for his employees birth control any more than s/he should have to pay for plastic surgery.

There's no reason for my employer to be involved with ANY of my medical decisions.

If you are going to have employer provided insurance, your employer has to be involved.

The Infidel said:

Comment:

Regards,
The Infidel

would you please shut the fuck up about getting negged all the damned time? The more you complain, the more you'll get negged just for being a whiny ass bitch, Shitting Bull.

You said

abstain from having sex

I guess I misinterpreted that. Apparently you meant married couples should never have sex.

oh brother...:cuckoo:

Sorry I touched a nerve there, Shamu.

You know people,

we could go to single payer healthcare and make this issue disappear altogether.

It wouldn't make it disappear. "I don't want my taxes going to pay for HER abortion or HER birth control!"

People have to lighten up and realize that everyone else around them has a perfect right to be wrong.

The Infidel said:

Comment:

Regards,
The Infidel

would you please shut the fuck up about getting negged all the damned time? The more you complain, the more you'll get negged just for being a whiny ass bitch, Shitting Bull.

She never bitches about mine. :eusa_whistle:

In some circumstances, everything.

More to the point is that the GObP/Repubs are tightening their strangle hold over the gullible. Its the 21st century and yet, they're looking to force women to have babies?

And, while they force unwanted births, they also refuse to accept any responsibility for their actions.

Birth control/morning after pills , therapeutic abortions - all have been available from religion-affiliated hospitals. The pubs have discovered n avenue of control over the gullible ... and, sure nuff, they line up.

Vote for Sanatorium. He's obsessed with what you might be doing in your bedroom. That's why he's running for the office of National Peeping Tom and Sex Sheriff.

Its obvious O is hence his fascination with birth control in bedrooms.

Since so many rw's are illiterate, its difficult to understand your exact meaning. Therefore, I'm giving you a comma (,). Please use it wisely.

But, really, its squirrely little Santorum of frothy anal secretions, who talks of controlling birth control and every bedroom activity you can think of.

OTOH, President Obama has only addressed a woman's right to decide for herself when she should or wants to bear a child.

Why do you want to force women to bear a child every single year of her life?

dear me, you ObamaBOTS are not the sharpest knives.

You and everyone in this country go buy BUY birth control...NO one is controlling IT, go pay for your own birth control and abortions..
OR heres a novel idea...DON'T HAVE SEX..

Last edited:

that's nice

And yet they are. Deeply. :dunno: What the hell happened?

Are you daft?

The right keeps talking about liberty and freedom as if it's disappearing, and the next thing we know, Republicans want to give employers the power to interfere in the reproductive choices of their employees, and you guys don't seem to see a problem with that. What's wrong with you people?

That's fucking retarded.... by an employer choosing to not pay for contraception your reproductive rights are being infringed upon?

How fucking stupid is that? Go buy some condoms.. they're pretty cheap. Problem solved. God you libs are fucking needy.

The employers in these cases are interfering in the relationship between the insurance companies and his employees because of the employers' personal views. It's none of his damn business.

Do you you realize how stupid you are? On second thought please don't answer that...

Have you ever paid for anything, better yet have you ever earned what it takes to pay for anything...

How do you come up with this crap, hell go ahead and ask for toilet paper, tooth paste, sanitary napkins, oh don't forget douche...

I've never heard of a single case of an employer who had the right to dictate to an insurance company what they could or could not offer as far as coverage. That's not surprising since he doesn't own or run the insurance company and has no standing to interfere with their business.

Sure they do.... they pick the plan. Get over it.

Many employers offer a variety of plans. But they don't have the right to dictate to the insurance companies what they can and can't include in their plans.

Sure, but they can definitely dictate what coverage they will pay for. I've picked plans that don't cover maternity because of the expense.. you want maternity.. you pay for it.

that's nice

And yet they are. Deeply. :dunno: What the hell happened?

they provide insurance, not decisions.

pretty basic, imo. if you don't like what they provide, decide to work elsewhere. no one is chained to their workplace.

we're becoming a nation of mewling infants, and we want our binky NOW

As long as our insurance coverage is tied to our employers this bullshit will occupy the political dialogue.

How about a bill to let insurance companies sell whatever kind of coverage they want and allow us to choose from all of them for our insurance needs instead of just what our various employers 'like' politically?

Good (insert your preferred Deity here), we look stupid from space!

I'm good with that idea. Open the sucker up. across state lines, across coverage options, etc. pay for waht we want, don't pay for something we don't want.

A single payer option would be the most efficient method of spreading risk, but if we MUST allow profit to be made from the handling of our medical billing and payment paperwork, shouldn't the competition be at LEAST as deep as what we enjoy in the Auto Insurance Industry? :dunno: And shouldn't switching from one to another be just about as easy as telling Progressive to go fuck themselves and calling GEICO?

Sure they do.... they pick the plan. Get over it.

Many employers offer a variety of plans. But they don't have the right to dictate to the insurance companies what they can and can't include in their plans.

Sure, but they can definitely dictate what coverage they will pay for. I've picked plans that don't cover maternity because of the expense.. you want maternity.. you pay for it.

e-fuckin-xactly.

Forum List

Back