RUBICON - a new AMC series on Top Secret America

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
Last edited:
i wonder if they pay any homage to the author of the book they stole the title from, Mike Ruppert, for his "Crossing the Rubicon: The decline of the American empire at the end of the age of oil"... the far more extensively and honest assessment of 9/11 and the money trail.... a book which sits in the Harvard Business Library.

if they don't, it will be disappointing, considering the subject matter they're likely to produce is hardly news to anyone paying attention.

Last edited:
i wonder if they pay any homage to the author of the book they stole the title from, Mike Ruppert, for his "Crossing the Rubicon: The decline of the American empire at the end of the age of oil"... the far more extensively and honest assessment of 9/11 and the money trail.... a book which sits in the Harvard Business Library.

if they don't, it will be disappointing, considering the subject matter they're likely to produce is hardly news to anyone paying attention.

Thanks for the heads-up, Jiggs. I was recommending Rubicon from the perspective of entertainment only, and because what I saw in the pilot was entertaining. Conspiracy theories are beyond my kith-and-kin. If it's about worn out theories of 9-11, it will provoke angst and anger in me, and I presume others who reject such.

Edit; The word "Rubicon" has as its source Julius Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon River and entering Italy proper with a military force. In so doing he became a threat to the state in Rome. Today it means crossing a forbidden line, taking irreversible action, breaking with tradition, and is imbedded in modern parlance, and as such no one owns it. As a matter of fact another recent book on the history of Rome from founding to fall of the republic (2003) by Tom Holland, takes that title because it was a signal moment in Roman history. Ruppert's book was published in 2005.

Last edited:
I understand all that. I never said anyone "owned" the phrase. But any allusion to 9/11 and oil conspiracy will no doubt contain subject material unearthed by Ruppert's investigative journlism team and should be credited. I have little doubt they lifted the title from his reference.

It's fairly interesting so far. A think tank similar to Council on Foreign Relations maybe?

Another test show with a hidden agenda is NBC's "Persons Unknown," which started off okay but now has gotten too convoluted. Whenever a show goes off the range and strange characters start running around cobblestoned streets somewhere in Europe, they lose me.

It's fairly interesting so far. A think tank similar to Council on Foreign Relations maybe?

Another test show with a hidden agenda is NBC's "Persons Unknown," which started off okay but now has gotten too convoluted. Whenever a show goes off the range and strange characters start running around cobblestoned streets somewhere in Europe, they lose me.
Like "Lost." This will be different I think; fairly straightforward, but with intricate switcheroos. We're getting a lot of clues about the characters. I hope it's not too predictable; the Councel on Foreign Relations thing, would be too predictable, but for some not.

The character saying his ancestor had set up a huge ferrying operation and had been beaten out of it by a well known nineteenth century American of great wealth, an Astor or a Vanderbilt, I suppos was to establish his ancestry, and that he still bears a grudge.

Last edited:

Like "Lost." This will be different I think; fairly straightforward, but with intricate switcheroos. We're getting a lot of clues about the characters. I hope it's not too predictable; the Councel on Foreign Relations thing, would be too predictable, but for some not.

The character saying his ancestor had set up a huge ferrying operation and had been beaten out of it by a well known nineteenth century American of great wealth, an Astor or a Vanderbilt, I suppos was to establish his ancestry, and that he still bears a grudge.

Which character is that? The new guy with a new team who's got something going on the side trying to solve the mysterious death of his mentor?

By the CFR analogy, I mean that organization delves into all sorts of cloak and dagger stuff, not just the obvious.

Which character is that? The new guy with a new team who's got something going on the side trying to solve the mysterious death of his mentor?

By the CFR analogy, I mean that organization delves into all sorts of cloak and dagger stuff, not just the obvious.
I don't know the character's names: the guy who is conversant with the widow of the man who shot himself. He was standing at the pier with a third man, who was also a part of the "secret society" when he made that claim.

EDIT: Found it:

His name was “R.T.” He was talking with the suicide victim's widow's attorney(?)

RT: “My great-great-grandfather, Horace started his own ferry line between here and Brooklyn, expanded it to New London, and south to Baltimore … did pretty well for himself...until he was gobbled up by that prick Vanderbilt. "

Last edited:

Forum List

Back