RTÉ reporting: gay marriage referendum expected to pass by 2:1 margin

Again, all the uproar about this never made sense to me. Insisting on using the word "marriage" just seemed intended to cause a ruckus. That all people are equal and should be treated that way under law is only logical. It has been and can be done without redefining vocabulary.
In any event, it is not important and affects such a minuscule portion of humanity that wasting so much energy on it when there are real issues is hypocritical, in a way.

000aa111-642.jpg

I am told they call themselves either the YES team/coalition or the NO team/coalition.

This is the exact wording of the Constitutional Amendment:

"Marriage may be contracted in accordance with law by two persons without distinction as to their sex".

Agree (yes) / disagree (no)

Here is the link for the actual statistics:

Same-Sex Marriage Referendum - RT News

Currently, as of 16:25, GMT +1:

View attachment 41601

That's only 5 of 43 "districts", if you will, but the results are looking to be pretty consistent.

Here a normal land-map of Ireland:

ireland-map.gif

And a population density map of Ireland:

350px-Population_density_of_Ireland_map2002.svg.png

So, Sligo, Cork (2nd largest city), Navan and Waterford are in. Dublin (largest city in Ireland) is not in yet and is expected to go roughly 70/30 for SSM. Castle Durrow, Limerick (third largest city), Dundalk, Galway (4th largest city), Drogheda, Clonmel and Tralee have yet to report in.

It is reported that 3.2 million votes were cast in the referendum. Update: a German radio station just reported 2.3 million ballots cast. One of those two sources has it backwards. :D

More details as the day progresses. Since the referendum is obviously winning in more rural areas, there is no doubt it is going to pass today.

What may be surprising is the very, very large blowout margin that is developing.

Ireland has an interesting system of elections, especially, the vote counting part. They do it the next day.

Oh, and there are a couple of other referendums also on the ballot:

Irish constitutional referendums 2015 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

One is to reduce the voting age from 18 to 16.
And he can't figure out why everyone knows he's gay. LOL!

Moms can marry daughters, brothers each other, sisters each other, etc.
What's to celebrate?

No, that's not what it is about. You are just distorting the facts.
That's not what is says here...

"Marriage may be contracted in accordance with law by two persons without distinction as to their sex".

Obviously 'in accordance with law' is subjective because this changes law on its face.

What's to celebrate?

How did you manage to figure out how to turn a computer on, if you don't know the difference between "gay" and "incest"?
First off, gay means happy and festive and there is noting happy or festive about incest. If you're referring to homosexuality, the premise of this thread refers to gender, not sexuality.
If you need someone to help you figure out how to turn on your computer, ask a non-democrat.

What do the Druggans or whatever the fuck their name is think about this? Isn't that the 2 biggest things in the world right now: SSM and the Druggards

What's to celebrate?

How did you manage to figure out how to turn a computer on, if you don't know the difference between "gay" and "incest"?
First off, gay means happy and festive and there is noting happy or festive about incest. If you're referring to homosexuality, the premise of this thread refers to gender, not sexuality.
If you need someone to help you figure out how to turn on your computer, ask a non-democrat.

So you're going with the "act too stupid to understand" plan.
Know your strengths I guess.

Once chimps get their legal rights, gays can marry other monkeys.
Chimps and monkeys are separate species. But that actually apploe
What's to celebrate?

How about you reply to my post with a relevant reply?

What's to celebrate?

Tried that first. You went with "play the role of Dumbfuck".

And by the way -- Bravo. You got the part.

What's to celebrate?

Tried that first. You went with "play the role of Dumbfuck".

And by the way -- Bravo. You got the part.
No, I made a pointed response and you've gone gutter.

What's to celebrate?
This is unsurprisingly ignorant and wrong, in addition to being a ridiculous lie.
As I pointed out to another hard head, the ruling is about no gender distinction. So anything goes. Mom and daughter, dad and son, sister and sister, etc.

Forum List

Back