RP: Real Unemployment rate is at 22.8%

Another thread by the Super PAC "Americans Betting Against America".

If things are so shitty today, than let me ask you this: Would you rather be living in October 2008 or October 2012.

Case closed. I never want to have to go back and relive those months 4 years ago. It was awful for a lot of us. 800k jobs we were losing every month, brought to us by Americans Betting Against America.

I'd prefer to move forward from those dark days, even if some folks here believe it was better then.

But... but...

Obama was in the Senate in Oct. 2008 and did NOTHING to stop it! Its ALL HIS FAULT!

Unemployment under Obama's first term mirrors unemployment under Reagan's first term.

Reagan started with a 7.5% unemployment rate, it rose to 10.8%, and was over 8% for two plus years.

Then by the time Reagan was seeking reelection, it was at 7.4%

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

Ironically though, Jimmy Carter gets all the blame for handing Reagan job losses that ended up amounting to 10.8% in 1981, but Republicans believe that the 750,000 jobs lost in February '09--Obama's first full month--were due entirely to Obama's "failed policies".

Unemployment under Obama's first term mirrors unemployment under Reagan's first term.

Reagan started with a 7.5% unemployment rate, it rose to 10.8%, and was over 8% for two plus years.

Then by the time Reagan was seeking reelection, it was at 7.4%

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

Ironically though, Jimmy Carter gets all the blame for handing Reagan job losses that ended up amounting to 10.8% in 1981, but Republicans believe that the 750,000 jobs lost in February '09--Obama's first full month--were due entirely to Obama's "failed policies".

Its because Republicans are morons.

As for Ron Paul, I think Bad Lip Reading did some of their best work thanks to him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQlbesF0zA]"Ron Paul"[/ame]

As for Ron Paul, I think Bad Lip Reading did some of their best work thanks to him.

"Ron Paul"

Ron Paul wants to put my wife and I out of work.

You and your wife work at the Federal Reserve?

I'm an astrophysicist and my wife is a homeless advocacy lawyer.

Public science would be on the chopping block if Paul was elected. Legal services, while it isn't entirely funded by government, would take a huge blow.

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who have exhausted their unemployment benefits, and are still out of work?
If they're still looking for work, they're classified as Unemployed. The survey doesn't even ask about Unemployment Insurance. Would you like a link to the survey questions?

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who have completely given up looking for work, and have no hope of finding a decent job?
Not in the Labor Force. Why do you think they should be classified as Unemployed? What will that tell us Objectively about current conditions as opposed to subjective belief? And the number is not large, less than a million in the last year. These people are tracked and are represented in the U4 measurment.

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who are only working part-time because they can't find a full-time job?
Why would you classify someone who is working as Unemployed? These people are tracked, are only about half of the number of Part time for Economic Reasons, and are represented in the U6 measurement.

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people with college degrees who are working at fast food restaurants and other menial jobs, because it's the only work they can find?
How would you propose measuring these people? And again, they have jobs. The 22.8% figure from Shadowstats that Ron Paul is using does not include these people either.

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who are self-employed and who can't make enough money to survive?
How much is "enough to survive," and how would you track these people. And since they are working, why would you classify them as Unemployed?

Of course, I don't expect any actual, thought out responses, but hope springs eternal.

Ron Paul: Real Unemployment Is at 22.8%

I believe it...shit ain't got no better that's for damn sure..seems to be getting worse.
Real unemployment is 7.3%.

Shadow Bullshit Statistics has no credibility. The number of discouraged workers went DOWN last month, contrary to Paul's bullshit.

Bullshit from your link:

Not all of the unemployed are counted in the BLS unemployment numbers. This is no secret. In 1994 government statisticians came up with the term “discouraged worker” to remove entire swaths of people from the unemployment statistic. Now all the government has to do to improve the unemployment numbers is discourage people from looking for a job.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who have exhausted their unemployment benefits, and are still out of work?

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who have completely given up looking for work, and have no hope of finding a decent job?

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who are only working part-time because they can't find a full-time job?

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people with college degrees who are working at fast food restaurants and other menial jobs, because it's the only work they can find?

Why don't you spew your partisan bullshit to the people who are self-employed and who can't make enough money to survive?

NONE of the people mentioned above are calculated into the current "unemployment" formula that the Bureau Of Labor Statistics uses.

The only "shadow bullshit statistics" I see are the statistics provided by the BLA.

I guess you are saying that IF rommnet gets elected, he will use all the above to calculate the REAL UE numbers for his time in office.

Is that what you are saying?

That should work well for him (Romney) don't you think. Kinda like when Obama put all those off the books war funding on his ledger sheet and took the big budget hit.

So mittens will calculate ALL the UE and put them on his UE base rate.

What did you say Mittens would start out with for a UE number; 22%?? Great.

Ron Paul: Real Unemployment Is at 22.8%

I believe it...shit ain't got no better that's for damn sure..seems to be getting worse.

You haven't done the math, then. Try it. Williams at Shadowstats, who came up with the 22.8% number says he's only adding people who have been discouraged > one year to the U6 measurement. The U6 is Unemployed plus Marginally Attached plus Part Time for Economic Reasons divided by Labor Force plus Marginally Attached. (I can give the definitions and individual numbers if you'd like).

The Numerator for the U6 is 23,218,000, the Denominator is 157,579,000
So to figure out how many he's adding, the forumla is (23,218,000+X)/(157,579,000+X)=0.228 and solve for X

Solve for X, tell us what you get, and then compare to Table 38 which breaks down the people not in the Labor Force by desire for work. The number of Discourage over a year should be less than the number of people who want to work but have not looked in over a year.

If you have trouble, let me know.

I hope you'll actually do the math and check the results.

Since 1800 millions have left the labor force and they aren't included in the phony unemployment figures. If those folks were taken into account, unemployment would be 99%. Its fucking Obama's fault that asshole. People die and then they are permanently unemployed thanks alot Obama for bringing mortality to the human race.

Forum List

Back