Royal Navy: Fatal Shooting Onboard a Docked HMS Astute

Blagger

Rookie
Sep 8, 2010
Under your skin.
A Royal Navy crewman has been shot dead and another is in a life-threatening condition after a shooting on board nuclear submarine HMS Astute.

A third Royal Navy serviceman was arrested after police were called to Southampton docks at 1212 BST.

A crew member shot two of his crew mates before being overpowered, it is believed.

The BBC understands that the leader of Southampton City Council Royston Smith helped to disarm the gunman.

Eleven children were on the quayside at the time of the shooting and were due to board the submarine.

"Royal Navy crewman killed in HMS Astute sub shooting" - BBC

A Royal Navy crewman has been shot dead and another is in a life-threatening condition after a shooting on board nuclear submarine HMS Astute.

A third Royal Navy serviceman was arrested after police were called to Southampton docks at 1212 BST.

A crew member shot two of his crew mates before being overpowered, it is believed.

The BBC understands that the leader of Southampton City Council Royston Smith helped to disarm the gunman.

Eleven children were on the quayside at the time of the shooting and were due to board the submarine.

"Royal Navy crewman killed in HMS Astute sub shooting" - BBC

Well if I know Sub sailors, and I do, since I am one. I'd bet everything I have that it was over a woman or theft. And I'm leaning twards theft. Boat thieves are vile scum, and shipmates can get carried away when they catch one. Murder is just to far though.

Forum List

Back