Roy Hallady plane crash last nov. Autopsy says morphine and other drugs

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Good chance he would have made the HOF in 2019 but this won't help. You have to wonder now if he used PEDs while playing. A year or so back he slammed clemens for PED use. 7 times Roy was in the top 5 for CYA voting and 2 of those years he won the award.

Autopsy: Roy Halladay died from blunt force trauma, had morphine in system during plane crash

jan 19 2018 The body of two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay showed evidence of morphine, an amphetamine and the sleeping medication Ambien when it was examined after his fatal plane crash off the coast of Florida in November, according to the autopsy report obtained by USA TODAY Sports on Friday.

The report by the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner’s Office also showed that Halladay's blood alcohol content was .01. The antidepressant fluoxetine (Prozac) was also detected.

Last edited:
Why would you think one is related to the other?

Was he dealing with massive pains from a career in sports? Was he just recreational with his usage? From all I have heard he was a strict mormon who didn't get into any trouble. Who knows how a man acts after the curtains go down, but I think it's a a big assumption that he was using PED's during his career.

• Banned

Was he dealing with massive pains from a career in sports? Was he just recreational with his usage? From all I have heard he was a strict mormon who didn't get into any trouble. Who knows how a man acts after the curtains go down, but I think it's a a big assumption that he was using PED's during his career.

I'm just saying this won't help him make the HOF. Looks like he used some drugs and was not the saint he painted himself as. Nobody likes a hypocrite. That's why steve garvey never made the Hall.

I'm just saying this won't help him make the HOF. Looks like he used some drugs and was not the saint he painted himself as. Nobody likes a hypocrite. That's why steve garvey never made the Hall.

So you think recreational drug use and using PEDS is the same as using prescription medications for medically documented problems are the same thing? Aren't you the one who always says "THINK"?

In what way was Halladay a hypocrite? I’m willing to bet he had valid prescriptions for every drug in his system.

All those years of wear and tear. Halladay retired due to injuries. The Health Industry always seeks a quick fix - pills for everything. I disagree strongly with this approach but it happens.

In what way was Halladay a hypocrite? I’m willing to bet he had valid prescriptions for every drug in his system.

All those years of wear and tear. Halladay retired due to injuries. The Health Industry always seeks a quick fix - pills for everything. I disagree strongly with this approach but it happens.

I am no fan of many thing about modern medicine.

But I am even less a fan of jackasses (like the OP) who pass judgement based on knee-jerk reactions. Try a few weeks of chronic pain, and then tell me about your disappointment that someone used prescription medication.

• Banned
So you think recreational drug use and using PEDS is the same as using prescription medications for medically documented problems are the same thing? Aren't you the one who always says "THINK"?

STFU. Nobody cares what a tranny thinks.

BTW many many losers like you get recreational drugs and PEDS thru prescriptions. THINK

• Banned
[QUOTE="Dragonlady, post: 19106179, member: 41417"

All those years of wear and tear. Halladay retired due to injuries. [/QUOTE]

All the druggies say that. "It's not my fault". I say BS.

STFU. Nobody cares what a tranny thinks.

BTW many many losers like you get recreational drugs and PEDS thru prescriptions. THINK

Irrelevant. Most people don't hear someone was taking prescription pain meds and jump to the conclusion that they were taking PEDs during their professional career.

[QUOTE="Dragonlady, post: 19106179, member: 41417"

All those years of wear and tear. Halladay retired due to injuries.

All the druggies say that. "It's not my fault". I say BS.[/QUOTE]

This is not about the meds he was taking for his sports injuries. This about your claim, based solely on your imagination, that he took PEDs during his career.

I am no fan of many thing about modern medicine.

But I am even less a fan of jackasses (like the OP) who pass judgement based on knee-jerk reactions. Try a few weeks of chronic pain, and then tell me about your disappointment that someone used prescription medication.

I’m not surprised that a retired professional athlete requires pain medication. I’m not disappointed or surprised by this.

Forum List

Back