Roy Blunt (R) Missouri submits a bill to fight Obamas contraception rule

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The way the bill is worded essentially allows any employer to exempt himself from the rule based on "Religious or MORAL" objections.

Now the left have ammunition. This is stupid to the ninth degree. Anyone can claim some bogus moral issue to avoid offering coverage. Why? WHY?!

We had the upper hand and this stupid stunt gives it right back to the left. So fucking stupid. We don't run our country based on individual supposed moral beliefs. We function off of laws and rules.

I just don't get it. This law if passed would open up businesses and insurance companies to a barrage of lawsuits.

The worst thing about this stupid bill is it will turn a religious debate into the very debate the democrats wanted. We don't have the votes to pass this bill, nor should we. So we yet again, like the last round of payroll tax cut debates, so we essentially shot ourselves in the damn foot.

The only way to deal with these issues and mandates is to take it to the people. Win seats on the merits of the debate. THEN change the laws

Mike Huckabee supported the same bill when he was governor. Some Republican states even mandated the church pay. It's only when the black guy does it that it's wrong.

• Banned
Mike Huckabee supported the same bill when he was governor. Some Republican states even mandated the church pay. It's only when the black guy does it that it's wrong.

Get it through your thick skull Dean.

I AM NOT THE GOP. I DON'T MAKE JUDGEMENTS BASED ON COLOR. EVER

Now crawl back in your hole.

The way the bill is worded essentially allows any employer to exempt himself from the rule based on "Religious or MORAL" objections.

Now the left have ammunition. This is stupid to the ninth degree. Anyone can claim some bogus moral issue to avoid offering coverage. Why? WHY?!

We had the upper hand and this stupid stunt gives it right back to the left. So fucking stupid. We don't run our country based on individual supposed moral beliefs. We function off of laws and rules.

I just don't get it. This law if passed would open up businesses and insurance companies to a barrage of lawsuits.

The worst thing about this stupid bill is it will turn a religious debate into the very debate the democrats wanted. We don't have the votes to pass this bill, nor should we. So we yet again, like the last round of payroll tax cut debates, so we essentially shot ourselves in the damn foot.

The only way to deal with these issues and mandates is to take it to the people. Win seats on the merits of the debate. THEN change the laws

Because Blunt is a douche.

• Banned
What Blunt introduced was a stump-speech in an attempt to garner votes.

He may not get mine now. These stupid games may cost us. If they do. I put it on him.

As far as I'm concerned this was a debate worth having and one we could have won. But stunts like this are counter productive. NOTHING could be gained from this bill, NOTHING

So, where was Blunt when Republicans mandated the same contraception rule as Obama's for their states?

The burning of heretics will be back on the menu by October.

This is why debating with some of you is pointless.

Many of you CONSTANTLY say I'm not even handed in my complaints of politicians. I have made numerous threads where I call into question or bitch about the stupid shit my side does. Yet you will gloss it over with some snyde remark and in a week forget about it. Thus its as pointless to talk to you as Blunts bill is to our cause.

The old saying know when to pick a battle and know when to be fucking quiet comes to mind.

Many of you CONSTANTLY say I'm not even handed in my complaints of politicians. I have made numerous threads where I call into question or bitch about the stupid shit my side does. Yet you will gloss it over with some snyde remark and in a week forget about it. Thus its as pointless to talk to you as Blunts bill is to our cause.

The old saying know when to pick a battle and know when to be fucking quiet comes to mind.

I have probably 300 posts seriously debating the contraception issue. I suggest you go read them.

I have probably 300 posts seriously debating the contraception issue. I suggest you go read them.

You missed my point. I'm not surprised.

I have no desire to delve into your unhealthy obsession.

I see conservatives are avoiding this thread. Mistakes are mistakes. Political miscalculations can be very damaging.

If we can't call out our own we have no business bitching about the other side in my opinion.

Blunt just whacked a hornets nest with a baseball bat instead of smoke.

What is the point of honest debate? Blunt's a douche. What more needs to be said?

Another Family Values conservative that ditched his wife for a lobbyist.

Forum List

Back