Roxio Help

I've had Roxio 7.5 for 2 years with XP (media center) no problems, they do use a lot of processor speed tho...

I never had problems with Roxio when I had XP...then I bought a new laptop with Vista and the Roxio 9 that came with the software bundle never worked...

Also Win 98 programs like Picture Publisher that worked on XP will not work on Vista...

If anyone has XP...STAY with it, or buy an Apple...

I did my first build for my shop PC, I put in XP home, I now how 3 licenses for XPso I'm good for a while. Now if I could just put XP on a new Toshiba laptop I'd have it made...

I've been using Vista for over a year now and I haven't had any problems but then again, I tweaked it to be less intrusive and more tailored for me.

I've been using Vista for over a year now and I haven't had any problems but then again, I tweaked it to be less intrusive and more tailored for me.

My main objection with Vista is that Win 98 programs that were compatible with XP are not compatible with Vista...they will go through the install process, then just not run...

It does appear that Vista is not considered a success from what I've heard and read...

I also bought Office 2007 and I hate it...I was very familiar with previous Office versions. But they changed everything around and it takes complete relearning ...

My main objection with Vista is that Win 98 programs that were compatible with XP are not compatible with Vista...they will go through the install process, then just not run...

It does appear that Vista is not considered a success from what I've heard and read...

I also bought Office 2007 and I hate it...I was very familiar with previous Office versions. But they changed everything around and it takes complete relearning ...

You would have thought Microsoft would have known about proactive interference, changing something too radically makes it difficult to learn because previous knowledge gets in the way of the new knowledge. Too many big changes will do that.

I think Vista was designed towards professional IT guys. The average user would find it hard to tweak it but it wasn't for me.

What 98 programs is so fantastic that you would want to keep?

I have a few games that was spoken that would not run on Vista at all being (Neverwinter Nights and Black and White) however it didn't take me long to get them to work properly on Vista and I have every expansion for these two games. They run very smooth on Vista.

As far as Office 2007 yes they put a new face on it but once you take a few hours or less checking it out, it really isn't much difference but rather I think is better.

There are people out there that just love to take apart Microsoft and yeah they have put out some bad things, but Vista has gotten a bad reputation where its not warranted in this case.

I think Vista was designed towards professional IT guys. The average user would find it hard to tweak it but it wasn't for me.

What 98 programs is so fantastic that you would want to keep?

I have a few games that was spoken that would not run on Vista at all being (Neverwinter Nights and Black and White) however it didn't take me long to get them to work properly on Vista and I have every expansion for these two games. They run very smooth on Vista.

As far as Office 2007 yes they put a new face on it but once you take a few hours or less checking it out, it really isn't much difference but rather I think is better.

There are people out there that just love to take apart Microsoft and yeah they have put out some bad things, but Vista has gotten a bad reputation where its not warranted in this case.

Well, most users are not pro IT guys, so Vista deserves it's bad reputation. I am more IT literate than many, being the son of an electrical engineer that started our family out on a TI-99 with assembly language then a Zenith, Zeos...etc. etc...

My dad hated Windows 3.1; too much of a shell program in his opinion and used up way to many resources...he was a DOS guy... he didn't live long enough to see Win 98, but DOS has been almost removed now...

Win 98 programs...I had some video editing programs but the one that I miss and was pretty proficient at was Picture Publisher...

Examples...I burned Greatest Hits CD's for my best man and former band member and made my own covers...

tn

tn

tn

tn

tn

tn

You would have thought Microsoft would have known about proactive interference, changing something too radically makes it difficult to learn because previous knowledge gets in the way of the new knowledge. Too many big changes will do that.

I agree, it might be easier if I never had Word or Excel...I knew how to use the earlier versions...I miss the drop down menus....

Forum List

Back