Rowling names last Potter Book!

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
Rowling names last Potter book

British author JK Rowling has announced that the seventh and final book in her wizard saga will be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
But fans of the series, which has already sold an estimated 300 million copies worldwide, have been kept guessing - the publication date has not been set.

The intriguing and ominous title had Potter aficionados puzzling over what might happen to the bespectacled hero.

"Will a favourite character die? Could Harry himself face a grisly demise? How will it all end?" asked Sam Harrison, children's buyer at the British bookchain Waterstone's.

"But surely the question all Potter fans will want answering as soon as possible is - when can they get their hands on a copy?" he said.

Rowling, whose creation has turned her into one of the world's richest and most successful authors, revealed on her website this week, "I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more."

"I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will)."

She said in the diary entry on her official website (www.jkrowling.com) that Potter had now inveigled his way into her dreams.

"For years now, people have asked me whether I ever dream that I am 'in' Harry's world," Rowling wrote.

"The answer was 'no' until a few nights ago when I had an epic dream in which I was, simultaneously, Harry and the narrator."

But she gave no clues as to what will happen at the end of the upcoming book, amid speculation that some of the characters, possibly Harry himself, will die.

- Reuters

New Topics

Forum List

Back