Rove "Proud" US Tortured Detainees

And again, if waterboarding was so perfectly fine, legal, and useful, why the the Bush administration stop the practice in 2004?
Where's the prosecutions?

You've got great Olberdork, Madcow talking points, nothing more!

And you have no clue what tecniques are being used nowadays. And that's the way it should be!

I guarantee, tecniques are being used. Tecniques that all you bleeding hearts would be going stark raving bonkers over.

If you think we're just treating those dirtbags with kid gloves nowadays, you're friggin' crazy!

And you can damn sure bet Obama knows about it. Like I said, there's things the american public doesn't need to know!

It's always been that way, and always will be.

We haven't tortured so, your argument is completely moot.

Let's just hope that it's all you bleeding heart lil' sympathizers who are running down the streets with your asses on fire the next time they pull off an attack. And they will pull off another attack. It's inevitable.

"We haven't tortured."

I don't think you have any supporting evidence to back up that statement. We have prosecuted the act at home and abroad.

Bleeding heart? Uh, no.

You didn't answer the question.

So, does understanding more about your enemy justify torture?
We haven't tortured.

That's the second time I answered your question.

I went through S.E.A.R... It's uncomfortable as all hell, certainly not torture. I have no problem with the CIA making those who want to kill my fellow americans feel uncomfortable. No problem whatsoever.

What we prosecuted was TORTURE. The tecniques involved are night and day. If you educate yourself, you'll see that's true.

Fuck that image garbage. Our enemy doesn't give a shit about image. They want to cut YOUR head off regardless of image.

But, the bottom line is, we haven't tortured hence, nobody's being tried for torture. Facts are facts!

Just because you say it isn't torture does not make it so.

They exceeded the SEAR training.

The techniques are not night and day. You obviously have not read what we did.

Again, if it was not a problem and so productive why did we stop doing it in 2004???????????

The CIA Inspector General obviously disagrees with you. And I dare say he might have a bit more info on the subject.

Last edited:
And again, if waterboarding was so perfectly fine, legal, and useful, why the the Bush administration stop the practice in 2004?

And you have no clue what tecniques are being used nowadays. And that's the way it should be!

I guarantee, tecniques are being used. Tecniques that all you bleeding hearts would be going stark raving bonkers over.

If you think we're just treating those dirtbags with kid gloves nowadays, you're friggin' crazy!

And you can damn sure bet Obama knows about it. Like I said, there's things the american public doesn't need to know!

I see what you are typing, but you aren't saying anything.

Why did they stop waterboarding in 2004?

When a bomb goes off in your backyard you'll be whining "why didn't we do enough to stop this?"

Move on.... I personally don't give a fuck if they waterboard them or not. If it works.. then waterboard the hell outta them.

Here's an idea... Stop trying to blow shit up everywhere and this will become a non-issue.

Goodbye.

You personally have evidence that they in fact did stop in 2004?

Exactly!

And if they did stop, it was only replaced with other tecniques.

These lib's are so naive, it's laughable.

Yes.

Cheney Lost to Bush

President Obama and Dick Cheney conspired on Thursday to propagate a myth. The myth is that we lived through an eight-year period of Bush-Cheney anti-terror policy and now we have entered a very different period called the Obama-Biden anti-terror policy. As both Obama and Cheney understand, this is a completely bogus distortion of history.

Cheney and Obama might pretend otherwise, but it wasn’t the Obama administration that halted the practice of waterboarding. It was a succession of C.I.A. directors starting in March 2003, even before a devastating report by the C.I.A. inspector general in 2004.

When Cheney lambastes the change in security policy, he’s not really attacking the Obama administration. He’s attacking the Bush administration. In his speech on Thursday, he repeated in public a lot of the same arguments he had been making within the Bush White House as the policy decisions went more and more the other way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/opinion/22brooks.html

Exactly!

And if they did stop, it was only replaced with other tecniques.

These lib's are so naive, it's laughable.

I'm not naive in the least. Other more effective techniques that don't constitute torture.

You just can't admit you are wrong.

Yes.

Cheney Lost to Bush

President Obama and Dick Cheney conspired on Thursday to propagate a myth. The myth is that we lived through an eight-year period of Bush-Cheney anti-terror policy and now we have entered a very different period called the Obama-Biden anti-terror policy. As both Obama and Cheney understand, this is a completely bogus distortion of history.

Cheney and Obama might pretend otherwise, but it wasn’t the Obama administration that halted the practice of waterboarding. It was a succession of C.I.A. directors starting in March 2003, even before a devastating report by the C.I.A. inspector general in 2004.

When Cheney lambastes the change in security policy, he’s not really attacking the Obama administration. He’s attacking the Bush administration. In his speech on Thursday, he repeated in public a lot of the same arguments he had been making within the Bush White House as the policy decisions went more and more the other way.

Throwing up bullshit from the NY Times lends zero credibility.

Christ, you may as well just throw up BS from Huffpost, Dailykos, or whatever left wing BS sites you get your misinformation from.

The controversial interrogation technique known as waterboarding, in which a suspect has water poured over his mouth and nose to stimulate a drowning reflex, has been banned by CIA director Gen. Michael Hayden, current and former CIA officials tell ABCNews.com

The officials say Hayden made the decision at the recommendation of his deputy, Steve Kappes, and received approval from the White House to remove waterboarding from the list of approved interrogation techniques first authorized by a presidential finding in 2002.

The officials say the decision was made sometime last year but has never been publicly disclosed.

:)

Yes.

Cheney Lost to Bush

Throwing up bullshit from the NY Times lends zero credibility.

Christ, you may as well just throw up BS from Huffpost, Dailykos, or whatever left wing BS sites you get your misinformation from.

It is all available online. I simply gave you the quickest response.

What you call bullshit is true. The practice was stopped in 2004.

Attacking the source because you don;t agree with the facts is a weak argument.

We stopped waterboarding in 2004. It is in many de-classified CIA documents.

Google is your friend. Don't be so lazy.

The controversial interrogation technique known as waterboarding, in which a suspect has water poured over his mouth and nose to stimulate a drowning reflex, has been banned by CIA director Gen. Michael Hayden, current and former CIA officials tell ABCNews.com

The officials say Hayden made the decision at the recommendation of his deputy, Steve Kappes, and received approval from the White House to remove waterboarding from the list of approved interrogation techniques first authorized by a presidential finding in 2002.

The officials say the decision was made sometime last year but has never been publicly disclosed.

No mention of torture whatsoever.

No ones been fired, no ones been prosecuted.

What they did was simply change tecniques to appease the bleeding hearts.

We are still using enhanced interrogation, and if you think otherwise, than yes, you are seriously naive!

But the fact of the matter is, we never tortured!

Now, the Japs and Pol Pot?...... they tortured!

No mention of torture whatsoever.

No ones been fired, no ones been prosecuted.

What they did was simply change tecniques to appease the bleeding hearts.

We are still using enhanced interrogation, and if you think otherwise, than yes, you are seriously naive!

But the fact of the matter is, we never tortured!

Now, the Japs and Pol Pot?...... they tortured!

You are giving opinion, nothing more.

The fact remains we stopped doing it because it was torture. Like I said we have prosectued this act at home and abroad. To continue to defend it on the basis of it not being torture is pointless. You are wrong.
'
You may think the ends justified the means, but that is another discussion.

The CIA inspector general in 2004 found that there was no conclusive proof that waterboarding or other harsh interrogation techniques helped the Bush administration thwart any "specific imminent attacks," according to recently declassified Justice Department memos.

Helgerson also concluded that waterboarding was riskier than officials claimed and reported that the CIA's Office of Medical Services thought that the risk to the health of some prisoners outweighed any potential intelligence benefit, according to the memos.

Read more: CIA official: No proof harsh techniques stopped terror attacks | McClatchy

And from your own link:

"Nevertheless, Bradbury concluded in his May 2005 memos that the program had been effective; that conclusion relied largely on memos written after the still secrert report by Inspector General John Helgerson."

So the rest of this report is still classified.....Just makes ya wonder if the program was effective what does the rest of the report say? SO there goes that link out the window.....

FBI: Interrogation tactics might be illegal

WASHINGTON (AP) — FBI Director Robert Mueller on Wednesday recalled warning the Justice Department and the Pentagon that some U.S. interrogation methods used against terrorists might be inappropriate, if not illegal.

FBI protocol "wouldn't engage in torture," said Rep. Stephen Cohen, D-Tenn. "But if you find out that other agencies may engage in torture, that you believe is illegal — does your protocol include informing those agencies that you believe their actions are illegal?"

"Yes," Mueller answered.

"Who did you inform?" Cohen asked.

"At points in time, we have reached out to DoD, DoJ, in terms of activity that we were concerned might not be appropriate, let me put it that way," Mueller said. DoD refers to the Department of Defense and DoJ to the Department of Justice.

Mueller said some of the FBI's concerns dated back to 2002, when top al-Qaeda detainees were waterboarded by CIA interrogators.

FBI: Interrogation tactics might be illegal - USATODAY.com

Good thing the FBI had nothing to do with it.......

I already showed this numerous times.

http://luxmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o10/clients/aclu/olc_05302005_bradbury.pdf

This is a CIA memo the justice department. It was declassified by Obama.

It shows that all measures short of waterboarding failed to get the 3 arch terrorists to talk.

When asked about futher terrorist attacks, they simply responded "soon you will know".

After being waterboarding they revealed information that:

1. Thwarted a terrorist attack to crash a plane into a LA building
  2. Stopped a terrorist attack to build and explode a "dirty bomb" in Washington D.C.
  3. Half of all the information about Al Qaida came from this.

The waterboarding done to the terrorists was milder than the waterboarding done to some of the CIA personnel during their training.

In the training the subject is:

Totally immersed in water

The water is below 41 degrees F

With the arch terrorists

They were splashed with water

It was always above 41 degrees F

Yes, it's means to be very unpleasant.

Also, there were medical doctors who ascertained befor hand that no phyiscial or mental severe suffering would occur, and they were monitored during the whole process.

In fact, some waterboardings were not allowed because of the medical personnel's conclusions.

All it takes is a very simple search:

Why al-Qaida's plot to bomb L.A.'s Library Tower didn't warrant torture. - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

The first reason to be skeptical that this planned attack could have been carried out successfully is that, as I've noted before, attacking buildings by flying planes into them didn't remain a viable al-Qaida strategy even through Sept. 11, 2001. Thanks to cell phones, passengers on United Flight 93 were able to learn that al-Qaida was using planes as missiles and crashed the plane before it could hit its target. There was no way future passengers on any flight would let a terrorist who killed the pilot and took the controls fly wherever he pleased.

A subsequent fact sheet released by the Bush White House states, "In 2002, we broke up [italics mine] a plot by KSM to hijack an airplane and fly it into the tallest building on the West Coast." These two statements make clear that however far the plot to attack the Library Tower ever got—an unnamed senior FBI official would later tell the Los Angeles Times that Bush's characterization of it as a "disrupted plot" was "ludicrous"—that plot was foiled in 2002. But Sheikh Mohammed wasn't captured until March 2003.

-------------------------------------------

Bush and the Republicans. The party of deception, lies and greed.

I already showed this numerous times.

http://luxmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o10/clients/aclu/olc_05302005_bradbury.pdf

This is a CIA memo the justice department. It was declassified by Obama.

It shows that all measures short of waterboarding failed to get the 3 arch terrorists to talk.

When asked about futher terrorist attacks, they simply responded "soon you will know".

After being waterboarding they revealed information that:

1. Thwarted a terrorist attack to crash a plane into a LA building
  2. Stopped a terrorist attack to build and explode a "dirty bomb" in Washington D.C.
  3. Half of all the information about Al Qaida came from this.

The waterboarding done to the terrorists was milder than the waterboarding done to some of the CIA personnel during their training.

In the training the subject is:

Totally immersed in water

The water is below 41 degrees F

With the arch terrorists

They were splashed with water

It was always above 41 degrees F

Yes, it's means to be very unpleasant.

Also, there were medical doctors who ascertained befor hand that no phyiscial or mental severe suffering would occur, and they were monitored during the whole process.

In fact, some waterboardings were not allowed because of the medical personnel's conclusions.

All it takes is a very simple search:

Why al-Qaida's plot to bomb L.A.'s Library Tower didn't warrant torture. - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

The first reason to be skeptical that this planned attack could have been carried out successfully is that, as I've noted before, attacking buildings by flying planes into them didn't remain a viable al-Qaida strategy even through Sept. 11, 2001. Thanks to cell phones, passengers on United Flight 93 were able to learn that al-Qaida was using planes as missiles and crashed the plane before it could hit its target. There was no way future passengers on any flight would let a terrorist who killed the pilot and took the controls fly wherever he pleased.

A subsequent fact sheet released by the Bush White House states, "In 2002, we broke up [italics mine] a plot by KSM to hijack an airplane and fly it into the tallest building on the West Coast." These two statements make clear that however far the plot to attack the Library Tower ever got—an unnamed senior FBI official would later tell the Los Angeles Times that Bush's characterization of it as a "disrupted plot" was "ludicrous"—that plot was foiled in 2002. But Sheikh Mohammed wasn't captured until March 2003.

-------------------------------------------

Bush and the Republicans. The party of deception, lies and greed.

What possible relevance does this editoral have?

I posted the Obama declassified CIA/Justice Department memo.

This guys fairy tales have nothing to do with the issue.

Also what an unnamed FBI person thinks doesn't matter, since this was handled by the CIA.

Last edited:
No wonder the lefties are so confused, they rely on their left wing blogs for their facts, and we rely on the actual documentation from the agencies that directly handled these affairs.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back