Rove defies subpoena

ah yes the old fishing expedition, based on, or meant to circumvent powers regularly exercised by c in c's left right and center for political gain.

Rove ignores subpoena, refuses to testify - Yahoo! News

I say throw his fat butt in jail and let him become someone's cell princess.

I'd love to see Rove in prison, but I think I understand his legal argument as it regards executive privilege.

IF presidential advisors do not think that what they say to the POTUS is private and confidential, then they aren't likely to be as open and honest with the POTUS.

I suspect that makes me (per usual) somewhat out of align with the thinking of the SCOTUS

"We are unaware of any proper legal basis for Mr. Rove's refusal to even appear today as required by the subpoena," Sanchez said Thursday morning when Rove failed to show up. "The courts have made clear that no one -- not even the president -- is immune from compulsory process. That is what the Supreme Court rules in U.S. v. Nixon and Clinton v. Jones."

The separation of the three branches of government makes for some thorny legal issues.

This case is a damned good example of that.

Isn't this cooked up to give the democrats something to talk about while obama defies the subpena in Solyandra?

WTF are you even talking about?

Why does he need to talk about anything? Its OK for the WH to ignore Congressional subpoenas. Bush did it. Heck people who just WORK for Bush did it.

Rove ignores subpoena, refuses to testify - Yahoo! News

I say throw his fat butt in jail and let him become someone's cell princess.

Who Fokin cares?

The WH was subpoena for fast and furious and they arrogantly ignored it. So how does your lame ass comparison relate to fast and furious.

You and your left turd buds paid more attention to Cain and not to Obama, the economy, jobs, ME, china and russia cyber attack us daily....where is your outrage??????
Why is the kenyan transplant only acting now...can you say election yr with pathetic result.

This is the 2nd time old threads have been revisited by the OP and it shows the hypocrisy of both parties.

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnn........................

How does it show the hypocrisy of BOTH parties? President Bush asserted he had the power to ignore Congressional subpoena. The Democrats did not agree but ultimately Bush WON that battle, setting the precedent that Presidents may ignore Congressional subpoena. Now the President has that power - whichever party he is in. When the President sets a precedent for future Presidents, it applies to ALL future Presidents, not just the ones in his party! Its now a power that any President can use, until and if a different precedent is set or courts rule otherwise.

The only hypocrites are the Republicans, who elected a President who set the precedent - and NOW they wanna take it back! Sorry righties, NO FUCKING TAKE BACKS.

The assertion that the Democrats are hypocritical in any way because of this is ridiculous. If you're playing monopoly, and the player 1 lands on "free parking" and claims under the house rules they now own the jackpot - but player 2 claims that is not the case because they never agree to the free parking jackpot rule - and ultimately the dispute is resolved in favor player 1 - dose that make player 2 a hypocrite for claiming the jackpot when landing on free parking? A: NO

THE REPUBLICANS CLEARLY DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN THE DEMOCRATS PLAY BY THE RULES THE REPUBLICANS THEMSELVES LAID DOWN.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back