Route 66 Nationals - Joliet, IL

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Did anybody go to the Route 66 Nationals at Joliet, IL on June 7th? I went. Had a great time. If you went, how did you like the race? It was much better after the rain! Here is one of the photos I took at the race.:clap2:

Attachments

• $Route_66_nationals (396) - Copy.JPG
    $Route_66_nationals (396) - Copy.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 94
Did anybody go to the Route 66 Nationals at Joliet, IL on June 7th? I went. Had a great time. If you went, how did you like the race? It was much better after the rain! Here is one of the photos I took at the race.:clap2:
Another Drag Racing fan! Woo hoo! Great pic, post some more if you have em'. I grew up in Southern California, went to all the So Cal tracks during the 70's: Terminal Island, Orange County, Lions Drag Strip and of course Pomona.

My wife and I are going to Las Vegas in October so I'm gonna' check out the Friday night qual session at "The Strip". Nothing better than 10 foot high header flames!

Last edited:
MadScientist - Yep. I'm a drag race fan. I haven't been to a race in quite some time but in my younger days I used to work at the drag strip in Suffolk, VA. Knew all the big names back then. Was lucky enough to meet them all as they worked their way through our track while match racing the circuits. I tried to send you a private message but was unable to do so. You can see 35 of the over 250 photos I took at the race by going to my pBase site. Type in NHRA, Drag Racing, or Auto Racing and it should take you to the area. I am sure you can figure it out from there. I'd post my pBase web address here but it might not be so smart to do that. Enjoy the photos...

That's where the penitentiary is, right? ;)
Terminal Island? LOL! Actually it's in Long Beach but I'd bet there are just as many criminals there!
MadScientist - Yep. I'm a drag race fan. I haven't been to a race in quite some time but in my younger days I used to work at the drag strip in Suffolk, VA. Knew all the big names back then. Was lucky enough to meet them all as they worked their way through our track while match racing the circuits. I tried to send you a private message but was unable to do so. You can see 35 of the over 250 photos I took at the race by going to my pBase site. Type in NHRA, Drag Racing, or Auto Racing and it should take you to the area. I am sure you can figure it out from there. I'd post my pBase web address here but it might not be so smart to do that. Enjoy the photos...
Suffolk VA? I'm hoping to get down there this October and check out the friday night quals.

Check yer' PM's.

Forum List

Back