Rossignol

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
The french society, ROSSIGNOL, who makes ski and snow sports materials, has just been bought by the US company QUIKSILVER.

Since 1972, Rossignol was the world #1 in the ski, and today, 1/3 of the ski sold in the world are Rossignol.

This operation cost to Quiksilver more than 350,000 millions of euros (about 500,000 dollars i believe).

After SALOMON, Rossignol is bought, and then the 2 giant french snowsports companies are bought.

Laurent Boix-Vives, the Boss of Rossignol, explained that he sold the company because his family did'nt want to take back it, so, he sales it, "for the continuation of the company's activities", he says.

Rossignol will bring to Quiksilver it technic and ski science.

padisha emperor said:
The french society, ROSSIGNOL, who makes ski and snow sports materials, has just been bought by the US company QUIKSILVER.

Since 1972, Rossignol was the world #1 in the ski, and today, 1/3 of the ski sold in the world are Rossignol.

This operation cost to Quiksilver more than 350,000 millions of euros (about 500,000 dollars i believe).

After SALOMON, Rossignol is bought, and then the 2 giant french snowsports companies are bought.

Laurent Boix-Vives, the Boss of Rossignol, explained that he sold the company because his family did'nt want to take back it, so, he sales it, "for the continuation of the company's activities", he says.

Rossignol will bring to Quiksilver it technic and ski science.

cool--I used to have some--maybe it'll be easier to get parts

I have Voikes myself, but Rossignol makes some damn nice skis. I "demo'd" some Rossi fat-boys after a fresh snow up at Snowbird over Christmas.

Not too many choices when it comes to skis. Almost all of the quality skis are made in Europe.

I'm quite disappointed that a big french company is buy by an other, foreign, but in fact, it would be certainly good for people : Skis would be maybe cheaper than now, quiksilver makes a lot of money, so, the prices would maybe be down.

I had rossignol skis, they were really good.

Now I have Dynastar, good too.

Forum List

Back