Rosie's Conspiracy Theories

I AGree :)

#14 04-04-2007, 07:24 AM
A princess Posts: 892
Rep Points 1120

well first of all I am not pretending to believe any of these idiots in Hollywood who run there mouths. We as a nation should be ashamed of ourselves for watching the news and for giving any credit to this noise in the first place.
I would have rather said STFU Rosie but I was being nice and who'd listen in the first place?

...mirraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.”
Apparently there is no such thing as a foundry. And what does a foundry do?

It melts steel.

Using fire.

As for all the conspiracy theories about the planes, there are two things wrong with all of them.

1. Every conspiracy theory I've ever read about 9/11 assumes that hundreds or thousands of people conspired together to make it happen. I would challenge anyone to come up with a single example where a coverup of that magnitude was ever kept a secret. People talk about those things. They tell their wives or they get drunk and brag about it to their buddies. If the WTC was brought down by explosives, then why haven't we seen a single person come forward to admit planting them? If American Airlines Flight 77 didn't crash into the Pentagon, then where did its 59 passengers go?
  2. People point triumphantly at the lack of large identifiable jet plane parts at the Pentagon crash site as "proof" that something other than Flight 77 hit the building. Well, there was airplane debris at the crash site - it's just not easily visible in most of the pictures. And besides that, the Pentagon's walls are made of very thick reinforced concrete. What happens when a plane crashes into a thick concrete wall at 500 miles per hour? This is what happens. It's a picture of an F-4 Phantom II fighter jet crashing into a concrete wall at 500 mph. There's a link to the Sandia Laboratories video gallery where you can download some videos. Or there's this video with narration that shows the crash from several viewpoints. The bottom line is that when a plane hits a concrete wall going that fast, you won't find large pieces of it lying around.
So next time someone starts throwing out these conspiracy theories, we should all be able to show why they aren't factual.

Nobody cares what rosie says. She is hardley someone who uses intellect to form opinions. She just wants to be loud, and she wants everyone to pay attention. Even if there was a coverup, its a waste of time to try and prove anything that goes in the category of government conspiracy. Everything that happend on 9-11 was physically possible.

I really would have done anything to stop those terrorists though. Who just lets planes go through buildings? The passengers outnumberd these guys by at least a 100 people, and they just sat there to die. Stand up and fight, for crying out loud. I know im not going down without a fight.

I really would have done anything to stop those terrorists though. Who just lets planes go through buildings?

At first I thought you were talking about the government (which I of course would agree with) but then after reading this:

The passengers outnumberd these guys by at least a 100 people, and they just sat there to die. Stand up and fight, for crying out loud. I know im not going down without a fight.

You don't know what exactly happened in those plans or what was going on. You also don't know how you would react in such a circumstance. It's easy for us to sit in judge from the comfort of our desks, 6 years after the fact.

Nobody cares what rosie says. She is hardley someone who uses intellect to form opinions. She just wants to be loud, and she wants everyone to pay attention. Even if there was a coverup, its a waste of time to try and prove anything that goes in the category of government conspiracy. Everything that happend on 9-11 was physically possible.

Rosie is a nut. No conspiracy as far as I'm concerned, except the conspiracy acted upon by the terrorists.

I really would have done anything to stop those terrorists though. Who just lets planes go through buildings? The passengers outnumberd these guys by at least a 100 people, and they just sat there to die. Stand up and fight, for crying out loud. I know im not going down without a fight.

My guess is that this might not have been true six years ago. We as travelers were much more naive back then. My guess is that the passengers were assured that everything would be fine when certain demands were met, they would all be released, don't try anything, we have a bomb. Just a guess mind you. The passengers on Flight 93 had an advantage, they had been in contact with loved ones who told them what had been happening elsewhere. They were able to do something.

Today, six years later, I think it is safe to say that most of us would react differently if faced with similar circumstances.

Rosie isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

As for the passengers on the 9/11 planes not standing up, there had never been an instance where a plane was hijacked and used as a missile prior to the attacks. Before that, when people were hijacked, the plane was brought elsewhere and landed while the hijackers made whatever demands they had. There was no cultural reference point for what happened to these people.

As for the passengers on the 9/11 planes not standing up, there had never been an instance where a plane was hijacked and used as a missile prior to the attacks. Before that, when people were hijacked, the plane was brought elsewhere and landed while the hijackers made whatever demands they had. There was no cultural reference point for what happened to these people.

True, I guess it is easy to say I would have done something, 6 years later.

Be honest though guys, if there was a chance to shoot down these planes, would you have shot them down after knowing what happend to the first building? Even before that, would you have grounded all planes upon getting word that the first plane went off course and was hijacked?

At first I thought you were talking about the government (which I of course would agree with) but then after reading this:

You don't know what exactly happened in those plans or what was going on. You also don't know how you would react in such a circumstance. It's easy for us to sit in judge from the comfort of our desks, 6 years after the fact.

My appologiez, the first statement was about the government. The second was about the passengers.

True, I guess it is easy to say I would have done something, 6 years later.

Be honest though guys, if there was a chance to shoot down these planes, would you have shot them down after knowing what happend to the first building? Even before that, would you have grounded all planes upon getting word that the first plane went off course and was hijacked?

Honestly, if it were at all possible, I would have had them shot down. Compared to six years ago, I'm guessing that it takes less time to scramble jets capable of doing this than it used to be. As for grounding them at the first sign of a plane going off course, that would require an amazing leap of conjecture. One plane off course does not necessarily mean anything and grounding all planes based that would have been unfounded. Even then, grounding all planes, which eventually happened, would have had no effect on the four planes already hijacked. It's not like the hijackers were going to obey the commands from the air traffic controllers. Again, I'd have to guess that, six years later, there are different protocals applied to this sort of circumstance. At least I hope so.

Rosie is the perfect spokesperson for the Dems. Her and Howie Dean are like to nuts in a shell

I would not be surprised if ABC made her one of their politcal analyst. Hell ABC made George Steohanopoulos a host of his own liberal talk show

I work in the Test and Evaluation world and IMO if those events on 9/11 didn't happen and it was a magic trick and those building just fell down then a great trick. I don't think it happen by accident and I believe it was a planned event. Well the temperture alone would have destroyed alot if not all of the evidence from those aircraft, that is pressure, heat and weight. I can't speak on the Pentagon but it was very hot and with large amount of jet fuel it would have help with the break down of metals in that crash.
I've seen a smoking hole from a aircraft mishap and unlike those where you'll
find debris the 9/11 deal was truly different.

I'm not a scientist and this situation that I know of has never been tested

and I know in my test procedures we haven't tested the theory of hitting a building and seeing its overall impact. If the so called terrorist didn't do it then it must be a campaign against the middle east and we wanted a war. My point is this Rosie should take her mouth off air and raise these concerns in private instead of making a fuss on TV.

K. Dewdney, PhD – Professor Emeritus, Department of Computer Science, University of Western Ontario. Author of Scientific American's "Computer Recreations" and "Mathematical Recreations" section, 1984 - 1993. Author of over 80 scientific papers on mathematics, computer science, engineering, astronomy and biology. Author of numerous books on science and mathematics, including: Beyond Reason: Eight Great Problems That Reveal the Limits of Science (2004), A Mathematical Mystery Tour: Discovering the Truth and Beauty of the Cosmos (2001), Yes, We Have No Neutrons: An Eye-Opening Tour through the Twists and Turns of Bad Science (1997), 200% of Nothing: An Eye Opening Tour Through the Twists and Turns of Math Abuse and Innumeracy (1996), The New Turing Omnibus: Sixty-Six Excursions in Computer Science (1993).

Essay : "[T]he debris found outside the Pentagon is inconsistent with the impact of a Boeing 757 or any aircraft of comparable dimensions. In particular, in the absence of some agency (possibly unknown to physical science) that removed the wings, there is no way to avoid the conclusion that the wings (and therefore the aircraft) were never present in the first place. In this case, no Boeing 757 struck the Pentagon building on the morning of September 11, 2001." http://www.physics911.net

Member: Scientific Panel Investigating Nine-Eleven Association Statement: "We have found solid scientific grounds on which to question the interpretation put upon the events of September 11, 2001 by the Office of the President of the United States of America and subsequently propagated by the major media of western nations."

Member:Scholars for 9/11 Truth Association Statement: "Research proves the current administration has been dishonest about what happened in New York and Washington, D.C. The World Trade Center was almost certainly brought down by controlled demolitions and that the available relevant evidence casts grave doubt on the government's official story about the attack on the Pentagon."

Bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._K._Dewdney
CV: http://www.csd.uwo.ca/faculty/akd/PERSONAL/hp.html

David L. Griscom, PhD

David L. Griscom, PhD – Research physicist, retired in 2001 from Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC, after 33 years service. Fellow of the American Physical Society. Fulbright-García Robles Fellow at Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México in Mexico City (1997). Visiting professorships of research at the Universities of Paris and Saint-Etienne, France, and Tokyo Institute of Technology (2000 - 2003). Adjunct Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Arizona (2004 - 2005).

Winner of the 1993 N.F. Mott Award sponsored by the Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, the 1995 Otto Schott Award offered by the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung (Germany), a 1996 Outstanding Graduate School Alumnus Award at Brown University, and the 1997 Sigma Xi Pure Science Award at NRL. Principal author of 109 of his 185 published works, a body of work which is highly cited by his peers. Officially credited with largest number of papers (5) by any author on list of 100 most cited articles authored at NRL between 1973 and 1988.

Personal blog 2/9/07: "David Ray Griffin has web-published a splendid, highly footnoted account of The Destruction of the World Trade Center: Why the Official Account Cannot Be True: This scholarly work, rich in eyewitness accounts, includes 11 separate pieces of evidence that the World Trade Center towers 1, 2 [each 1300+ feet tall, 110 stories] and 7 [570 feet tall, 47 stories, and not hit by an airplane] were brought down by explosives.

... I implore my fellow physicists and engineers who may have the time, expertise, and (ideally) supercomputer access to get to work on the physics of the World Trade Center collapses and publish their findings in refereed journals like, say, the Journal of Applied Physics.

The issue of knowing who was really behind the 9/11 attacks is of paramount importance to the future of our country, because the “official” assumption that it was the work of 19 Arab amateurs (1) does not match the available facts and (2) has led directly to the deplorable Patriot Act, the illegal Iraq war, NSA spying on ordinary Americans, repudiation of the Geneva Conventions, and the repeal of habeas corpus (a fundamental point of law that has been with us since the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215).

Surely these Orwellian consequences of public ignorance constitute more than sufficient motivation for any patriotic American physicist or engineer to join the search for 9/11 Truth!" http://impactglassman

Member: Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice Association Statement: "Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice is a non-partisan organization consisting of independent researchers and activists engaged in uncovering the true nature of the September 11, 2001 attacks."

Bio: http://impactglassman.blogspot.com/

Hugo Bachmann, PhD

Hugo Bachmann, PhD – Professor Emeritus and former Chairman of the Department of Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. Author and co-author of Erdbebenbemessung von Stahlbetonhochbauten (Seismic Analysis of Concrete Reinforced Structures) (1990), Vibration Problems in Structures: Practical Guidelines (1995), Biege- und Schubversuche an teilweise vorgespannten Leichtbetonbalken (Structural Analysis of Linked Concrete Beams) (1998), Hochbau für Ingenieure. Eine Einführung (Structural Construction for Engineers. An introduction) (2001), Erdbebensicherung von Bauwerken (Earthquake-proofing Buildings) (2002).

Tages Anzeiger Article 9/9/06: "In my opinion the building WTC 7 [570 feet tall, 47 stories, and not hit by an airplane] was, with great probability, professionally demolished," says Hugo Bachmann, Emeritus ETH [Swiss Federal Institute of Technology] - Professor of Structural Analysis and Construction. And also Jörg Schneider, likewise emeritus ETH - Professor of Structural Analysis and Construction, interprets the few available video recordings as evidence that "the building WTC 7 was with great probability demolished."
English translation: http://www.danieleganser.ch
Original in German: http://www.danieleganser.ch

Book 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA: "As Bachmann told the Neue Züricher Zeitung Online on September 13, 2001, at first glance there seemed to be two possibilities in the fall of the towers. The first was the fire and its effect on the steel supports. But Bachmann had an alternative: "In the second scenario, an additional terrorist action would have caused the collapse of the buildings. In this way, according to Bachmann, buildings like the World Trade center can be destroyed without great logistical exertion." The article went on to say that "Bachmann could imagine that the perpetrators had installed explosives on key supports in a lower floor before the attack." If the perpetrators had rented office space, then these "explosive tenants" could have calmly placed explosive charges on the vulnerable parts of the building "without having anyone notice." http://www.reopen911.org/Tarpley_ch_6.pdf

Bio: http://www.ibk.ethz.ch/emeritus/Bachmann

Jörg Schneider, Dr hc

Jörg Schneider, Dr hc – Professor Emeritus, Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. Former Vice President and honorary lifetime member of the International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering.

Tages Anzeiger Article 9/9/06: " In my opinion the building WTC 7 [570 feet tall, 47 stories, and not hit by an airplane] was, with great probability, professionally demolished," says Hugo Bachmann, Emeritus ETH-Professor of Structural Analysis and Construction. And also Jörg Schneider, likewise emeritus ETH-Professor of Structural Analysis and Construction, interprets the few available video recordings as evidence that "the building WTC 7 was with great probability demolished."
English translation: http://www.danieleganser.ch
Original in German: http://www.danieleganser.ch

Bio: http://www.iabse.ethz.ch

Jack Keller, PhD, PE

Jack Keller, PhD, PE – Professor Emeritus, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Utah State University. Member, National Academy of Engineering. International advisor on water resources, development and agricultural water use. Serves as an advisor to the CALFED Water Use Efficiency Program and former member CALFED Independent Science Board. Awarded State of Utah Governor's Medal for Science and Technology (1988). Selected by Scientific American magazine as one of the world's 50 leading contributors to science and technology benefiting society (2004).

Member: Scholars for 9/11 Truth Association Statement: "Research proves the current administration has been dishonest about what happened in New York and Washington, D.C. The World Trade Center was almost certainly brought down by controlled demolitions and that the available relevant evidence casts grave doubt on the government's official story about the attack on the Pentagon."

Mike Hawryluk, BA, MAT
No photo available
Mike Hawryluk, BA, MAT – Professor Emeritus of Physics and former Division Chairman, Suffolk County Community College, NY.

Statement to this website 3/30/07: "My wife and I, transfixed in front of a TV as the horror of 9/11 unfolded, watched as the topmost, undamaged floors of the WTC South Tower started to gradually lean (rotate) in the direction of the damage due to impact.

In an instant, the rotation stopped, and that which was rotating began to fall, as if only under the influence of gravity! The fulcrum was no longer there!

I blurted out, "My god, they wired the building."

I haven't been at peace with myself, or the world, since then. I had no idea who the "they" in my utterance was, and to this day still do not. Since learning more about the events leading up, and subsequent to the tragedy, I have become firmly convinced that the conspiracy being sold to the world by the Government, the media, and debunkers is the greatest Red Herring of our time, if not in history. Yes, there is a conspiracy, but to carry out such a massive precise attack and subsequent effective obfuscation of what really happened required and will continue to require active participation of individuals at the highest levels of the government, defense, and intelligence communities, with continued assistance (active and/or passive) from the media. ..." Link to full statement

Member: Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice Association Statement: "Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice is a non-partisan organization consisting of independent researchers and activists engaged in uncovering the true nature of the September 11, 2001 attacks."

Steven Jones, PhD

Steven Jones, PhD – Former Professor of Physics at Brigham Young University. Retired in October 2006 to devote more time to 9/11 research. Principal Investigator for experimental Muon-catalyzed fusion from 1982 to 1991 for the U.S. Department of Energy, Division of Advanced Energy Projects. From 1990 to 1993, Jones researched fusion in condensed matter physics and deuterium, for the U.S. Department of Energy and for the Electric Power Research Institute. Author of over 40 papers published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.

Journal of 9/11 Studies Peer reviewed paper, Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Completely Collapse? 9/06: "On the basis of photographic and video evidence as well as related data and analyses, I provide thirteen reasons for rejecting the official hypothesis, according to which fire and impact damage caused the collapse of the Twin Towers [each 1300+ feet tall, 110 stories] and WTC 7 [570 feet tall, 47 stories, and not hit by an airplane], in favor of the controlled-demolition hypothesis. The goal of this paper is to promote further scrutiny of the official government-sponsored reports as well as serious investigation of the controlled demolition hypothesis." http://worldtradecentertruth.com/volume

Bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_E._Jones

Bruce R. Henry, PhD

Bruce R. Henry, PhD – Professor Emeritus, Mathematics and Computer Science, Worcester State College. Former guidance systems engineer for Polaris and Trident missiles, General Electric Co.

Article 8/12/06: "The sudden collapse, the seamless downward cascade of the crumbling World Trade Center towers planted doubt in Bruce Henry's mind.

The way the buildings fell didn't seem right. The implosion-like plummeting, the absence of central beams and girders refusing to fall, the speed of the collapse -- all raised suspicion for the retired mathematics professor from Worcester.

"That was the seed," said Henry, who taught at Worcester State College. "To me it seems so transparent with a minimal amount of reflection that there's something catawampus," or cockeyed, with the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Finally, he came to a shocking conclusion that runs counter to the accepted history of America's darkest day: The towers, he believes, "were brought down by planted explosives." http://www.information

Member: Scholars for 9/11 Truth Association Statement: "Research proves the current administration has been dishonest about what happened in New York and Washington, D.C. The World Trade Center was almost certainly brought down by controlled demolitions and that the available relevant evidence casts grave doubt on the government's official story about the attack on the Pentagon."

John N. Cooper, PhD
No photo available
John N. Cooper, PhD – Professor of Chemistry, Bucknell University 1967 - 2003. Author of 35 published papers in the fields of chemical education and inorganic kinetics and structure.

Review of The New Pearl Harbor 3/29/04: "Griffin's approach is utterly admirable: coherently, systematically and objectively, he scrupulously and minutely documents the flaws, contradictions, inconsistencies and discrepancies in the 'official version' of the events of that day. Ultimately he assembles and tabulates a list of thirty-eight apparent irregularities in the timeline of, and evidence remaining from, these attacks and asks how they might plausibly be reconciled:

Why were the 'standard operating procedures' for the emergency scrambling of fighter jets in the event of a commercial airplane's highjacking not implemented until after the crash at the Pentagon?

Why was there no evidence of a passenger jet debris at the Pentagon crash site?

What happened on UA flight 93? Did the passengers regain control of the aircraft from the hijackers? If so, why and how did it crash in Pennsylvania?

Griffin refuses to throw out possibilities simply because they are outrageous, outlandish or shocking; he lets the evidence speak for itself. As the book's subtitle declares, the results are deeply disturbing. ...

For conspiracy theorists, this will ultimately be an unsatisfying book: with admirable academic objectivity, Griffin refuses to indict or endorse any specific hypothesis. Rather he presents a substantial body of very disturbing evidence and calls for a real, open, hardnosed investigation that does not begin with the proposition that only those scenarios in which the assumption that our government or its members play only a benign and benevolent role - seeking only the welfare and best interests of its citizenry - will be considered.

The New Pearl Harbor - Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11 is a book that ought to be thoughtfully read and considered by every thinking, voting member of the electorate." http://www.axisoflogic.com

Bio: http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/jcooper/

Martin Walter, PhD
No photo available
Martin Walter, PhD – Professor and Chairman of the Department of Mathematics, University of Colorado at Boulder. Member, Executive Committee of the Rocky Mountain chapter of the Sierra Club.

Bio: http://www.colorado.edu/math/earthmath/marty.html

Robert S. Boyer, PhD

Robert S. Boyer, PhD – Professor of Computer Science, University of Texas, Austin. Fellow of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence. Awarded the 2005 Software System Award by the Association for Computing Machinery. Awarded the 6th Herbrand Award (1999) for exceptional contributions to the field of Automated Deduction, by the Conferences on Automated Deduction. Co-author of A Computational Logic Handbook. Editor of Automated Reasoning.

Bio: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~boyer/

Joanna Rankin, PhD
Joanna Rankin, PhD – Professor of Physics and Astronomy, University of Vermont.

Member: Vermonters for a Real 9/11 Investigation Association Statement: "We do support a new, thorough, and truly independent forensic investigation of the events on and surrounding 9/11/2001. We believe that without such an investigation, the threat of further attacks like those of 9/11 remains unabated, our government will continue to erode our civil liberties, and our government will continue to support foreign policies that are destructive to the U.S. and to the world."

Bio: http://www.uvm.edu/~jmrankin/?Page=default.html

Kenneth L. Kuttler, PhD

Kenneth L. Kuttler, PhD – Professor of Mathematics, Brigham Young University.

Essay: "I provide a short computation, focused on World Trade Center building 7 [570 feet tall, 47 stories, and not hit by an airplane] . Based on very favorable assumptions for achieving a fast fall, including ignoring resistance due to intact steel columns, I could only get the building to fall in about 8.3 seconds, whereas the observed roof-fall time is approximately 6.5 seconds. The problem is the large number of floors and conservation of momentum in a collision. Some of the “official” explanations about progressive collapse are evocative but they do not explain the difficulty in the rapid fall of the building along with what is evidently taking place when the video of the falling building is observed." http://www.journalof911studies.com

Bio: https://math.byu.edu/~klkuttle/
CV: http://www.math.byu.edu/~klkuttle/vitaforweb.pdf

Michael Elliot, PhD
No photo available
Michael Elliot, PhD – Teaching Fellow, School of Mathematics and Physics, Queens University, Belfast.

Signatory: Petition For An Independent International Truth Commission On 9-11. "[T]he Bush administration has never offered a detailed and documented account of its claims about the events of 9-11 which have allegedly revolutionized human affairs. Nor has it explained obvious and serious discrepancies in its own statements and actions. No systematic proof has ever been published or offered as to who the terrorists were, how they operated, where they came from, and why they were not stopped. ...

The Kean-Hamilton panel’s limited funding from Congress makes a mockery of the tragedy of 9-11, considering that it is only a small fraction of the huge sums spent to investigate Bill Clinton.

We therefore call upon statesmen, thinkers, journalists, investigators, artists, scientists, jurists, academics, humanitarians, religious leaders, activists and other eminent personalities from around the world to form an Independent International Truth Commission dedicated to preventing unproven assertions about 9-11 from setting the stage for a new world conflagration. " http://iitc.911review.org/

Bio: http://www.qub.ac.uk/

Judy Wood, PhD

Judy Wood, PhD – Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University. Member of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM). Co-founder SEM’s Biological Systems and Materials Division. Currently serves on the SEM Composite Materials Technical Division.

Essay: "So, for the building to be collapsed in about 10 seconds, the lower floors would have to start moving before the upper floors could reach them by gravity alone.

Did we see this? I believe it's pretty clear in some of the videos. The "wave" of collapse, progressing down the building, is moving faster than free-fall speed. This would require something like a detonation sequence. ...

In conclusion, the explanations of the collapse that have been given by the 9/11 Commission Report and NIST are not physically possible. A new investigation is needed to determine the true cause of what happened to these buildings on September 11, 2001. The destruction of all seven WTC buildings and especially WTC1 and WTC2 may be considered the greatest engineering disaster in the history of the world and deserves a thorough investigation." http://janedoe0911.tripod.com

Bio: http://janedoe0911.tripod.com/Wood_Bio.html

Joshua Mitteldorf, PhD

Joshua Mitteldorf, PhD – Researcher, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona. Former instructor of physics, math, astronomy, and evolution at Harvard, University of California at Berkeley, Temple University, University of Pennsylvania, LaSalle University and Bryn Mawr.

Statement to this website 1/15/07: "Three prominent and readily observable features of the collapse of the Twin Towers on the morning of 9/11 are inconsistent with the official explanation involving fires and "pancaking". ...

First, the towers collapsed quickly ...

Second, the collapse was symmetrical. Natural events (including fires) will always be governed by a certain amount of randomness. Some situations are stable and inherently restore symmetry; but the collapse of a tall building is not one of them. ...

Third, each collapse began with an explosion in the upper storIes that carried impressive energy. Jet fuel will burn, but not explode. ... The explosions that are readily observable in videos of the towers’ collapse could only have been produced by commercial explosives. ...

Finally, I mention only for extra emphasis that a third tower (WTC 7 [570 feet tall, 47 stories] ) collapsed 6 hours after the first two. It was never struck by a plane, and fires in WTC 7 were far smaller than the other two towers, and confined to one side of the building. Yet WTC 7 also collapsed suddenly and symmetrically, almost as fast as a free fall – hallmarks of controlled demolition. The 9/11 Report of the Kean Commission omits any mention of Building 7, and no government agency has even proposed an explanation of how it fell.

Conclusion: We may differ over the political plausibility of conspiracies that have been proposed in connection with the destruction of 9/11. But the physical implausibility of the official scenario concerning the towers’ collapse should be beyond dispute. This is an area where physicists’ calculations and our commonsense notions of how tall objects fall down both point to the conclusion that sophisticated engineering and carefully-timed explosive charges would be required for the towers to fall in the manner that they did." Link to statement

Bio: http://www.u.arizona.edu/~jmitteld/

Gary Welz, MSc

Gary Welz, MSc – Instructor of Mathematics at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University New York. Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics, Fordham University.

Article CBS News 1/30/07: "Five years later, it's the violent rattling of the ground moments before the World Trade Center's South Tower fell, and the subsequent pulverized concrete that blanketed him like snowfall that keeps Gary Welz raising questions about just what he survived on Sept. 11, 2001.

"I felt what was like an earthquake — and I've been in earthquakes before — just before the South Tower fell," recalls Welz, an adjunct math lecturer at John Jay Criminal College and Fordham University. ...

"The official explanation that I've heard doesn't make sense because it doesn't explain why I heard and felt an explosion before the South Tower fell and why the concrete was pulverized," said Welz." http://www.cbsnews.com

Bio: http://www.newmedialab.cuny.edu/people/welz/

Ted Micceri, PhD
No photo available
Ted Micceri, PhD – Coordinator of Institutional Research, University of South Florida.

Article 5/7/06: "As soon as I saw the second plane hit the towers, I knew that it had to be collusion," said Ted Micceri, a professor of statistical analyses at the University of South Florida and a member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth. "I have a lot of friends who are pilots and I know that if you go off course for even ten minutes, fighter planes from the [North American Aerospace Defense Command] would be at your wing tips." ...

"Another interesting fact is the collapse of World Trade Center 7," [570 feet tall, 47 stories, and not hit by an airplane] Micceri said. "All of the records for the WTC were kept there, and no airplane hit it, so why did it collapse and why didn't the 9/11 Commission even mention it in their report?" http://www.theseliberties.net

Robert J. Stern, MS

Robert J. Stern, MS – Associate Professor, Mathematics, Pellissippi State Technical Community College.

Garry Anaquod

Garry Anaquod – Lecturer in Computer Science and Physics, First Nations University of Canada (formerly Saskatchewan Indian Federated College).

Member: Scholars for 9/11 Truth Association Statement: "Research proves the current administration has been dishonest about what happened in New York and Washington, D.C. The World Trade Center was almost certainly brought down by controlled demolitions and that the available relevant evidence casts grave doubt on the government's official story about the attack on the Pentagon

What is your point?

That you are one of the tin foil hat crowd and you believe what Shamu on the View bellows from her blowhole?

What is your point?

That you are one of the tin foil hat crowd and you believe what Shamu on the View bellows from her blowhole?

the willfull ignorance and denial astounds me you simply cant respond to
the highly skilled experienced and educated members of patriotsquestion 911
or scholars for 911 truth pilots for 911 truth or eyewitnesses and family members , and just get lead by the nose with your fox news mentality
and make childish empty jokes

No photo available
Captain Karin DeShore – WTC survivor. Battalion 46, FDNY.

Statement recorded by FDNY 11/7/01: After having survived the collapse of the South Tower by taking shelter behind a large pillar near Ground Zero, Captain DeShore found temporary safety in a small shop. "I went outside to see what I could do, when I saw the second building of the World Trade Center [North Tower], still unbeknown to me the first one had collapsed.

Somewhere around the middle of the World Trade Center, there was this orange and red flash coming out. Initially it was just one flash. Then this flash just kept popping all the way around the building and that building had started to explode. The popping sound, and with each popping sound it was initially an orange and then a red flash came out of the building and then it would just go all around the building on both sides as far as I could see. These popping sounds and the explosions were getting bigger, going both up and down and then all around the building.

I went inside and I told everybody that the other building or there was an explosions occurring up there and I said I think we have another major explosion. I don't know if we are all going to be safe here. I told them I can't force you, but I don't know if we are going to be safe here. I'm going to try to get as far aware from this building as possible." [Editor's note: The North Tower collapsed shortly thereafter.] http://graphics8.nytimes.com

Editor's note: Despite hundreds of eyewitness reports of explosions throughout the Twin Towers by doomed victims, survivors, emergency service personnel, reporters, and bystanders, the 9/11 Commission Report contains virtually no mention of them and entirely ignores them in its conclusions. Graeme MacQueen's analysis of oral histories of 9/11 taken from 503 FDNY survivors reveals more than 100 FDNY personnel reported explosions in the Twin Towers.

Firefighter Lou Cacchioli

Firefighter Lou Cacchioli – Witness before the 9/11 Commission. WTC survivor. Retired 20-year veteran of FDNY, Company 47, Harlem. Injuries on 9/11 and toxic dust inhalation forced retirement.

Article Arctic Beacon 7/19/05: "When he finally entered the North Tower lobby, Cacchioli recalls elevator doors completely blown out and another scene of mass chaos with people running, screaming and being hit with debris.

"I remember thinking to myself, my God, how could this be happening so quickly if a plane hit way above. It didn't make sense," said Cacchioli. ... [Editor's note: At this point, Mr. Cacchioli was in the lobby of the North Tower, approximately 1,100 feet below the airplane's point of impact at floors 93 to 98.]

As he made his way up along with men from Engine Co. 21, 22 and Ladder Co. 13, the doors opened on the 24th floor, a scene again that hardly made sense to the seasoned fireman, claiming the heavy dust and haze of smoke he encountered was unusual considering the location of the strike.

"Tommy Hetzel was with me and everybody else also gets out of the elevator when it stops on the 24th floor," said Cacchioli, "There was a huge amount of smoke. Tommy and I had to go back down the elevator for tools and no sooner did the elevators close behind us, we heard this huge explosion that sounded like a bomb. It was such a loud noise, it knocked off the lights and stalled the elevator. ...

"I somehow got into the stairwell and there were more people there. When I began to try and direct down, another huge explosion like the first one hits. This one hits about two minutes later, although it's hard to tell, but I'm thinking, 'Oh. My God, these bastards put bombs in here like they did in 1993!'

When Cacchioli entered the 23rd floor, he found a "little man" holding a handkerchief in front of his face and hiding under the standpipes on the wall, used for pumping water on the floor in case of fire.

Leading the man by the arm, he then ran into a group down the hall of about 35 to 40 people, finding his way down the 23rd floor stairwell and beginning their descent to safety.

"Then as soon as we get in the stairwell, I hear another huge explosion like the other two. Then I heard bang, bang, bang - huge bangs - and surmised later it was the floors pan caking on top of one another. ... [Editor's note: At this point, Mr. Cacchioli was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor of the North Tower, approximately 850 feet below the airplane's point of impact at floors 93 to 98 and approximately 300 feet above ground level. The entire collapse of the North Tower occurred in only 11 seconds. It's unlikely the sounds referred to here by Mr. Cacchioli were floors pancaking since it took him several additional minutes to exit the building.]

When the group led by Cacchioli finally made it to the lobby level, he was unable to open the door at first, the concussion of the explosions or perhaps the south tower falling, jamming the lobby door.

Finally jarring it loose, the group entered the lobby finding total devastation with windows blown out and marble falling from the walls, but strangely no people. ...

Cacchioli was called to testify privately [before the 9/11 Commission] ... "My story was never mentioned in the final [9/11 Commission] report and I felt like I was being put on trial in a court room," said Cacchioli. "I finally walked out. They were trying to twist my words and make the story fit only what they wanted to hear. All I wanted to do was tell the truth and when they wouldn't let me do that, I walked out.

It was a disgrace to everyone, the victims and the family members who lost loved ones. I don't agree with the 9/11 Commission. The whole experience was terrible." http://www.arcticbeacon.com

Editor's note: Despite hundreds of eyewitness reports of explosions throughout the Twin Towers by doomed victims, survivors, emergency service personnel, reporters, and bystanders, the 9/11 Commission Report contains virtually no mention of them and entirely ignores them in its conclusions. Graeme MacQueen's analysis of oral histories of 9/11 taken from 503 FDNY survivors reveals more than 100 FDNY personnel reported explosions in the Twin Towers.

Firefighter Richard Banaciski
No photo available

Firefighter Richard Banaciski – WTC survivor. Ladder 22, FDNY.

Statement recorded by FDNY 11/7/01 12/6/01: Prior to the collapse of either Tower, Firefighter Banaciski reported to the Command Center on West Street, near the intersection of Vesey. "We were there, I don't know, 10, 15 minutes and then I just remember there was just an explosion. It seemed like on television they blow up these buildings. It seemed like it was going all the way around like a belt, all these explosions. Everybody just said run and we all turned around and we ran into the parking garage because that's basically where we were. Running forward would be running towards it. Not thinking that this building [South Tower] is coming down. We just thought there was going to be a big explosion, stuff was going to come down." http://graphics8.nytimes.com

Firefighter Kenneth Rogers
No photo available
Firefighter Kenneth Rogers – WTC survivor. Ladder 16, FDNY.

Statement recorded by FDNY 12/10/01: "Meanwhile we were standing there with about five companies and we were just waiting for our assignment and then there was an explosion in the south tower, which according to this map, this exposure just blew out in flames. A lot of guys left at that point. I kept watching. Floor after floor after floor. One floor under another after another and when it hit about the fifth floor, I figured it was a bomb, because it looked like a synchronized deliberate kind of thing. I was there in '93." http://graphics8.nytimes.com

Firefighter Edward Cachia
No photo available
Firefighter Edward Cachia – WTC survivor. Engine 53, FDNY.

Statement recorded by FDNY 12/6/01: "As my officer and I were looking at the south tower, it just gave. It actually gave at a lower floor, not the floor where the plane hit, because we originally had thought there was like an internal detonation explosives because it went in succession, boom, boom, boom, boom, and then the tower came down." http://www.nytimes.com

Firefighter Joseph Montaperto
No photo available
Firefighter Joseph W. Montaperto – FDNY, Engine 280 and Ladder 132, Prospect Park.

Signatory: Petition requesting a reinvestigation of 9/11:
"We want truthful answers to question. … As Americans of conscience, we ask for four things:
An immediate investigation by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer
Immediate investigation in Congressional Hearings.
Media attention to scrutinize and investigate the evidence.
The formation of a truly independent citizens-based inquiry." http://www.911truth.org/article.php

Daniel Rivera
No photo available
Daniel Rivera – WTC survivor. Paramedic, Battalion 31, Station 36, FDNY, Brooklyn.

Statement recorded by FDNY 10/31/01: Paramedic Rivera arrived at the WTC prior to the second airplane impact. "I kept on walking close to the South Tower and that's when that building collapsed.

Q: How did you know that it [the South Tower] was coming down?

Paramedic Rivera: That noise. It was noise.

Q:. What did you hear? What did you see?

Paramedic Rivera: It was a frigging noise. At first I thought it was---do you ever see professional demolition where they set the charges on certain floors and then you hear 'Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop'? That's exactly what--because I thought it was that. When I heard that frigging noise, that's when I saw the building coming down." http://graphics8.nytimes.com

Megan Bartlett

Megan Bartlett – WTC survivor. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-D). Founder of Ground Zero for Peace. 2003 Recipient of New York City's Pax Christi Local Peacemaker Award. Victim of Toxic Dust Exposure.

Signatory 11/19/04: Complaint filed with the Attorney General, State of New York for a new independent grand jury investigation of 9/11.

"We, the complainant signatories below, petition the Attorney General of New York, on behalf of millions of New Yorkers who also call for a fearless independent inquiry; for the sake of residents, workers, and business owners in New York—most particularly in and near "Ground Zero"; and also on behalf of other Americans who have lost employees, friends, and family members as well as health, business, and personal assets and civil, privacy, and other rights in the events of September 11, 2001 and their aftermath.

We approach your office as concerned citizens desiring to bring to light the truth about the events of 9/11." http://www.justicefor911.org

Kevin Shea
No photo available
Kevin Shea – WTC survivor. FDNY Hazmat Operations. Sustained major injuries on 9/11, which forced retirement.

"We want truthful answers to question. … As Americans of conscience, we ask for four things:
The formation of a truly independent citizens-based inquiry." http://www.911truth.org/article.php

Officer Craig Bartmer

Officer Craig Bartmer – WTC survivor. NYPD officer. 9/11 first responder and rescue worker. Disabled from respiratory illness caused by inhalation of toxic dust..

Video interview: "I was real close to Building 7 [570 feet tall, 47 stories, and not hit by an airplane] when it fell down. ... That didn't sound like just a building falling down to me while I was running away from it. There's a lot of eyewitness testimony down there of hearing explosions. I didn't see any reason for that building to fall down the way it did -- and a lot of guys should be saying the same thing. I don't know what the fear is coming out and talking about it? I don't know -- but it's the truth. ...

I think we're being lied to. The only answer to get to the bottom of that lie is a new investigation. I think that the 9/11 Commission Report is a farce. I think that the members that conducted it had conflicts of interest directly relating to not just our government but corporations intertwined with our government. I think it's a farce; that we're being lied to. There's not a word in it about Building 7. Why? ...

I think it's time to demand a real investigation of the experience and let the truth come out in the wash. Because I tell you what, if something, to use a police department term, if something hinky is going on, it will come out in a real investigation, not a farce like the 9/11 Commission Report. ...

I walked around it (Building 7). I saw a hole. I didn't see a hole bad enough to knock a building down, though. Yeah there was definitely fire in the building, but I didn't hear any -- I didn't hear any creaking, or I didn't hear any indication that it was going to come down. And all of a sudden the radios exploded and everyone started screaming 'get away, get away, get away from it!'... It was at that moment ... I looked up, and it was nothing I would ever imagine seeing in my life. The thing started peeling in on itself... Somebody grabbed my shoulder and I started running, and the shit's hitting the ground behind me, and the whole time you're hearing boom, boom, boom, boom, boom.

I think I know an explosion when I hear it. So, yeah, I want to know what took that building down. I don't think it was the fire and it certainly wasn't a plane. Yeah, it had some damage to it, but nothing like what they're saying. -- Nothing to account for what we saw. -- I am shocked at the story we've heard about it, to be quite honest." http://www.prisonplanet.com

Det. Thomas M. Inman
No photo available
Detective Thomas M. Inman – WTC survivor. Port Authority Police of New York. Awarded the Harry Myers medal (1992).
Written statement 1/22/02: "We arrived at the Command Post located at West and Vesey streets at approximately 0935 hours. As a roll call was being taken of the responding Detectives, Tower #2 began to collapse. This occurred after a secondary explosion on the west side of the tower that appeared to take place in the area of the high 60’s. The area above the secondary explosion actually leaned to the west and then the collapse took place. The order to evacuate the area was given by D/Sgt. Ftizgerald and the undersigned rapidly retreated from the area, fleeing north on West Street, so as not to be engulfed in the ensuing debris field caused by the collapse." (page 6 of .pdf) http://www.thememoryhole.org

PENTAGON SURVIVORS

Jean Hunt
Jean Hunt – Pentagon survivor. Senior Program Analyst, Pentagon. Disabled from injuries sustained in the attack on the Pentagon.

April and Elisha Gallop

April Gallop, Administrative Specialist, U.S. Army, and Elisha Gallop – Pentagon survivors. April suffered major injuries in the attack on the Pentagon, resulting in partial disability and medical discharge from the Army. Two-month old Elisha suffered head injuries causing hearing loss and developmental delays.
Interview 7/14/06: Interviewer: Do you have any theory about how a Boeing 757 could have hit such a secure building without any anti-aircraft defenses being activated or any warning alarms sounded?

Gallop: I have thought about this very question numerous times. And then I realized I needed to rephrase the question. The real question is what is the probability or likelihood that no anti-aircraft defense, warning alarms or additional security mechanism functioned on that particular day?

And then we need to think how likely is it then there was a glitch in all the security mechanisms, anti-aircraft defense and warning alarms?

You know, it takes a while to get around that building. And I remember being so disgusted at the frequency of random drill exercises taking place for us to evacuate the building. It seemed as if they always happened when I had to take care of certain things.

Yet on September 11th, the day when our lives were threatened, not one alarm. ...

Interviewer: I know that you have previously been quoted about things like thinking that a bomb had exploded in the Pentagon, and that you did not see any plane debris in the Pentagon. I do not want to misquote you or twist your words. Is there anything you wish to state about these topics?

Gallop: I have been misquoted on numerous occasions. That happens when individuals have ulterior motives. But here is my statement for the record.

I was located at the E ring. From my inside perspective, with no knowledge of what had actually happened on the outside, it did sound like a bomb. And we had to escape the building before the floors, debris etc collapsed on us.

And I don't recall at any time seeing any plane debris. Again, I don't know what plane debris would look like after hitting a building. But I would have recalled unusual looking pieces similar to plane parts.

... I was focusing on getting help and getting out. With that in mind, the images are etched in my mind. When I review the pictures regarding the Boeing, in my opinion, the hole didn't appear to be big enough for the 757. I don't know the scientific theory that was created to justify it being a hole created by a 757. What we need to consider is how did the plane go thru the building with all that heat and not burn us (those on the inside) to a crisp? We need to consider, how did the plane break up so to the point it created a perfectly round hole considering the rate of impact?

I didn't know it was a plane until I was informed at the hospital. If I wasn't informed I would have never believed it. I walked through that place to try to get out before everything collapsed on us . . . surely we should have seen something." http://www.lookingglassnews.org

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, PhD

Lt. Col. Karen U. Kwiatkowski, PhD, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Pentagon survivor. Former Political-Military Affairs Officer in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Also served on the staff of the Director of the National Security Agency. 20-year Air Force veteran.

Contributor to 9/11 and American Empire: Intellectuals Speak Out 8/23/06: Account of Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, Pentagon employee and eyewitness to the events at the Pentagon on 9/11. "I believe the Commission failed to deeply examine the topic at hand, failed to apply scientific rigor to its assessment of events leading up to and including 9/11, failed to produce a believable and unbiased summary of what happened, failed to fully examine why it happened, and even failed to include a set of unanswered questions for future research. ...

It is as a scientist that I have the most trouble with the official government conspiracy theory, mainly because it does not satisfy the rules of probability or physics. The collapses of the World Trade Center buildings clearly violate the laws of probability and physics. ...

There was a dearth of visible debris on the relatively unmarked [Pentagon] lawn, where I stood only minutes after the impact. Beyond this strange absence of airliner debris, there was no sign of the kind of damage to the Pentagon structure one would expect from the impact of a large airliner. This visible evidence or lack thereof may also have been apparent to the secretary of defense [Donald Rumsfeld], who in an unfortunate slip of the tongue referred to the aircraft that slammed into the Pentagon as a "missile".

... I saw nothing of significance at the point of impact - no airplane metal or cargo debris was blowing on the lawn in front of the damaged building as smoke billowed from within the Pentagon. ... all of us staring at the Pentagon that morning were indeed looking for such debris, but what we expected to see was not evident.

The same is true with regard to the kind of damage we expected. ... But I did not see this kind of damage. Rather, the facade had a rather small hole, no larger than 20 feet in diameter. Although this facade later collapsed, it remained standing for 30 or 40 minutes, with the roof line remaining relatively straight.

The scene, in short, was not what I would have expected from a strike by a large jetliner. It was, however, exactly what one would expect if a missile had struck the Pentagon.

... More information is certainly needed regarding the events of 9/11 and the events leading up to that terrible day."

Editor's note: For more information on the impact at the Pentagon, see General Stubblebine, Colonel Nelson, Major Rokke, Capt. Wittenberg, and Steve DeChiaro.

Bio: http://militaryweek.com/

Steve DeChiaro (on right)

Steve DeChiaro – Pentagon survivor. Founder of DSCI, a defense contractor. Mr. DeChiaro was walking into the Pentagon's south parking lot entrance when the Pentagon was hit on 9/11. He immediately went to the impact area and started evacuating the injured and the dying. For his heroic efforts that day, Mr. DeChiaro was awarded the Medal of Valor, the Defense Department's highest civilian award for courage and valor.

Article 8/1/02: "Instead of following the streams of people away from the Pentagon, Steve DeChiaro ran toward the smoke.

As he reached the west side of the building he saw a light post bent in half.

"But when I looked at the site, my brain could not resolve the fact that it was a plane because it only seemed like a small hole in the building," he said. "No tail. No wings. No nothing." http://web.archive.org

Editor's note: For more information on the impact at the Pentagon, see General Stubblebine, Colonel Nelson, Lt. Col. Kwiatkowski, Major

wow you sure addressed those issues didn't you....SIMPLE is your middle name buddy

You are a proud mnemebr of the kook left conspiracy nuts - there is nothing to debate with you

All I can suggest is serious adult supervision and perhaps you will regain part of your common sense

red state, :eusa_doh:

please, i know its frustrating to think that some people believe we did it, but please :eusa_wall: , try and be nice. ok

Remember sugar, not salt ok?

please...

eots, Please, we cant have a tit for tat. This message board cant turn into a verbal royal rumble.

Im gonna get on everyone, including myself, when i get into conduct such as name calling.

so please, all, lets try and refrain, please.

this is how to debate :))

Originally Posted by Adam's Apple
...mirraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.”

Apparently there is no such thing as a foundry. And what does a foundry do?

It melts steel.

Using fire.

As for all the conspiracy theories about the planes, there are two things wrong with all of them.

Every conspiracy theory I've ever read about 9/11 assumes that hundreds or thousands of people conspired together to make it happen. I would challenge anyone to come up with a single example where a coverup of that magnitude was ever kept a secret. People talk about those things. They tell their wives or they get drunk and brag about it to their buddies. If the WTC was brought down by explosives, then why haven't we seen a single person come forward to admit planting them? If American Airlines Flight 77 didn't crash into the Pentagon, then where did its 59 passengers go?
People point triumphantly at the lack of large identifiable jet plane parts at the Pentagon crash site as "proof" that something other than Flight 77 hit the building. Well, there was airplane debris at the crash site - it's just not easily visible in most of the pictures. And besides that, the Pentagon's walls are made of very thick reinforced concrete. What happens when a plane crashes into a thick concrete wall at 500 miles per hour? This is what happens. It's a picture of an F-4 Phantom II fighter jet crashing into a concrete wall at 500 mph. There's a link to the Sandia Laboratories video gallery where you can download some videos. Or there's this video with narration that shows the crash from several viewpoints. The bottom line is that when a plane hits a concrete wall going that fast, you won't find large pieces of it lying around.
So next time someone starts throwing out these conspiracy theories, we should all be able to show why they aren't factual.

Make the choice to serve in a cause larger than your wants, larger than yourself - and in your days you will add not just to the wealth of our country, but to its character.
- George W. Bush, January 20, 2005

Those who know the truth need to speak out against these kinds of myths and distortions that are being told about our troops and about our country. America is not what's wrong with the world.
- Donald Rumsfeld, August 29, 2006

Proud to be an American.
- Lee Greenwood

No Stand-Down Order
CLAIM: No fighter jets were scrambled from any of the 28 Air Force bases within close range of the four hijacked flights. "On 11 September Andrews had two squadrons of fighter jets with the job of protecting the skies over Washington D.C.," says the Web site emperors-clothes.com. "They failed to do their job." "There is only one explanation for this," writes Mark R. Elsis of StandDown.net. "Our Air Force was ordered to Stand Down on 9/11."

FACT: On 9/11 there were only 14 fighter jets on alert in the contiguous 48 states. No computer network or alarm automatically alerted the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) of missing planes. "They [civilian Air Traffic Control, or ATC] had to pick up the phone and literally dial us," says Maj. Douglas Martin, public affairs officer for NORAD. Boston Center, one of 22 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regional ATC facilities, called NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) three times: at 8:37 am EST to inform NEADS that Flight 11 was hijacked; at 9:21 am to inform the agency, mistakenly, that Flight 11 was headed for Washington (the plane had hit the North Tower 35 minutes earlier); and at 9:41 am to (erroneously) identify Delta Air Lines Flight 1989 from Boston as a possible hijacking. The New York ATC called NEADS at 9:03 am to report that United Flight 175 had been hijacked--the same time the plane slammed into the South Tower. Within minutes of that first call from Boston Center, NEADS scrambled two F-15s from Otis Air Force Base in Falmouth, Mass., and three F-16s from Langley Air National Guard Base in Hampton, Va. None of the fighters got anywhere near the pirated planes.

Why couldn't ATC find the hijacked flights? When the hijackers turned off the planes' transponders, which broadcast identifying signals, ATC had to search 4500 identical radar blips crisscrossing some of the country's busiest air corridors. And NORAD's sophisticated radar? It ringed the continent, looking outward for threats, not inward. "It was like a doughnut," Martin says. "There was no coverage in the middle." Pre-9/11, flights originating in the States were not seen as threats and NORAD wasn't prepared to track them.

Flight 175's Windows
CLAIM: On Sept. 11, FOX News broadcast a live phone interview with FOX employee Marc Birnbach. 911inplanesite.com states that "Bernback" saw the plane "crash into the South Tower." "It definitely did not look like a commercial plane," Birnbach said on air. "I didn't see any windows on the sides."

Coupled with photographs and videos of Flight 175 that lack the resolution to show windows, Birnbach's statement has fueled one of the most widely referenced 9/11 conspiracy theories--specifically, that the South Tower was struck by a military cargo plane or a fuel tanker.

FACT: Birnbach, who was a freelance videographer with FOX News at the time, tells PM that he was more than 2 miles southeast of the WTC, in Brooklyn, when he briefly saw a plane fly over. He says that, in fact, he did not see the plane strike the South Tower; he says he only heard the explosion.

While heading a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) probe into the collapse of the towers, W. Gene Corley studied the airplane wreckage. A licensed structural engineer with Construction Technology Laboratories, a consulting firm based in Skokie, Ill., Corley and his team photographed aircraft debris on the roof of WTC 5, including a chunk of fuselage that clearly had passenger windows. "It's ... from the United Airlines plane that hit Tower 2," Corley states flatly. In reviewing crash footage taken by an ABC news crew, Corley was able to track the trajectory of the fragments he studied--including a section of the landing gear and part of an engine--as they tore through the South Tower, exited from the building's north side and fell from the sky.

Intercepts Not Routine
CLAIM: "It has been standard operating procedures for decades to immediately intercept off-course planes that do not respond to communications from air traffic controllers," says the Web site oilempire.us. "When the Air Force 'scrambles' a fighter plane to intercept, they usually reach the plane in question in minutes."

FACT: In the decade before 9/11, NORAD intercepted only one civilian plane over North America: golfer Payne Stewart's Learjet, in October 1999. With passengers and crew unconscious from cabin decompression, the plane lost radio contact but remained in transponder contact until it crashed. Even so, it took an F-16 1 hour and 22 minutes to reach the stricken jet. Rules in effect back then, and on 9/11, prohibited supersonic flight on intercepts. Prior to 9/11, all other NORAD interceptions were limited to offshore Air Defense Identification Zones (ADIZ). "Until 9/11 there was no domestic ADIZ," FAA spokesman Bill Schumann tells PM. After 9/11, NORAD and the FAA increased cooperation, setting up hotlines between ATCs and NORAD command centers, according to officials from both agencies. NORAD has also increased its fighter coverage and has installed radar to monitor airspace over the continent.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html?page=3

Forum List

Back