Roseanne Barr Joins Twitter Vigilante Crew

Crackerjack

Too sick for a cure
Dec 6, 2011
Somalia
I hate myself for adding another Martin/Zimmerman thread, but here it is:

Star tweeted home address of George Zimmerman's parents

MARCH 29--The comedian Roseanne Barr last night tweeted the home address of George Zimmerman’s parents to her 110,000-plus Twitter followers, only to delete the posting after “not fully understanding that it was private not public.”

Barr’s posting of the correct Florida address of Robert and Gladys Zimmerman came at the same time Spike Lee was issuing an apology for erroneously disseminating a tweet that purportedly contained the home address of George Zimmerman, who last month killed teenager Trayvon Martin.

The residence cited by Lee is actually the home of an elderly couple with no connection to Zimmerman.

Barr, who deleted her tweet in the face of criticism from some Twitter followers, noted that she first thought it “was good to let ppl know that no one can hide anymore.” That stance quickly changed, with Barr reporting, “But vigilante-ism is what killed Trayvon. I don’t support that.”

[...]
Emphasis mine.

Stupid hypocritical bitch. :mad:

Well, she didn't know it was, like, public 'n stuff. :rolleyes:

I hope the parents sue the shit out of her.

How would you like to be the judge if Zimmerman ever makes it to trial? Determining which citizens become jurors, which evidence will be admissable, and keeping a lid on everything will make the OJ circus look like a walk in the park.

MARCH 29--The comedian Roseanne Barr last night tweeted the home address of George Zimmerman’s parents to her 110,000-plus Twitter followers, only to delete the posting after “not fully understanding that it was private not public.”

Barr’s posting of the correct Florida address of Robert and Gladys Zimmerman came at the same time Spike Lee was issuing an apology for erroneously disseminating a tweet that purportedly contained the home address of George Zimmerman, who last month killed teenager Trayvon Martin.

The residence cited by Lee is actually the home of an elderly couple with no connection to Zimmerman.

Barr, who deleted her tweet in the face of criticism from some Twitter followers, noted that she first thought it “was good to let ppl know that no one can hide anymore.” That stance quickly changed, with Barr reporting, “But vigilante-ism is what killed Trayvon. I don’t support that.”

[...]
Emphasis mine.

It sounds to me as if she learned a valuable lesson if she came to the conclusion that she herself was acting like a vigilante.

On a slightly different topic, property records are not private and in fact the address can easily be found on the county's website.

[...]
Emphasis mine.

It sounds to me as if she learned a valuable lesson if she came to the conclusion that she herself was acting like a vigilante.

On a slightly different topic, property records are not private and in fact the address can easily be found on the county's website.

Does the fact that it is available make it less abhorrent to be publicizing it, particularly for celebrities who have a lot of 'fans'.... Put yourself in the shoes of the Zimmerman family - or anyone with the last name of Zimmerman.... by ratcheting up such hatred... these people, these 'celebrities' are putting innocent people at risk. Personally, I view that as extraordinarily irresponsible.... and, downright fucking dangerous. Celebrities should use their status to calm the situation, not inflame it.

How would you like to be the judge if Zimmerman ever makes it to trial? Determining which citizens become jurors, which evidence will be admissable, and keeping a lid on everything will make the OJ circus look like a walk in the park.

And if they don't convict him there will be riots like Rodney King.

Well, she didn't know it was, like, public 'n stuff. :rolleyes:

I hope the parents sue the shit out of her.

Well Spike Lee put out what he thought was the address for George Zimmerman but it turned
out to be an elderly couple.Now fearful for their safety they are living in a motel.

Very nice Eric Holder and the Obama administration.
The new and improved black panther party has put out a bounty wanted dead or alive on a US citizen and celebrities are putting addresses of people on their twitter accounts to aid in the capture of George Zimmerman and no one cares.

There is now a vigilante atmosphere going on and people were more concerned about the mega millions drawing.

Forum List

Back