Rose Garden ObamaCare 'success' story meets with reality...

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I have to snip this pretty brutally, so please read the article.

I only post this because she was held up as an example, the usual mawkish emotionally driven drivel is a specialty for some, like by Obama, yet now that there are many many examples of folks taking the pipe under Obamacare these emotional appeals just don't have the same cachet, amongst the very same that employ them ad nauseum. This is my shocked face..:doubt:

yes *hit can happen, her state miscalculated several times apparently, sux to be her, but- none of this needed to happen though..now did it???:eusa_whistle:

and note CNNs description...."frustrated by sign up process"...:lol: shes not 'frustrated', she friggin' screwed :rolleyes:.....what hacks.

Woman cited by President as Obamacare success story frustrated by sign up process
Posted by
CNN Senior White House Correspondent Jim Acosta

Updated 1:20 a.m. ET, 11/19/2013 – This is updated from an earlier version, adding more details.

Washington state resident Jessica Sanford was bursting with pride when President Obama mentioned her story during a Rose Garden event on health care reform last month at the White House.

snip-

The president said Sanford's story was proof, despite the technical problems with the healthcare.gov website, that the Affordable Care Act was working.

"That's what the Affordable Care Act is all about. The point is, the essence of the law - the health insurance that's available to people - is working just fine," Obama said.

-snip-

But then, after Obama mentioned her story, Sanford started having problems.

Sanford said she received another letter informing her the Washington state health exchange had miscalculated her eligibility for a tax credit.

In other words, her monthly insurance bill had shot up from $198 a month (she had initially said $169 a month to the White House but she switched plans) to $280 a month for the same "gold" plan offered by the state exchange.

-snip-

But she decided to purchase the new plan and thought everything was fine.

It wasn't fine. Last week, Sanford received another letter from the Washington state exchange, stating there had been another problem, a "system error" that resulted in some "applicants to qualify for higher than allowed health insurance premium tax credits."

The letter said the state exchange was "disappointed to have discovered this issue" and apologized.

The result was a higher quote, which Sanford said was for $390 per month for a "silver" plan with a higher deductible. Still too expensive

A cheaper "bronze" plan, Sanford said, came in at $324 per month, but also with a high deductible - also not in her budget.

Then another letter from the state exchange with even worse news.

"Your household has been determined eligible for a Federal Tax Credit of $0.00 to help cover the cost of your monthly health insurance premium payments," the latest letter said.

snip-

As a self-employed court reporter, the new quote was simply out of her range.

"This is it. I'm not getting insurance," Sanford told CNN. "That's where it stands right now unless they fix it."

snip-

"Wow. You guys really screwed me over," Sanford wrote. "Now I have been priced out and will not be able to afford the plans you offer. But, I get to pay $95 and up for not having health insurance.

more at-

Woman cited by President as Obamacare success story frustrated by sign up process ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

You'd think that someone in the Obama White House would have enough brains to make SURE that the people they hold up as examples of the ACA being wonderful get taken care of! If you're going to run a propaganda campaign then for God's sake RUN A GOOD ONE!!!

no, it was the state , not that he hasn't his issues with human 'analogy' truth say with the portrait oif his mom and her health care issues, but you know, this didn't have to happen , but yes it was designed this way....take care Jessica, I'll send you a razor blade to peel off your obama 12 bumper sticker;)

This woman is now claiming she can't afford an exchange plan, and yet she can get an exchange plan for $280 a month,

and she admits that currently she's paying $250 a month JUST for her son's medications.

And since her son's ADHD is a pre-existing condition, if the conservative 'solution', i.e., repeal Obamacare entirely, were to occur,

she wouldn't get any coverage.

In all fairness to our President, she did write with a different story very much praising what she thought at the time was wonderful. She didn't get fucked over until later...

In all fairness to our President, she did write with a different story very much praising what she thought at the time was wonderful. She didn't get fucked over until later...

And the president's supporters will soon say she planned this to make him look bad and they'll call her a racist.

Boy, you guys just picked up this ball and ran with it, didn't you. It doesn't even say how much she makes, if there was a problem with the website at the time. She needs to make a call and find out for sure about the subsidies.

You guys need to stop with all of this knee jerk stuff and stop pasting up weird stories about ACA. People will know for sure and for themselves soon enough.

It isn't going anywhere.

At this point, What Difference Does It Make?

The woman was already used as a poster chump, so she's served her purpose in Service To The Won.

This is the tenth thread on this, once again proving that the simplest of instructions are beyond the scope of the average conservative's brainpower.

This woman is now claiming she can't afford an exchange plan, and yet she can get an exchange plan for $280 a month,

and she admits that currently she's paying $250 a month JUST for her son's medications.

And since her son's ADHD is a pre-existing condition, if the conservative 'solution', i.e., repeal Obamacare entirely, were to occur,

she wouldn't get any coverage.

I have no idea what you're trying saying here, the state told her whats what in 3 communications.

Do the math; apparently she would find it cheaper to eat the $250 a month in her sons medication, pay the one time penalty of $95, and take her chances, heres the silver and bronze plan deductible information-

chart1.png

if she is at the mid range (?) level, shes got a 2500/5000 hurdle anyway, if its at the highest shes totally screwed. If you split the 40% difference in what she pays for the medication, say. $100 out of pocket, shes still a loser overall. Shes better off eating the 3k to pay for the meds instead of the 4K for the plan.

Boy, you guys just picked up this ball and ran with it, didn't you. It doesn't even say how much she makes, if there was a problem with the website at the time. She needs to make a call and find out for sure about the subsidies.

You guys need to stop with all of this knee jerk stuff and stop pasting up weird stories about ACA. People will know for sure and for themselves soon enough.

It isn't going anywhere.

uh huh.......whats knee jerk? She enrolled thru the wash st. site but, well read for yourself-

Rude Awakening for Federal Way Woman Who Got Shout-Out From President ? Can?t Afford Obamacare Policy After All | Washington State Wire - News of Capitol Importance

they did not get their act together, wrong information exchanged, subsidies miscalculated....

Reason Mag. ( libertarian), the LA Times ( left) lauded wash. state as an example of sate exchanges with their act together, well, it appears they have major issues to, Oregon was supposed to be another one, yet they have yet to enroll 1 person...I mean wtf?

meanwhile the wash st. commissioner says he won't let obama turn the clock back on his fix last week......what a mess.

There are likely missing parts to the story as presented.

1. There was a plan for pre-existing conditions in 2010, not taken?
2. There is more to the health plan than just the medicine benefit?
3. There is maybe a free clinic, or other organization enrollment, explaining the focus on just the medicine--planning for the budget?
4. The ineligibility could possibly result from some other benefit program not mentioned?
5. The state has not completed its own services on behalf of the client?
6. There are other state contacts being provided?

A lot of the parts of the story may have to be revealed.

My God! These people are descended from, "The Wobblies!" Surely they know how blow up a building, or something. . .equally, beneficial(?). . .in the instant matter(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Maybe Great Spirit Send Soaring Canary, even, with free clinic forms already in place, to Lands of Many Nations?)

Forum List

Back