Roots

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Iridescence, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    I am not blathering on, frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog... I am instead more like the thick misty aire capable of sufficating those who work against me... which, indeed, is toward my own demise... but can someone on this board specify the origin of the war against the church... Granted, it is a horrid generalization, but should men not have church? Would man be better informed if he were to be left without a church? The benefits of church? Politics and otherwise, I see the church represented within and without so many necessary things that it seems insanity to disregard the importance of the church... :dunno:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Perhaps sunniman, JStone, and, um.?.?.?.?. whomever else is posting in the Jews and Arab thread to post the importanceof having a mother in the home, under the man... the symbolic god, and the children, the symbolic Christ. Rapture, in deed. :dunno: I am obviously not a scoffer... But I am quite the dunce.

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    The concept of "Church" is a relatively new phenomenon considering modern humans have been roaming the earth for 50,000 years or so.

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Was humanity in such dire straits so many years ago that we truly needed Christ, Buddha, Mohommed, or whomever?

Dudes blew their wad. Ancient times weren't nearly as fucked up as today.

5. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    OMGorsh. :-(

There are so many necessary things that hace come from those men, those representations of hierarchy. I don't know but it seems that even Mr. H's favored ingestation of "alcohol" offers security for their stances, their life's work.

An interesting union, considering. *he*arts* as *he*ads*

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Churches, religions, faiths, have brought much death and destruction into this world.
    I don't bemoan particular good works by these individuals and deities, but they've also left a trail of division and derision.

7. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Has those things brought about death and desrruction or has man's application of those things done so? Obviously we are collectively forever amateuristic enough that perhaps we should not boast to be accomplished in the higher order of things. Most everything throughout history that I have uncovered of history reveals the glaring and screaming that we are collectively failing ourselves. That is not necessarily something we can blame any particular establishment, however blasphemous, for such. We seem to have mingled levels of immaturity with the demanding the lusts of ancient unknowns.

Amateurs ought not dabble?

We are seemingly forever ordaining, selecting, nominating the more unworthy of individuals in positions of power that only further erode our collective potential.

This may seem a very pesimistic viewpoint, but it is not without hope.

8. lizzie

lizzie Zen Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I seriously suspect religion hasn't brought anymore division and derision than would already have existed. Humans have always been tribal, and if not united by religion, then by tribe name or genetic relations, and the belief that all other tribes were not even considered human was once very common. Religion is a need for humans. If it wasn't, it would not exist.

9. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    But why should the concept of god, or any supreme spiritual concept be another reason to fight and foment hatred?

10. lizzie

lizzie Zen Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    For the same reason that politics foments hatred. We all have different points of view, based on individual beliefs, regardless of religion itself. Humans have never lived in harmony. We have desires and aspirations, and we have will, so we fight amongst ourselves.

John Lennon had it all wrong. Religion isn't the problem. Human nature is.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1