Roots

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
I am not blathering on, frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog... I am instead more like the thick misty aire capable of sufficating those who work against me... which, indeed, is toward my own demise... but can someone on this board specify the origin of the war against the church... Granted, it is a horrid generalization, but should men not have church? Would man be better informed if he were to be left without a church? The benefits of church? Politics and otherwise, I see the church represented within and without so many necessary things that it seems insanity to disregard the importance of the church... :dunno:

• Banned
Perhaps sunniman, JStone, and, um.?.?.?.?. whomever else is posting in the Jews and Arab thread to post the importanceof having a mother in the home, under the man... the symbolic god, and the children, the symbolic Christ. Rapture, in deed. :dunno: I am obviously not a scoffer... But I am quite the dunce.

Was humanity in such dire straits so many years ago that we truly needed Christ, Buddha, Mohommed, or whomever?

Dudes blew their wad. Ancient times weren't nearly as fucked up as today.

• Banned
OMGorsh. :-(

There are so many necessary things that hace come from those men, those representations of hierarchy. I don't know but it seems that even Mr. H's favored ingestation of "alcohol" offers security for their stances, their life's work.

An interesting union, considering. *he*arts* as *he*ads*

Churches, religions, faiths, have brought much death and destruction into this world.
I don't bemoan particular good works by these individuals and deities, but they've also left a trail of division and derision.

• Banned
Has those things brought about death and desrruction or has man's application of those things done so? Obviously we are collectively forever amateuristic enough that perhaps we should not boast to be accomplished in the higher order of things. Most everything throughout history that I have uncovered of history reveals the glaring and screaming that we are collectively failing ourselves. That is not necessarily something we can blame any particular establishment, however blasphemous, for such. We seem to have mingled levels of immaturity with the demanding the lusts of ancient unknowns.

Amateurs ought not dabble?

We are seemingly forever ordaining, selecting, nominating the more unworthy of individuals in positions of power that only further erode our collective potential.

This may seem a very pesimistic viewpoint, but it is not without hope.

Churches, religions, faiths, have brought much death and destruction into this world.
I don't bemoan particular good works by these individuals and deities, but they've also left a trail of division and derision.

I seriously suspect religion hasn't brought anymore division and derision than would already have existed. Humans have always been tribal, and if not united by religion, then by tribe name or genetic relations, and the belief that all other tribes were not even considered human was once very common. Religion is a need for humans. If it wasn't, it would not exist.

But why should the concept of god, or any supreme spiritual concept be another reason to fight and foment hatred?

For the same reason that politics foments hatred. We all have different points of view, based on individual beliefs, regardless of religion itself. Humans have never lived in harmony. We have desires and aspirations, and we have will, so we fight amongst ourselves.

John Lennon had it all wrong. Religion isn't the problem. Human nature is.

Not sure if it is human nature's potential or human nature limited and trained by the perception of the powers that be.

The longer I live (hahahaha, youth that I am) the more I realize we are every bit programed to be self-destructive on so many levels that the fountain of youth seems to be something on the outside of "informed" states of living. :dunno:

Imo, it's both. Humans have the ability to reason and the ability to empathize. Because of this, we compare ourselves to others, and we try to "figure out" why inequality exists, and there is no doubt it does exist. We have taken away the great equalizer (ie Nature), and substituted "God", because we have decided that God's not fair. When one sheds oneself of the idea that fairness and equality must exist, it takes away the idea that things *should be* a certain way, and makes it possible to accept reality, such as it is, and live within its bounds.

Forum List

Back