Roots the mini-series, Oh here we go.

The original Roots, the book by Alex Haley, was determined to be entirely, not partially, fictional, a major effort to expand on the endless guilt-trip imposed on White America. So here we go again.

The original Roots, the book by Alex Haley, was determined to be entirely, not partially, fictional, a major effort to expand on the endless guilt-trip imposed on White America. So here we go again.
Link that states that as proven fact?

I liked the series. I will watch this one too.

And I question your statement because the Wallers, who lived across the street from me when I was much younger said it was their ancestor who owned Kunta Kinte'. They kept it on the downlow though because they were so embarrassed about it.

Nah. If Alex Haley said it was a fraudulent story...then ok. If someone else said it..it's just an opinion with no substance since it IS just an opinion.

Plus, I don't really care one way or another. I enjoy the storyline, awful as it is...but told wonderfully.

I personally knew the head of the genealogy association that did the generation sheets on Kunte Kinte.
The genealogy of the character was not false.

I personally knew the head of the genealogy association that did the generation sheets on Kunte Kinte.
The genealogy of the character was not false.
Yeah...EVERYONE took days off from work to watch that show. And the Wallers? They were freaking out. Busted. They knew their genealogy very well and never thought anyone would ever know. All of a sudden...BOOM. It was out. Thankfully, nobody connected them to being related to the asshole in the books.

Roots was the major TV show of all time.Everybody watched it when I was in school. I saw it again a year or two back and it still stands up.

I think quibbles with the accuracy of the characters is missing the point. Even if Kinte was a total fabrication I am guessing that there might have been one or two more africans who were captured and sold as slaves.

Just remember when you watch it that all those nasty white people who were whipping, beating, and mistreating their fellow man were all Democrats.

Just remember when you watch it that all those nasty white people who were whipping, beating, and mistreating their fellow man were all Democrats.
Its bizarre aint it. I understand that they would be considered republicans nowadays.

Its bizarre aint it. I understand that they would be considered republicans nowadays.
Sorry you MISunderstand. Who has blacks dependent on welfare?
Who has whites on welfare ? There are poor people in every country.

Blacks in this country have made collecting welfare a career and Democrats encourage it.

I didn't watch it the first time it was on. I see no reason to watch it now

Blacks in this country have made collecting welfare a career and Democrats encourage it.
I doubt that very much. I hear similar crap in the uk. Dummys focus on welfare fraud when tax fraud dwarves the pittance paid out to the poor. Wonder why that is the case ?

Forum List

Back