Root Canal Anyone?

If the tooth is abscessed then it will suck. If not, then it is not a big deal. I had one root canal for an abcessed molar. It totally sucked. Three separate drilling sessions instead of one. Lots of pain because the anesthetic does not work well in infected tissue. I developed TMJ, or whatever, in my jaw from having my mouth open for hours. In the days between drilling I had a lot of pressure build up in the cavity under the temporary filling. The pain from this was the worst.

I had a bad experience. But not everybody does. It depends on what is going on with the tooth at the time of the procedure.

Who's had one?

What kind of horrors can I expect?

My dentist says it's not too painful, but you know how they like to sugarcoat everything.

I've had 2 or 3. Not bad. The best part is when they write you a prescription for Vicodin :)

Who's had one?

My dentist says it's not too painful, but you know how they like to sugarcoat everything.

Following a highschool bike accident and eating about 20 feet of sidewalk I had numerous procedures done including a few root canals. I took to trying not to sleep the night before so I'd conk out during, which I did according to the dentist. :) Had to use a rubber block to keep my mouth open. (insert sex jokes here) ;)

Who's had one?

Following a highschool bike accident and eating about 20 feet of sidewalk I had numerous procedures done including a few root canals. I took to trying not to sleep the night before so I'd conk out during, which I did according to the dentist. :) Had to use a rubber block to keep my mouth open. (insert sex jokes here) ;)
Then you should research the damaging affects of root canals. There is considerable research showing root canal results in many diseases. Most dentists are bought and paid for by the establishment and know nothing of the dangers. You should consider getting all root canal teeth extracted and all mercury amalgam fillings removed and replaced with safe materials.

Who's had one?

Then you should research the damaging affects of root canals. There is considerable research showing root canal results in many diseases. Most dentists are bought and paid for by the establishment and know nothing of the dangers. You should consider getting all root canal teeth extracted and all mercury amalgam fillings removed and replaced with safe materials.

Already handled. Have just 6 or 7 teeth left. :)

Who's had one?

Did you get them extracted because of the dangers of root canal or some other reason?

Who's had one?

Did you get them extracted because of the dangers of root canal or some other reason?

Came out naturally over time. 3 recently from a hotdog of all things.

Who's had one?

Came out naturally over time. 3 recently from a hotdog of all things.
Damn...sounds like you have some real dental problems.

Forum List

Back