Ronnie says Negro! No one cares!

Actually he said we'd have been better off if Strom Thurmond had been elected under the Dixiecrat party. I don't know what their platform is......

If you don't know what the dixiecrat platform even says, what the fuck are you even doing in this conversation??????
Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was about trying to tear down Ronald Reagan because he used the word "negro" at some point. And after all, if we didn't tear him up for it, we can't by gosh do it to Harry Reid! My Gosh! That would be unfair!

But yet... there sits Trent Lott. Condemned for an indelicate statement at a birthday party for an old man.

Robert Byrd still sits as the senior member in the senate without any problems for his Klan past, while David Duke (rightly) was thrown under the train for his past whether or not either man turned from them.

The issue is Hypocrisy. You bagged Lott for petty nonsense, and if you want to talk entitlement, you owe we conservatives Reid.

Nice try with the Red Herring though.

Lott was condemned for exposing his belief that America would be a better place today if we had elected a segregationist in 1948 instead of Harry Truman.

And I never bagged Lott for anything.... his own party pushed him out of his leadership position and Dubya didn't say a word in his defense when it looked inevitable.

Lott didn't point out any flaws.... he merely said we'd be BETTER if a segregationist had been elected. And Reid observed that some white people still have not let loose of that belief and would have a difficult time voting for a black man unless he wasn't really all that black.

the only race with any flaws possibly highlighted by Reid comments is the caucasian race... and those flaws are a reality... or are you going to deny that there are some Americans who would have a difficult time voting for a very black man with a ghetto dialect regardless of what he said or stood for?

You're right about ONE thing...Lott didn't point out any flaws...you're assuming that he was referring to the segregational part of Thurmond as his favorite characteristic to make Thurmond a better president and that there was NO way he could have possibly meant that all the other problems we experienced during that presidential might have been less intense with Thurmond at the helm.

As for Reid's comments, I'm amazed at how glib you are at the dual message in his statement. Intentional or otherwise....he definitely pointed out flaws...darker skin and a thicker "negro dialect" would have made him less likely to get elected. But then again, maybe it shouldn't surprise me so much...you DON'T WANT to see that side of his statement. And you will keep defending your misguided position until this subject dies. Which is fine with me...it just proves the blind and blatant effort to ignore the obvious.

Yeah... Strom Thurmond ran for President to fix our foreign policy problems... get your head out of the sand.

And there is no dual message in Reid's observation. He is correct that darker skin and a thicker ghetto dialect would make a candidate less palatable to many people in the United States.... certainly many people like the folks that voted for Strom who didn't want ******* to drink out of the same fountain, or be allowed to marry their white women, let alone be president of the fucking united states.

He is correct that darker skin and a thicker ghetto dialect would make a candidate less palatable to many people in the United States

Why is he correct?

You're right about ONE thing...Lott didn't point out any flaws...you're assuming that he was referring to the segregational part of Thurmond as his favorite characteristic to make Thurmond a better president and that there was NO way he could have possibly meant that all the other problems we experienced during that presidential might have been less intense with Thurmond at the helm.

As for Reid's comments, I'm amazed at how glib you are at the dual message in his statement. Intentional or otherwise....he definitely pointed out flaws...darker skin and a thicker "negro dialect" would have made him less likely to get elected. But then again, maybe it shouldn't surprise me so much...you DON'T WANT to see that side of his statement. And you will keep defending your misguided position until this subject dies. Which is fine with me...it just proves the blind and blatant effort to ignore the obvious.

Yeah... Strom Thurmond ran for President to fix our foreign policy problems... get your head out of the sand.

And there is no dual message in Reid's observation. He is correct that darker skin and a thicker ghetto dialect would make a candidate less palatable to many people in the United States.... certainly many people like the folks that voted for Strom who didn't want ******* to drink out of the same fountain, or be allowed to marry their white women, let alone be president of the fucking united states.

He is correct that darker skin and a thicker ghetto dialect would make a candidate less palatable to many people in the United States

Why is he correct?

because, like it or not, there remains a segment of the population that feels that way. don't be so fucking obtuse.... it is getting tedious.

"The then-Illinois senator was described, in private, by the Nevada senator as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." " Harry Reid

I find this quite racist if you want to get clinical about it. Can I overlook it? Absolutely. Will I? Nope, because of Trent Lott being run out of town, and now you want to say, "oh it was a mistake." This was said in an era where we're told that a white person can't say the N-Bomb, but black rappers can do it all the time. Hypocrisy seems to be the name of the game, but I ,for one, am not going to go along to get along.

""A few years ago, this guy (Obama) would be getting us coffee." Bill Clinton

This is only a few decades removed from saying "hey boy!" as far as I'm concerned. Despicable. But then again, I fully believe him to be slime of the first order.

"I want to say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years either." Trent Lott

Huh... when looking stuff over, the Dixiecrat party was a states rights party mostly. This was also the era of Bull Connor and George Wallace. Civil Rights were only still glittering on the distance and would come soon enough whether Strom Thurmond was ever elected president or not.

So. Still thinking this is all sweet innocence and light?

And my God, comparing Lott's statement to discussing the "well Hitler loved dogs" angle? Do you even HAVE a thought that isn't first approved by the senate democrats?

He is correct that darker skin and a thicker ghetto dialect would make a candidate less palatable to many people in the United States....

So, you're saying that it's skin color that makes it possible for a minority to win the presidency???

Do you REALIZE how racist THAT statement is?

All presidents have to speak well. Even W spoke well... when not on a teleprompter. The inverse is true of Obama. He's brilliant at that.

because, like it or not, there remains a segment of the population that feels that way. don't be so fucking obtuse.... it is getting tedious.

You're right though, your racism is tedious. At least I can say I look for the content of one's character, not the color of their skin.

And I never bagged Lott for anything.... his own party pushed him out of his leadership position and Dubya didn't say a word in his defense when it looked inevitable.

Yep. There's a lot of RINOs out there trying to get on the Sunday Morning talk show circuit and keep in the Georgetown Cocktail party circuit. I fault them for having no spine, to this day. How they got elected in the first place, I still wonder. But they still gave in to political pressure from the left instead of standing up against the bullshit being flung at them like so much monkey feces.

Why is he correct?

Me obtuse??? You're a fucking lunatic!!!! How you don't see that as a slam to the rest of the african american population is incredible to me. The fact that you agree with Harry Reid makes you just as guilty as he is for having that opinion. I don't share your views. I think Obama could have been elected regardless if how dark he was. Because I think there is actually a stronger acceptance of racial differences among those who voted for the man...those who didn't vote for him were against MANY things. Race was one of them. His social stance was another...and probably bigger reason...his lack of experience in ALL things presidential was probably the biggest.

So don't preach that bullshit about dems wouldn't vote for the democratic candidate because he was too dark...or too ebonic. What a crock of shit! And and insult to BO.

But there is one thing we agree on...your insistence on ignorance and racism is VERY VERY tedious.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was about trying to tear down Ronald Reagan because he used the word "negro" at some point.

You don't need to tear down Reagan for saying negro, just look at his presidency. Up until Baby Bush I thought he was the worst president in my lifetime.... I thought there was no way that would be beat. Funny how the past 15-20 years revisionist history seems to say otherwise. At the time, most people I know thought he was a mindless idiot, which was tempered somewhat when it was found out he had Alzheimer's....

"The then-Illinois senator was described, in private, by the Nevada senator as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." " Harry Reid

I find this quite racist if you want to get clinical about it. Can I overlook it? Absolutely. Will I? Nope, because of Trent Lott being run out of town, and now you want to say, "oh it was a mistake." This was said in an era where we're told that a white person can't say the N-Bomb, but black rappers can do it all the time. Hypocrisy seems to be the name of the game, but I ,for one, am not going to go along to get along.

This is only a few decades removed from saying "hey boy!" as far as I'm concerned. Despicable. But then again, I fully believe him to be slime of the first order.

"I want to say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years either." Trent Lott

Huh... when looking stuff over, the Dixiecrat party was a states rights party mostly. This was also the era of Bull Connor and George Wallace. Civil Rights were only still glittering on the distance and would come soon enough whether Strom Thurmond was ever elected president or not.

And my God, comparing Lott's statement to discussing the "well Hitler loved dogs" angle? Do you even HAVE a thought that isn't first approved by the senate democrats?

Strom Thurmond was a horrid racist in 1948. He would have enacted horrid things if he had been elected. Saying we would be better today if that had happened is SICK. Talking about the merits of his economic policy while overlooking his profound racism is INSANE.

And as I said, you can think that Reid's statement is racist, but I don't share your belief.

Neither does noted conservative thinker George Will, by the way.

oh...and listen asshole... all my thoughts are my own. I do all my own research... I read the dixiecrat platform back in college. I have studied this stuff for four decades. Go fuck yourself.

we're done.

those who didn't vote for him were against MANY things.

Make him a fiscal Conservative Libertarian and I'd have fucking P-BO lawn ornaments for the next 4-8 years if he did what he promised. He could be gay too then for all I cared.

Strom Thurmond was a horrid racist in 1948. He would have enacted horrid things if he had been elected. Saying we would be better today if that had happened is SICK. Talking about the merits of his economic policy while overlooking his profound racism is INSANE.

And as I said, you can think that Reid's statement is racist, but I don't share your belief.

oh...and listen asshole... all my thoughts are my own. I do all my own research... I read the dixiecrat platform back in college. I have studied this stuff for four decades. Go fuck yourself.

we're done.
Time for me to take a page from the lib playbook... just to be irritating.

Yaaay... you quit first, you lose. :funnyface: :rolleyes:

My stance doesn't change. Both heads on platters or no heads on the platters.

Why is he correct?

Me obtuse??? You're a fucking lunatic!!!! How you don't see that as a slam to the rest of the african american population is incredible to me. The fact that you agree with Harry Reid makes you just as guilty as he is for having that opinion. I don't share your views. I think Obama could have been elected regardless if how dark he was. Because I think there is actually a stronger acceptance of racial differences among those who voted for the man...those who didn't vote for him were against MANY things. Race was one of them. His social stance was another...and probably bigger reason...his lack of experience in ALL things presidential was probably the biggest.

So don't preach that bullshit about dems wouldn't vote for the democratic candidate because he was too dark...or too ebonic. What a crock of shit! And and insult to BO.

But there is one thing we agree on...your insistence on ignorance and racism is VERY VERY tedious.

if it is a slam, it is on the racist whites (I never suggested that they were democrats) who would vote based upon skin tone.

and that is not my OPINION. It is an observation based upon historical facts. Go look at photographs of black politicians elected in predominately white districts and states. YOu tell ME what is distinctive about their appearance. I'll wait

we're done.
Time for me to take a page from the lib playbook... just to be irritating.

Yaaay... you quit first, you lose. :funnyface: :rolleyes:

My stance doesn't change. Both heads on platters or no heads on the platters.

who gives a fuck what YOUR stance is?:razz:

you're an idiot.

I'm going to bed...I have to be on a plane at 8 tomorrow morning.

who gives a fuck what YOUR stance is?

you're an idiot.

I'm going to bed...I have to be on a plane at 8 tomorrow morning.

Apparently you did till exposed.

Yaaaayyyy I still win. :lol: :funnyface: :rolleyes:

if it is a slam, it is on the racist whites (I never suggested that they were democrats) who would vote based upon skin tone.

and that is not my OPINION. It is an observation based upon historical facts. Go look at photographs of black politicians elected in predominately white districts and states. YOu tell ME what is distinctive about their appearance. I'll wait

How long will you wait?? LOL...seriously? I don't have time to do stupid shit like you. I don't need pictures to prove my point...well, at least not to any SANE person.

How can it not be your opinion if you AGREE with Reid?? Damn!

No you didn't suggest they were democrats...but it's pretty obvious. Oh wait...you don't see the obvious. I forgot. Ironically, Lott didn't suggest we wouldn't have so many blacks if Strom had been elected POTUS. But I'm sure you don't see the connection.

For all of you in the forum who were giving me a hard time over my position that what harry reid did was an insult on all americans why don't you watch this video and listen to what the black americans in it have to say.

If you can't stand beck and wont watch it I understand...and for you just know that they agreed that it was an insult to all americans.

The audience also does not conisder america a racist nation (Except for one man) but they do acknowledge there is racism in america (duh)

So to those of you calling me ingenuine, wrong, and fake for my feelings on it...KISS MY ASS

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4rRZIXvcVw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4yCiRdKZbg[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back