Ronald Reagan Granted Amnesty to 30% Of All Illegals In The Country

'Course he was a Democrat in spirit and a Republican in name only:

In Nov. 1986 Reagan signed a bill which granted amnesty to 2.5 million illegals in this country.

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 | Ask.com Encyclopedia

In brief the act:[1]

required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status.
made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants.
granted amnesty to certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants.
granted amnesty to illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously.

If the democrat Congress followed through with what was supposed to happen under Reagan, we wouldn't have this problem today.
Give amnesty and close the borders. That is what was supposed to happen. Instead the democrat Congress gave amnesty and walked away from closing the border.

That is why the republicans want to close the border then deal with the illegal problem that we have in this country. Seems the libs want the amnesty and repeat the big mistake that happened under Reagan.

That was the deal. Democrats as per-usual didn't honor thier own agreement(s).

Nothing has changed.

I guess it's hard for the libs to argue with the ACTUAL FACTS in regards to what happened to Reagan's dealing with the immigration problem. :eusa_whistle:

If the democrat Congress followed through with what was supposed to happen under Reagan, we wouldn't have this problem today.
Give amnesty and close the borders. That is what was supposed to happen. Instead the democrat Congress gave amnesty and walked away from closing the border.

That is why the republicans want to close the border then deal with the illegal problem that we have in this country. Seems the libs want the amnesty and repeat the big mistake that happened under Reagan.

That was the deal. Democrats as per-usual didn't honor thier own agreement(s).

Nothing has changed.

I guess it's hard for the libs to argue with the ACTUAL FACTS in regards to what happened to Reagan's dealing with the immigration problem. :eusa_whistle:

Reagan did what he did on good faith...he got BIT.

They bite, and for fun, they rewrite history. ;)

They pretend they didn't mean anything as they revise history for thier power. ;)

What they miss is that Truth always catches up to them for TRUTH has no agenda.

Rewrites therefore do them no good.

They pretend they didn't mean anything as they revise history for thier power. ;)

I don't know about that. Cammmpbell seems to be as creative as Winston Smith. :lol:

LMAO!!!! Here we go back to the Alamo. Since it's so handy maybe the draft dodger George W. Bush can pull his weight this time.

you liberals stand for nothing... even selling out your own country

American liberals will always have a reason to fight against deportation, or any enforcement of our immigration laws. You'll never see them asking for secure borders. They simply have no more love for their country than they do for any other country. Any form of nationalism is dispicable to them. They will say they love their country, but the truth is they are for open or no borders.

Liberals generally see themselves as citizens of the world and don't approve of any country having borders.

I don't know about that. Cammmpbell seems to be as creative as Winston Smith. :lol:

Even truth overcomes creativity in any form. :)

Humans either deal with truth or rewrite it to suit...TRUTH remains constant.

'Course he was a Democrat in spirit and a Republican in name only:

In Nov. 1986 Reagan signed a bill which granted amnesty to 2.5 million illegals in this country.

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 | Ask.com Encyclopedia

In brief the act:[1]

required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status.
made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants.
granted amnesty to certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants.
granted amnesty to illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously.

This is rebuttal? Wrong THEN...wrong NOW.:eusa_hand:

Indeed.

As we all know from having heard Barak Hussein sermonized during the past 4 years, we have had "THE GREATEST ECONOMIC TRAGEDY THIS COUNTRY HAS SEEN SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION."

How does adding illegal aliens to the workfore help this situation? Beats Me, but it happened before;

By 1986 the employment picture was much improved over the previous 3 years (it had spiked to over 10% in 1983)

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet
And after granting amnesty, unemployment continued to decline from about 7% to around 5% in 1989.

Maybe Barak Hussein is trying to be Reagan?

Frankly, the amnesty change has such little impact on US unemployment numbers, that I cannot imagine it is any more that a political stunt designed to heard stray hispanic voters who may be attracted to a Rubio Republican VP candidacy.

Last edited:

Sure but from one generation to the next the truth changes. Or do you believe in witches, virgin birth and resurrection the way primitive mankind did

That little witches fiasco only caused a few hundred thousand innocent women to be tortured and put to death. That spell of truth ran from ancient times til the trials at Salem Mass. about 1700....think of that...only 300 odd years ago.

Sure but from one generation to the next the truth changes. Or do you believe in witches, virgin birth and resurrection the way primitive mankind did

That little witches fiasco only caused a few hundred thousand innocent women to be tortured and put to death. That spell of truth ran from ancient times til the trials at Salem Mass. about 1700....think of that...only 300 odd years ago.

:eusa_eh:

So, now that you've derailed your own thread, should I unsubscrbe to it....

That is what the libs think, but as we all know, the truth is stationary and fixed.
The truth......when Reagan passed the amnesty bill, the borders were supposed to be closed. The democrat Congress didn't follow up.

But thanks for that part of the trials of Salem...very interesting. Don't know if it was part of the OP or not, but thanks anyways. :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_eh:

So, now that you've derailed your own thread, should I unsubscrbe to it....
:lol:

That is what the libs think, but as we all know, the truth is stationary and fixed.
The truth......when Reagan passed the amnesty bill, the borders were supposed to be closed. The democrat Congress didn't follow up.

But thanks for that part of the trials of Salem...very interesting. Don't know if it was part of the OP or not, but thanks anyways. :eusa_whistle:

TRUTH escapes the weak-minded like the OP.

WHY do YOU deflect from your OWN OP?

Take yer meds.

Forum List

Back