Ronald Reagan could ACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Watched him on Retro TV.

Was in a Suspense TV movie in 1964 (2 years before he became Calif Gov) - called "A Cruel and Unusual Night."

He gets abducted and threatened with murder by this guy who he sentenced to death as a judge -the guy gets his sentence commted to life at the last moment in the gas chamber -breaks out later on - and then abducts Reagan.

The Gippers last full feature film was also in 1964 - "The Killers" co-starring Lee Marvin and Angie Dickenson.

After that - he changed from a Democrat to a Republican - became gov of Calif in 1966 -and was even a dark-horse candidate for the GOP presidential nominee in 1968.

You know the rest......................

And he was great on teleprompters. I had a friend who was a teleprompter operator for Reagan way back when.

Remember Reagan's line from the killers about never trusting North, North was always a backstabber?
Prophetic?

Last edited:
Libs tried to make out Reagan to be a failed b-grade actor - brought up Bedtime for Bonzo.

Practically ever actor with the exception of Lawrence Olivier acted in some turkeys.

Did some credible stuff - like Knute Rockne All-American, Kings Row, Desparate Journey with Errol Flynn, countless propoganda flagwavers during WW2.

Bedtime for Bonzo was better than anything Swartinager ever did - can't even prounounce the name of the state he was elected gov of (although an improvement over Grey Davis )

Cant run for president

Last edited:
Shows what a stand-up guy the Gipper was.

In the TV Movie (2 years before he becomes gov of Calif) -he is about to be shot in the head -but refuses to give in the his abducters demands . Doesn't bat an eye.

Could have easily spent the rest of his years being a credible actor instead of being governor of Calif and then the President of the United State.

But he felt he had a higher calling.

All of his co -actors loved him.

Was aclaimed The Greatest American of the 20th Century in one poll.

Last edited:
Reagan wasn't acting when he said to George Bush Sr "I paid for this microphone" or when he said "Mr Gorbachov TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!!"

Ahh the worship of a human being....

Now if he looked like some of the ladies Samson posts.....
but this is just too gay for me.
Not that gay is bad, just bad for me.

The same steely resolve Reagan portyayed in the TV movie ( which he probably dindt remember years later) - when he didnt back down when he was about to be shot between the eyes - is the same steely resolve that he showed when America was on the ropes in the post-Carter years confronting the Evil Empire - the Soviet Union.

You can't act that.

(Honey, I forgot to duck) quip to wife after escaping an assn attempt.

Oh and your ilk is oh so innocent of making a messiah out of a nobody. At least Reagan had achievements BEFORE becoming senator or president.

Are you on a hypocrisy drip lately? You seem to be corking out the hypocritical juices quite a bit lately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back