Ronald Reagan and The Children

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
The Great Trickledownalater gave two speeches to school children during his acting tour as President.

Both of them pushed his tax cuts for the rich.

Go figure. Must be a liberal thing.:lol:

The Great Trickledownalater gave two speeches to school children during his acting tour as President.
Did he distribute visual aids to the teachers before hand?
Did he tell the teachers to pin up "Talking Points" on the walls?

Obamas' a douche just like you gayboy.

The amazing point is that we had a president who created a lie in order to go to war, ordered torture and denied basic human rights.

Republicans have no problem subjecting their children to him

wow we have a president that want to talk to the children about the importance of education, the nerve. These people don't like him and they have no respect for the President of their country.
While reagan talked about the economy and Bush used it has a way to jump off his campaign for the war on drugs.

President Ronald Reagan spoke to the nation's high school students from a North Carolina school in May 1986, and President George H.W. Bush, speaking from the White House library, did the same in September 1989. Neither address piqued partisan outrage, despite that fact that both covered somewhat more controversial subjects than Obama will undertake.

Reagan talked about his hopes for the economy and a restored national defense. "The poor are now increasingly able to dig themselves out of poverty, and that's been good economic news," he said. Bush used his time before the nation's young people to introduce a new, $8 billion anti-drug campaign.

Why Obama ought to go to school with your kid on Tuesday - Bakersfield.com

What does the resistance to Obama speaking to children say about the attitudes of parents?

They don't trust him.

Why don't they trust him?

I think we all know that answer and it's not because he's black.

The amazing point is that we had a president who created a lie in order to go to war, ordered torture and denied basic human rights.

Republicans have no problem subjecting their children to him

You must be talking about your country, not America.

Where are you from again, liar?

You can thank state school boards and NCLB for visual aids and hand outs. NO TEACHER is allowed to teach or show anything these days unless it is curriculum based and or has a MEASURABLE assessment attached to it. The days of watching someone speak without a handout or written activity following state mandated guidelines (usually several pages) are long gone.

What does the resistance to Obama speaking to children say about the attitudes of parents?

They don't trust him.

I remember when George Bush Sr gave the address about the war on drugs to school children, my parents did not stop me from listening to it even though they didn't trust the guy.
It says more about the parents then it does Obama.

No, it shows that they are afraid of him. Afraid of him telling the other side of the story. It is very similar to those who have attended the townhalls with the simple plan of not letting the speaker talk. Chickenshits all.

The current RNC has lost its moral compass. It is a party in denial lead by a bunch of old white guys from the south.

:lol::lol::lol: LOL! And I bet no one kept their kids away from him...only "conservatives" think so poorly of their parenting abilities that they fear exposing their children to an elected official.

I wonder how badly it's going to backfire on them when little Johnny sneaks out to get his fix of Obama.:eusa_angel: "Mommy, why are you censoring freedom of expression?"

They don't trust him.

I have no problem with a president meeting with school children and discussing the constitution, the different branches of the government, the electoral college, the way things work, even history or current events. Provided it's done to educate, not indoctrinate, and it's carefully neutral.

Papering the schools with propaganda is beyond the pale, as is "preparing" the teachers, who in turn are to "prepare" the kids, if that's what is happening.

There's nothing funnier than watching a high-level politician fielding questions from uncoached kids.

There's nothing scarier than watching a high-level politician attempting to program them.

Where's the link to Reagan trying to indcotrinate kids?

You can thank state school boards and NCLB for visual aids and hand outs. NO TEACHER is allowed to teach or show anything these days unless it is curriculum based and or has a MEASURABLE assessment attached to it. The days of watching someone speak without a handout or written activity following state mandated guidelines (usually several pages) are long gone.

Is Obama a teacher? What does that have to do with propaganda?

Never mind. It's the public school system. WTF was I thinking?

They don't trust him.

I have no problem with a president meeting with school children and discussing the constitution, the different branches of the government, the electoral college, the way things work, even history or current events. Provided it's done to educate, not indoctrinate, and it's carefully neutral.

Papering the schools with propaganda is beyond the pale, as is "preparing" the teachers, who in turn are to "prepare" the kids, if that's what is happening.

There's nothing funnier than watching a high-level politician fielding questions from uncoached kids.

There's nothing scarier than watching a high-level politician attempting to program them.

Where's the link to Reagan trying to indcotrinate kids?
where is the link Obama is going to do anything but talk about the importance of education?
You guys spin it and then start to believe it.

he is gong to give them a talk about staying in school and how education is important for them, the address is not suppose to be very long.
You know how many times when I was in school we got addresses from Barbara Bush on education, my parents for one didn't really care and they would have never taken me out of school.
I think I would rather have my President talk to my children about education then the war on drugs that we will never win.

Forum List

Back