Ronald Reagan: A WARNING To Future Generations

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
One of the best men to ever hold the office. Listen to what he says...He always knew...he understood how fragile our form of government is, what it takes to hold onto it, defend it, and the resiliancy of a free people...are we starting to see a course correction in our present state affairs?
eusa_think.gif

And Now we have references from the Statists as Obama in comparison...

Are the Statist Democrats so vapid that they have to latch on to Reagan to get their agenda going?

Why would Obama refer to one of the people he HATED (As referenced in his book)

Reference:
’83 Obama Hated Reagan, Wanted Change

SO? Why now the references...the adulation of the left of Reagan? Remember? We were reminded on these boards...in the MEDIA...The 'ERA OF REAGAN WAS OVER...'?

Debunking the Reagan Myth

Really?

Why the reference by Obama and the media then?

Do you Statists think that we a the people are so stupid that we would NOT remember these references?

Answer the question...WHY have Obama and the Leftists Likened Obama to REAGAN...latched onto REAGAN?

After all/ During the 80's? Reagan was fodder...Reagan was gonna 'Blow UP the world by calling the Soviets "The Evil Empire"...

The Berlin WALL came down...didn't it? The Soviet Society came to a screeching HALT...

Statism was put into question...Socilaism, Communism, Marxism...was put in check...

Enter 2008...Obama Elected...2010...Obama Rejected...

And Obama in the 2011 SOTU speech latches onto someone that Obama HATES...The left hates, and has hated...I was there as the left was afraid that Reagan was gonna blow us all up....

And Reagan is now the 'bees knees' according to the left...

2011-01-27MSNBCMJTime-ObamaReagan.jpg

(Image: NEWSBUSTERS )

Watch the following...and YOU tell me if Obama sounds like Reagan?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVsq2daR8Q&feature=player_embedded"]Farewell Speech - President Reagan's Farewell Speech from the Oval Office 1/11/89 [/ame]

Even remotely resembles the man that Obama HATES? (By his own writings)...

To you leftists? You've stepped over a huge line...

And you have shown yourselves to be as disingenuous as ever...and quite frankly?

LIARS that no one in history can touch save for the Soviets that I'm sure you all have studied and admired.

To you gathered leftists? Your audacity is disingenuous..,.and repugnant...,.

Last edited:
One of the best men to ever hold the office. Listen to what he says...He always knew...he understood how fragile our form of government is, what it takes to hold onto it, defend it, and the resiliancy of a free people...are we starting to see a course correction in our present state affairs?
eusa_think.gif

Are the Statist Democrats so vapid that they have to latch on to Reagan to get their agenda going?

Reference:

SO? Why now the references...the adulation of the left of Reagan? Remember? We were reminded on these boards...in the MEDIA...The 'ERA OF REAGAN WAS OVER...'?

Really?

Do you Statists think that we a the people are so stupid that we would NOT remember these references?

Answer the question...WHY have Obama and the Leftists Likened Obama to REAGAN...latched onto REAGAN?

After all/ During the 80's? Reagan was fodder...Reagan was gonna 'Blow UP the world by calling the Soviets "The Evil Empire"...

The Berlin WALL came down...didn't it? The Soviet Society came to a screeching HALT...

Statism was put into question...Socilaism, Communism, Marxism...was put in check...

And Obama in the 2011 SOTU speech latches onto someone that Obama HATES...The left hates, and has hated...I was there as the left was afraid that Reagan was gonna blow us all up....

Farewell Speech - President Reagan's Farewell Speech from the Oval Office 1/11/89

And you have shown yourselves to be as disingenuous as ever...and quite frankly?

LIARS that no one in history can touch save for the Soviets that I'm sure you all have studied and admired.

The media started back in 2008 to insinuate that obama was starting to look like Ronald Reagan. I laughed at them, obama isn't worthy enough to tie Ronald Reagan shoes. Much less to try and fill them.

Yeah! Reagan was a real conservative.

-would never have granted amnesty to any immigrants. Take a look at the Immigration Reform and Control Act he passed...oops

-would never want to abolish all nuclear weapons (including ours)...oops

-he would never have borrowed to make up for spending by the federal government, bringing the deficit from $700billion to $3trillion...oops

I don't get the worship of Reagan. He wasn't a bad president, but he wasn't amazing either.

Ronald Reagan: A WARNING To Future Generations

Yeah he was, the problem is we did not heed the warning too well and elected Bush.

-would never have granted amnesty to any immigrants. Take a look at the Immigration Reform and Control Act he passed...oops

-he would never have borrowed to make up for spending by the federal government, bringing the deficit from $700billion to $3trillion...oops

I don't get the worship of Reagan. He wasn't a bad president, but he wasn't amazing either.

Yes he did, he allowed Cubans a chance to com here to leave a communist country. Thing about what he did was only supposed to be a one time deal, it fasiled so now you want us to do it for 30 million? And exactly what communist country are they coming from?

It must be making Obama sick to have move so far to the center and with false pretenses. He is a far-left progressive in his heart and will return...

The comparisons between Obama and Reagan that I have seen compare Obama's style of communication. They both use incidents in lives of real people to drive home their point. They use similar techniques to establish a connection with their audience. Plus both are skilled orators. The similarity ends there. No two politicians could be ideologically further apart.

Yes he did, he allowed Cubans a chance to com here to leave a communist country. Thing about what he did was only supposed to be a one time deal, it fasiled so now you want us to do it for 30 million? And exactly what communist country are they coming from?

Let's be accurate here: the amnesty was for those who were already illegal here to have a path at citizenship-the act did NOT allow future illegals to do so. That's just a fact.

However Cubans who reach the shore are still (to this day) allowed to stay here, so long they declare themselves, and follow the proper procedures-and they can become American citizens after a while (living in Florida-I know several people who have done so since 1986). Remember Elian Gonzalez? The uproar wasn't how he got here-the issue was that he wasn't an adult, if he was he could have legally stayed. So it's not accurate to say the amnesty was solely for those who escaped a communist country.

And I never said I want it for the illegals here now. In fact nowhere in my post did I state any of my own personal political positions. I was simply keeping things into perspective when it pertains to Reagan-that's all.

The only thing I'm aware of is that Obama said he wanted to be transformative and harness the broad middle (like Reagan did). I don't EVER recall Obama saying that he thought Reagan's policies were good for the country.

Reagan shredded the Constitution by selling arms to Iran in order to fund violent & ruthless insurgents in South America. He also created a pattern of structural deficits that this nation has never recovered from. [Have you compared Reagan & Carter's deficits? Reagan was the first president to completely abandon "pay-as-you-go" -- his tax policies left the country perpetually underfunded, resulting in ever-increasing debt to China. Let me put this another way: he didn't cut government to pay for his tax cuts; he grew it twice as big as Carter. For every dollar he pulled out of social programs, he put 1,000 in absurdities like Star Wars. He was a fiscal nightmare ] He also created the modern Lobbying State, which made it easier for corporations to buy government. His vision of globalism -- i.e., Washington in control of global markets, which required a massive Pentagon bureaucracy and bases all over the globe -- centralized more power in Government than LBJ could ever have dreamed.

Worse: with his destruction of the Sherman Act and his war against anti-trust regulations, he ushered in an era of mega-mergers, from too-big-to-fail banks to media consolidation (i.e., a criminal centralization of power over the nation's finances and informational mediums). His deregulation revolution lead to the S&L meltdown and paved the way for Enron and the eventual fall of Glass-Stegal + the Wall Street meltdown (which meltdown was conveniently blamed on the poor... as AIG and Goldman slithered into the night with trillions in mortgaged backed ponzi fraud).

With his Labor policies and his transformation of government to serve only corporations, Reagan set in a motion the eventual insolvency of the middle class. Under Reagan, not only did the government go from creditor to a debtor nation, but average Americans began to rely more on debt than income to fuel consumption. And guess what happens when you fuel consumption with Master Cards for 30 years? You break the bank. Which is to say: from 1962 to 1983 the average household net worth of the bottom 40% grew from $800 to $47,000. By the time Reagan left office in 1989, that same group's net worth was NEGATIVE $4,100 aka debt, debt, debt. His presidency was a disaster for all but the wealthiest Americans.

The special interest machine that benefited from his policies funded the Reagan Legacy Project, which was designed to mythologize Reagan. They completely rewrote the balance sheet of his presidency to sell the effectiveness of his supply side trickle down voodoo. There was for years an army of Talk Radio Republicans who thought Carter spent more than Reagan. These people got their history from professional liers like Mark Levine, Hannity, and Limbaugh - all shills for a machine which runs a never-ending cycle of propaganda about death panels, mushroom clouds, Pat Tillman, & Obama's mysterious love of Reagan.

The reason this country died is not because George Bush used the housing market to fuel a dead economy, it's because Movement Conservatism was able to fool people about one of the most disastrous presidencies in this nation's history. Had people truly understood what the Reagan Revolution did to the middle class, America could have changed course before falling off the cliff.

Last edited:
Obama IS kinda like Reagan if you think about it... both come to power during economic crises... both run up massive deficits... both are/were selling armaments to unsavory regimes around the world... And who knows, maybe in his second terms he'll follow Reagan's footsteps and invade small Caribbean islands and funding 'freedom' terrorists in Central America, catch Alzheimer's and have his astronomer run the show for a while.

Let's be accurate here: the amnesty was for those who were already illegal here to have a path at citizenship-the act did NOT allow future illegals to do so. That's just a fact.

However Cubans who reach the shore are still (to this day) allowed to stay here, so long they declare themselves, and follow the proper procedures-and they can become American citizens after a while (living in Florida-I know several people who have done so since 1986). Remember Elian Gonzalez? The uproar wasn't how he got here-the issue was that he wasn't an adult, if he was he could have legally stayed. So it's not accurate to say the amnesty was solely for those who escaped a communist country.

And I never said I want it for the illegals here now. In fact nowhere in my post did I state any of my own personal political positions. I was simply keeping things into perspective when it pertains to Reagan-that's all.

Let's be even more accurate it was created for a people who left a country that were oppressing them, it was created for a people that were fleeing a country that took away their rights. Mexico allow their people to move around without question. Even their President wants them to e allowed to come here unrestricted.
One more facts it was supposed to be a one time deal never to happen again. 1.6 MILLION was the cut off number. It failed so now the democrats want to do it again for 30 millions. Seems the democrats want to get going with failing programs.

Let's be even more accurate it was created for a people who left a country that were oppressing them, it was created for a people that were fleeing a country that took away their rights. Mexico allow their people to move around without question. Even their President wants them to e allowed to come here unrestricted.
One more facts it was supposed to be a one time deal never to happen again. 1.6 MILLION was the cut off number. It failed so now the democrats want to do it again for 30 millions. Seems the democrats want to get going with failing programs.

The cut off was not 1.6, and about 2.8million were granted amnesty. It wasn't solely for Cubans, although the pathway to citizenship was made easier for them (and Haitians for that matter). But the main part of the bill was aimed towards agricultural working immigrants.

Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986

Section 302.

"(B) PERFORMANCE OF SEASONAL AGRICULTURAL SERVICES AND RESIDENCE IN THE UNITED STATES. -- The alien must establish that he has --

"(i) resided in the United States, and

"(ii) performed seasonal agricultural services in the United States for at least 90 man-days,

during the 12-month period ending on May 1, 1986. For purposes of the previous sentence, performance of seasonal agricultural services in the United States for more than one employer on any one day shall be counted as performance of services for only 1 man-day.

"(2) ADJUSTMENT TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE. -- The Attorney General shall adjust the status of any alien provided lawful temporary resident status under paragraph (1) to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence on the following date:

"(A) GROUP 1. -- Subject to the numerical limitation established under subparagraph (C), in the case of an alien who has established, at the time of application for temporary residence under paragraph (1), that the alien performed seasonal agricultural services in the United States for at least 90 man-days during each of the 12-month periods ending on May 1, 1984, 1985, and 1986, the adjustment shall occur on the first day after the end of the one- year period that begins on the later of (I) the date the alien was granted such temporary resident status, or (II) the day after the last day of the application period described in paragraph (1)(A).

"(B) GROUP 2. -- In the case of aliens to which subparagraph (A) does not apply, the adjustment shall occur on the day after the last day of the two- year period that begins on the later of (I) the date the alien was granted such temporary resident status, or (II) the day after the last day of the application period described in paragraph (1)(A).

Doesn't mention anything about having to be from a particular country.

One of the best men to ever...

Ronald Reagan, one of the best men to benefit from the hatred of the 80s Radical Right, The New Right of their future, the Right Wing Lunacy we see today, . :eusa_shhh:

"During my opposition to the Vietnam War, the religious segment of the Radical Right attacked not only my patriotistism, but the authenticity of my personal Christian faith. It is a tactic of the Radical Right to impugn the personality and character of its foes. And I can testify that these kinds of attacks are the most difficult for the politician to absorb."
Former Republican Senator Mark O. Hatfield in the Foreword to The Fear Brokers: Peddling the Hate Politics of the New Right, by Thomas McIntyre, 1979

The media started back in 2008 to insinuate that obama was starting to look like Ronald Reagan. I laughed at them, obama isn't worthy enough to tie Ronald Reagan shoes. Much less to try and fill them.

REAGAN: Lou Cannon 1982 great book. It was written before the revisionism that is The Reagan Legacy took hold of America's fragile mind.

:eusa_whistle:

eusa_think.gif

Reference:

Really?

Farewell Speech - President Reagan's Farewell Speech from the Oval Office 1/11/89

They LOST the Lincoln Reference...so who's next as Great Presidents/Real Leaders go?

Interesting that too even they have abondoned FDR... isn't it?

Renaldus Magnus...Best POTUS of the 20th Century.

REAGAN: Lou Cannon 1982 great book. It was written before the revisionism that is The Reagan Legacy took hold of America's fragile mind.

:eusa_whistle:

And it was fragile because of what preceeded him...Jimmah Catah...an abject FAILURE.

Obama will follow the same path with larger magnatude as Jimmah.

eusa_think.gif

Reference:

Really?

They LOST the Lincoln Reference...so who's next as Great Presidents/Real Leaders go?

Interesting that too even they have abondoned FDR... isn't it?

Renaldus Magnus...Best POTUS of the 20th Century.

It's surprising they haven't tried to imply him to be something like a Washington The father of a new nation.:lol:

Forum List

Back