Ron Reagan

nosarcasm

Jul 15, 2004
Idaho
What a disgrace, first he uses his dads name to promote the cellstem research, now he is working for MSNBC pushing the Democratic agenda.
He has the right to voice his opinion but he clearly only got the job
because his dad was one of the great presidents of our time. I am sure
he is aware that his name recognition might influence some less informed
conservative voters. I wonder what his family thinks about him now.

nosarcasm said:
He has the right to voice his opinion but he clearly only got the job because his dad was one of the great presidents of our time. I am sure he is aware that his name recognition might influence some less informed conservative voters. I wonder what his family thinks about him now.

I do wonder what George Sr. thinks about his son now. The father launches military strike in Iraq because he was opposed to pre-emptive, unilateral, wars of aggression. The son launches pre-emptive, unilateral, war of aggression.

Oh..we were talking about Reagan.

Nevermind.

Well after Saddam sent a hitsquad to kill him in Kuwait during the celebrations
of the liberation he might have changed his mind and regret he did not
support the rebellion against Saddam more activly. At that time shortly
after the end of the cold war he had all the support you could possibly have.
Now that the Europeans do not need the US support anymore they are less
likely to go out of their way to support the Us.

nakedemperor said:
I do wonder what George Sr. thinks about his son now. The father launches military strike in Iraq because he was opposed to pre-emptive, unilateral, wars of aggression. The son launches pre-emptive, unilateral, war of aggression.

Nevermind.

You know what? I think your momma ate waaaay too much granola while she was carrying you. That's the only reasonable explanation for that left wing defect that you have.

nakedemperor said:

Nevermind.

Naked, you're not at your best tonight.
Father is looking to son to finish the job he DIDN'T finish. If HW had dismantled the Republic Army in Iraq and continued the quest for Saddam Hussain we wouldn't be in this Iraq war today...

As far as Ron Reagan. Isn't he that guy that commentates on the Westminster Dog Show every year??? ;)
:whip:

nosarcasm said:
he clearly only got the job
because his dad was president
Same can be said of G.W. for every job he ever got, including his coveted position in the Texas Air National Guard.

While i deffinately disagree with what Ron's doing im not going to say anything negative out of respect for his father.

White knight said:
Same can be said of G.W. for every job he ever got, including his coveted position in the Texas Air National Guard.

:link: :link: :link:

back it up with proof!!! oh, wait...you can't because what you posted is a LIE.

money certainly gives more options in life, and does help influence certain aspect. But Bush's ranking in the ANG is purely his own work. This is because you have to EARN flying ranks. You can't buy experience behind the stick. it takes many hours of training and skill to fly a military plane, especially the F-series jets.

You can't be a retard and fly those planes. You need math skills, physical strength, and a steady hand. They test you often, and are making you log hours, and you have to log a certain number of hours to keep your rank/score until you are discharged.

My grandfather flew them for 10 years in the Air Force. If I hadn't needed corrective lenses, I would probably be in the Gulf right now, kicking terrorist ass.

Just because GWB has a father that was Prez, does NOT mean he paid Bush's way to the position.

isn't it a strawman argument anyway. None of us doubts that
personal connections helps with your careers. But I feel it is
impropriate to stand against anything publically my dad stood for.

nosarcasm said:
isn't it a strawman argument anyway. None of us doubts that
personal connections helps with your careers. But I feel it is
impropriate to stand against anything publically my dad stood for.

Especially now that he's too DEAD to react to those statements.

fuzzykitten99 said:
back it up with proof!!! oh, wait...you can't because what you posted is a LIE.

money certainly gives more options in life, and does help influence certain aspect. But Bush's ranking in the ANG is purely his own work.

Just because GWB has a father that was Prez, does NOT mean he paid Bush's way to the position.
You obviously don’t have a clue,

Ben Barnes Texas house speaker, admits making the call for the Senators son to get him in the ANG.
Ben Barnes admits this on camera during an interview. Typically there is a waiting list of 3-4 years to get a coveted Guard billet on safe American soil, away from Vietnam.
Watch the man say it in his own words, www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/choice2004/view/

Before his Texas Rangers deal he was a write off, The Rangers deal was handed to him to put him in good standing for public office, his partner talks about this in an interview. He is a manufactured product of a brilliant political consultant and wealthy Republican Party members, it’s all documented, and it’s no big secret. The press core, people in political circles, they all talk about it openly in interviews.

It does not get allot of play with the little people, their attention span can’t focus long enough to listen.

yeah, we all know Ben Barnes is a credible source who has never done anything even slightly suspicious. *cough*memogate*cough*

theim said:
yeah, we all know Ben Barnes is a credible source who has never done anything even slightly suspicious. *cough*memogate*cough*

Typical GOP response, attack the messenger,
Still does not explain how G.W. moved to the top of the list and did not have to wait several years, or even address the fact that he was a coward looking for another way to Dodge the Draft, or that he did not even fulfill his six year commitment. He requested a early out and got it, he was removed from flight status for failing to take a physical. Big deal once he left Texas and got to Alabama he stopped showing up for drill anyway.
But you will continue to defend this piece of honorable crap.
Are these the values of the GOP, rely on family connections, slack off on responsibility, not honor commitments?

White knight said:

:gay: Um, he's not a messenger. He's either a forger, or a gullible idiot. And you're one too for believing him despite his severe credibility problem.:sausage::sausage:

Still does not explain how G.W. moved to the top of the list and did not have to wait several years, or even address the fact that he was a coward looking for another way to Dodge the Draft,

Well, I know Kerry was drafted and sought a deferment. Was bush ever drafted?

or that he did not even fulfill his six year commitment.

He served the number of hours equivalent to a normal six years. If he had signed up for NG with Ben Barnes instead of ANG, he would only have served two years, and he wouldn't have had to risk his life on a manually controlled jetfighter.

He requested a early out and got it, he was removed from flight status for failing to take a physical.

Your quote; "Big deal." My sentiments exactly. He was honourably discharged.

I'm not the one defending Ben Barnes. :D

Are these the values of the GOP, rely on family connections, slack off on responsibility, not honor commitments?

Ask Ted Kennedy. :smoke:

White knight said:

If the witness isnt credible and he is the only source of the account why should we believe it?

Still does not explain how G.W. moved to the top of the list and did not have to wait several years, or even address the fact that he was a coward looking for another way to Dodge the Draft, or that he did not even fulfill his six year commitment.

Um he joined the national guard. how the hell is the dodging the draft. Most people dont dodge the draft by joining the freakin military. What kinda twisted logic is that.

Oh and if i understand correctly there wasnt a waiting list for commission officers.

He requested a early out and got it, he was removed from flight status for failing to take a physical. Big deal once he left Texas and got to Alabama he stopped showing up for drill anyway.

He had enough points to qualify for six years of service in two years! He then continued to qualify for the next five years. he more than finished his service

Yeah funny how i tend to defend honorable "pieces of crap" Id rather be seen standing with someone honorable then a indecisive pandering traitor any day of teh week.

Would you prefer we held the values of marry someone rich and then dont go to work at all?

White knight said:
Still does not explain how G.W. moved to the top of the list and did not have to wait several years, or even address the fact that he was a coward looking for another way to Dodge the Draft, or that he did not even fulfill his six year commitment. He requested a early out and got it, he was removed from flight status for failing to take a physical. Big deal once he left Texas and got to Alabama he stopped showing up for drill anyway.

Can you tell us why Kerry didn't get an honorable discharge until March 2001?
(That's like 30 years after the war.)

White knight said:

1.) I think it's perfectly appropriate to attack the messenger if he happens to be a lying sack of shit,

2.) President Bush's military records are absolutely, unreservedly open, since he signed Form 180, which,

3.) John Kerry won't.

Ok we can re-phrase that; he dodged the war by joining the ANG.
He was seeking to avoid combat. But has no problem with sending others into combat, even the Guard.

I’m not voting for Kerry, I’m voting for the other silver spooned P.O.S.

Still, no response on how he went straight from Yale into the ANG and avoided the long waiting list. I guess nobody else wanted to join the ANG to avoid combat, they all wanted to run off to Canada.
Is that how it works? You fulfill your contract through points, and not by years served. How many point would a grunt in the Sand Box need to override his Stop Loss order?

Anybody else served in the Armed Force and got a early graduation when they accumulated enough points?

So your fellow GOP member, Ben Barnes the Texas speaker of the House (friend of the Bush family) is a lying cowpie?
Forger, you don’t know what you are talking about. It’s hard to have a meaningful debate with someone who can’t keep up with the issue.
He forged nothing, The words come from his mouth, he admits to making the phone call, I guess back in those days it was unheard of for a Senators son to get deferments and special treatment.
Isn’t there a 60’s song about Vietnam with the lyrics “it ain’t me, it ain’t me, I aint no Senotors Son.”?

Why would Ben Barnes lie and bash another fellow republican?

New Topics

Forum List

Back