Ron Paul's New Ad: Catchy, but will it resinate or turn off voters?

I think it's an edgy and well put together and quick ad. It will keep the viewers attention that is fore-sure. But will it resonate with people. His supporters will obviously love it. But will independents (who will vote in both the primary and general election) approve of it.

Main theme: Ron Paul will cut $1 trillion year one, by getting rid of the Department of Education, Interior, Energy, Commerce and HUD (Housing and Urban Development)?

New Ron Paul Ad - BIG DOG - YouTube

We need to cut no doubt, but I think his stance will turn off alot of people. First, the Republicans will turned off by his defense cuts (CIA, FBI, DHS, INS, DEA, ISA etc). Second, I think the one's listed in the ad will turn off Independents.

Here's an even better question: "Who cares"? Ron Paul is every bit as insignificant in this year's GOP primary as he was in 2008. If he chooses to spend his and his supporters' money on this enterntainment, so be it.

It's a great ad! Hits all of Ron Pauls' major points in a way that gets a young persons attention.

You jelly? :lol:

Here's an even better question: "Who cares"? Ron Paul is every bit as insignificant in this year's GOP primary as he was in 2008. If he chooses to spend his and his supporters' money on this enterntainment, so be it.
Pay attention much?
Ron Paul has won a few straw polls and placed in the top three in others. One on line poll where he was leading was taken down! No MSM bias there.

You're gonna' vote for 4 more years of failure, massive deficits, endless wars and economic depression so why would your opinion count? :confused:

Last edited:
Drain a swamp? What a retarded analogy.
That's what Nancy Pelosi said when she took over as Speaker of the House a few years ago. "I'm gonna' drain the swamp!".

If "Drain the Swamp" also means "Double her own wealth", well then she succeeded.

Well I hope it works out. What made you not just shift over to Newt like so many others did?

Something about him doesn't sit with me. If people look at the mortgage meltdown it can come down to a few action which occurred during the Clinton years. (1) Community Reinvestment Act (forced banks to lend a percentage of their portfolio to lower spectrum people - meaning banks had to be creatively STUPID and offer the 0 down, stated loans),
That is the favorite lie of all racists. The CRA stopped banks from refusing loans to QUALIFIED minorities, but to racists all minorities are "lower spectrum people" and are never qualified for a loan.

It was Bush's Dec 2003 American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) that changed the rules to allow no down payment loans for more than the house was worth to people with bad credit who could not keep up with the payments and who were at least 20% below the standard of living for the neighborhood they were buying into. Bush owns the housing melt down and the timeline proves it. Subprime mortgages accounted for 9 percent of all mortgage originations from 1996 through 2004. But that 9% became 21% from 2004 to 2006, 21% of all mortgages were subprime. Twenty-one percent of all mortgages were essentially money given away to people because they were loans made to people that everybody knew going in would never pay them back.

Not true, subprime was starting to roll in the late 90s after the revival of the CRA. The CRA stated a certain percentage of the population needed to be lend out to lower income individuals to keep the tax benefits and avoid penalties. The big banks hands were tied since not get the tax benefits and getting hit with the penalties would make them non-competitve. The banks take a big chunk of the blame, since they lent the money. But in order to comply they needed to toss out previous risk matrix. In 2000 I worked as a loan officer and back then I was doing 100% LTV, stated and no money down loans.

You want to place blame on Bush. Fine he deserves a ton of the blame. He ignored the growing bubble started well under the Clinton administration. But Clinton, Dodds and Frank started the mess with the revival of the well-intentioned but horrendous CRA!

And the ADDI are you serious! Do you even know what it is?
It was to help first time HOME BUYERS with up to a $10K grant. The majority of subprime loans were refinances. The majority of the 100% purchases had nothing to do with ADDI and were in place prior to 2003! And it was for low income people, so aren't you a racist for attacking the "lower spectrum" when you attack the ADDI?

American Dream Downpayment Initiative - Affordable Housing - CPD - HUD

Purpose
ADDI helped first-time homebuyers with the biggest hurdle to homeownership: downpayment and closing costs. The program was created to assist low-income first-time homebuyers in purchasing single-family homes by providing funds for downpayment, closing costs, and rehabilitation carried out in conjunction with the assisted home purchase.

Type of Assistance
ADDI provides downpayment, closing costs, and rehabilitation assistance to eligible individuals. The amount of ADDI assistance provided may not exceed $10,000 or six percent of the purchase price of the home, whichever is greater. The rehabilitation must be completed within one year of the home purchase. Rehabilitation may include, but is not limited to, the reduction of lead paint hazards and the remediation of other home health hazards.

You hate the guy so why the fuck do you even care?

Because I am warming up to him. I think he has a lot of great ideas. It's hard to get past his getting rid of the CIA. FBI, DHS, ISA etc, but I fear deficit killing us. I think taxation, over-regulation and uncheck Unions are making American busines uncompetitive. I don't like NAFTA or the WTO. I actually think he would dramatically cut spending, regulations, taxation, Union power and he is against NAFTA and the WTO.

Since Cain is out I have been looking for a new candidate to support!

from one loser to another, eh?

Never said I was moving to him, but why do you call Paul a loser?

Yep... it's always the working class stiff's fault isn't it?
I am a working stiff also, just on the white collar side!

Overburdened pensions? Gimme a fuckin' break. I pay in 6.2% of my gross and the Commonwealth of PA started matching it after I had 15 years of service. Stop talking of shit you know nothing about, but insist that it's true because some right wing pundit told you that it was. I don't know how teachers' retirement works in PA, because I am not a teacher.
I assume by your user name you are a private sector steel worker. Of course you pay into you pension plan, but you union takes the risk on it. One of the biggest issues the Big Three had when two of the big three went BK and needed bailouts was the mass amount of unsustainable money their were paying to retired workers. Group pensions are unsustainable, that is why only 3% of the private work force still has it when over 90% had them in the 60s.

What was the argument in WI? That public sector teachers needed to pay into their pension and health insurance plans! They revolted and slandered Walker. The bill went through and WI went from a MASSIVE deficit to a nice surplus without raising taxes or cutting programs. Heck schools that were in the red are in the black and hiring teachers.

Public section pensions and healthcare are far more generous than the private sector and believe it or not cause huge black holes on the state and county government books.

Sure Japanese Auto workers do pretty well... they aren't working for AMERICAN companies and have a higher standard that the money grab that AMERICAN Companies are famous for.
I am talking about Japanese automakers that make their cars here with American workers, Honda, Toyota and Mistubshi make them stateside!

I think it's an edgy and well put together and quick ad. It will keep the viewers attention that is fore-sure. But will it resonate with people. His supporters will obviously love it. But will independents (who will vote in both the primary and general election) approve of it.

Main theme: Ron Paul will cut $1 trillion year one, by getting rid of the Department of Education, Interior, Energy, Commerce and HUD (Housing and Urban Development)?

New Ron Paul Ad - BIG DOG - YouTube

We need to cut no doubt, but I think his stance will turn off alot of people. First, the Republicans will turned off by his defense cuts (CIA, FBI, DHS, INS, DEA, ISA etc). Second, I think the one's listed in the ad will turn off Independents.

I believe Ron Paul is in 3rd place with Cain out. He was in Huntsman/Santorum land in 2008. McCain was in 3rd place at this time in 2008. Not too mention the bubble had quite burst open yet (it was bursting, but the full effect wasn't upon us at the start of the primaries) and the deficit wasn't $14-15 trillion and there was no tea party!

Something about him doesn't sit with me. If people look at the mortgage meltdown it can come down to a few action which occurred during the Clinton years. (1) Community Reinvestment Act (forced banks to lend a percentage of their portfolio to lower spectrum people - meaning banks had to be creatively STUPID and offer the 0 down, stated loans),
That is the favorite lie of all racists. The CRA stopped banks from refusing loans to QUALIFIED minorities, but to racists all minorities are "lower spectrum people" and are never qualified for a loan.

It was Bush's Dec 2003 American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) that changed the rules to allow no down payment loans for more than the house was worth to people with bad credit who could not keep up with the payments and who were at least 20% below the standard of living for the neighborhood they were buying into. Bush owns the housing melt down and the timeline proves it. Subprime mortgages accounted for 9 percent of all mortgage originations from 1996 through 2004. But that 9% became 21% from 2004 to 2006, 21% of all mortgages were subprime. Twenty-one percent of all mortgages were essentially money given away to people because they were loans made to people that everybody knew going in would never pay them back.

Not true, subprime was starting to roll in the late 90s after the revival of the CRA. The CRA stated a certain percentage of the population needed to be lend out to lower income individuals to keep the tax benefits and avoid penalties. The big banks hands were tied since not get the tax benefits and getting hit with the penalties would make them non-competitve. The banks take a big chunk of the blame, since they lent the money. But in order to comply they needed to toss out previous risk matrix. In 2000 I worked as a loan officer and back then I was doing 100% LTV, stated and no money down loans.

You want to place blame on Bush. Fine he deserves a ton of the blame. He ignored the growing bubble started well under the Clinton administration. But Clinton, Dodds and Frank started the mess with the revival of the well-intentioned but horrendous CRA!

And the ADDI are you serious! Do you even know what it is?
It was to help first time HOME BUYERS with up to a $10K grant. The majority of subprime loans were refinances. The majority of the 100% purchases had nothing to do with ADDI and were in place prior to 2003! And it was for low income people, so aren't you a racist for attacking the "lower spectrum" when you attack the ADDI?

American Dream Downpayment Initiative - Affordable Housing - CPD - HUD

Purpose
ADDI helped first-time homebuyers with the biggest hurdle to homeownership: downpayment and closing costs. The program was created to assist low-income first-time homebuyers in purchasing single-family homes by providing funds for downpayment, closing costs, and rehabilitation carried out in conjunction with the assisted home purchase.

Type of Assistance
ADDI provides downpayment, closing costs, and rehabilitation assistance to eligible individuals. The amount of ADDI assistance provided may not exceed $10,000 or six percent of the purchase price of the home, whichever is greater. The rehabilitation must be completed within one year of the home purchase. Rehabilitation may include, but is not limited to, the reduction of lead paint hazards and the remediation of other home health hazards.
The subprime data came straight from your MessiahRushie so I'm sure if the subprime boom happened before 2004 he would have gleefully said so.

Democrats, Not Mortgage Holders, are Villains of the Subprime Crisis - The Rush Limbaugh Show
July 7,2010
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: To illustrate my point even further: "Subprime mortgages accounted for 9 percent of all mortgage originations from 1996 through 2004." But that 9% became 21% from 2004 to 2006, 21% of all mortgages were subprime. Twenty-one percent of all mortgages were essentially money given away to people because they were loans made to people that everybody knew going in would never pay them back.

You left this part out from the ADDI law:
Eligible Customers

To be eligible for ADDI assistance, individuals must be first-time homebuyers interested in purchasing single family housing. A first-time homebuyer is defined as an individual and his or her spouse who have not owned a home during the three-year period prior to the purchase of a home with ADDI assistance. ADDI funds may be used to purchase one- to four- family housing, condominium unit, cooperative unit, or manufactured housing. Additionally, individuals who qualify for ADDI assistance must have incomes not exceeding 80% of area median income.
Obviously Bush was requiring them to buy a house that was at least 20% beyond their means.

It was Bush who initiated no down payment loans to buyers with bad credit, before that you had to have good credit. This was all his 2004 election plan to try to strip minority votes away from the Dems.

USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership
USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership

Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership
By Thomas A. Fogarty, USA TODAY

In a bid to boost minority homeownership, President Bush will ask Congress for authority to eliminate the down-payment requirement for Federal Housing Administration loans.

In announcing the plan Monday at a home builders show in Las Vegas, Federal Housing Commissioner John Weicher called the proposal the "most significant FHA initiative in more than a decade." It would lead to 150,000 first-time owners annually, he said.

Nothing-down options are available on the private mortgage market, but, in general, they require the borrower to have pristine credit. Bush's proposed change would extend the nothing-down option to borrowers with blemished credit.

The FHA isn't a direct lender, but guarantees loan payments for mortgages on moderately priced owner-occupied property. The FHA guarantee now permits private lenders to finance as much as 97% of the purchase price of a home for millions of low- and middle-income borrowers.

In the proposal soon to be delivered to Congress, Bush would allow the FHA to guarantee loans for the full purchase price of the home, plus down-payment costs. As a practical matter, the FHA would guarantee mortgages as high as 103% of the value of the underlying property.

And finally, CRA only required banks to lend to QUALIFIED minorities, it is only racists who claim that banks were forced to make bad loans to minorities because to racists no minority is qualified for a loan simply because they are a minority. What CRA did was allow minorities get loans to buy homes in what were exclusively white neighborhoods and that is why racists try to blame the CRA. Prior to the CRA, minorities had to pay cash for a home in a white neighborhood, no bank would lend them money no matter how qualified they were.

Drain a swamp? What a retarded analogy.
That's what Nancy Pelosi said when she took over as Speaker of the House a few years ago. "I'm gonna' drain the swamp!".

If "Drain the Swamp" also means "Double her own wealth", well then she succeeded.

So? It's a retarded analogy if she says it too. In this modern day, the phrase "drain the swamp" to me just makes me imagine emptying and bulldozing something of value(despite it not being obvious to everyone), only to replace it with something shallow and pointless... like a giant Walmart built on a marshland.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back