Ron Paul's New Ad: Catchy, but will it resinate or turn off voters?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Dec 5, 2011.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    I think it's an edgy and well put together and quick ad. It will keep the viewers attention that is fore-sure. But will it resonate with people. His supporters will obviously love it. But will independents (who will vote in both the primary and general election) approve of it.

Main theme: Ron Paul will cut $1 trillion year one, by getting rid of the Department of Education, Interior, Energy, Commerce and HUD (Housing and Urban Development)?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZVmQ74OA]New Ron Paul Ad - BIG DOG - YouTube[/ame]

We need to cut no doubt, but I think his stance will turn off alot of people. First, the Republicans will turned off by his defense cuts (CIA, FBI, DHS, INS, DEA, ISA etc). Second, I think the one's listed in the ad will turn off Independents.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,310
    You hate the guy so why the fuck do you even care?

3. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    It will do both. It will resonate but it will also turn off some voters. It's a great ad. I love it.

4. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I'm not a fan.

5. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    In fact I really don't liek it... But It will prolly grab many peoples attention that like the WWF style politics that otherwise wouldn't like Paul. The "IN YO FACE SUCKA!!!!!" or "Cain Train!!" politic style ain't for me.

6. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Because I am warming up to him. I think he has a lot of great ideas. It's hard to get past his getting rid of the CIA. FBI, DHS, ISA etc, but I fear deficit killing us. I think taxation, over-regulation and uncheck Unions are making American busines uncompetitive. I don't like NAFTA or the WTO. I actually think he would dramatically cut spending, regulations, taxation, Union power and he is against NAFTA and the WTO.

Since Cain is out I have been looking for a new candidate to support!

7. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Well I hope it works out. What made you not just shift over to Newt like so many others did?

8. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,224
    His ads are the best, and he is unwavering in his ideology but some of the Exec Dept's he wants to axe will likely turn away a sizable # of Independents

9. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Unions??? Again? gimme a fucking break. Unionized employees make up approximately 7% of the workforce and largely in the Public Sector. Next to no impact on business whatsoever.

Just keep listening to Beckbaugh... He'll tell you how it is. They "business Community" won't be happy until they are paying us all peanuts and taking our benefits out of our checks to boot.

You know what's making American Business uncompetitive? Nothing.... Well there is this little issue of demand... but that's because they went full retard and decided to go with slave labor to manufacture the goods they make, busted the vast majority of the unions in the 80's, and then either bottom lined or laid off workers and sucked up all those "savings" it wasn't done out of survival... it was done to grab MORE at the expense of the labor force. because if it were about Survival and Competitiveness, you'd think that the prices for goods would have come down. Oh... you can point to electronics... but that's just one area and the only thing that has come down is yesterday's technology.

As a result of that greed, we now have Chronic unemployment, underemployment, stagnant wages, and huge tax breaks for the people that did the damage. But yeah... it's all about government...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Something about him doesn't sit with me. If people look at the mortgage meltdown it can come down to a few action which occurred during the Clinton years. (1) Community Reinvestment Act (forced banks to lend a percentage of their portfolio to lower spectrum people - meaning banks had to be creatively STUPID and offer the 0 down, stated loans),
    (2) Granting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Power to Create a 2nd market (Mostly Frank and Dodds that pushed this, but banks could make highly risky loans and sell them off in the 2ndary market instantly getting the gains without the risk).
    (3) GLB (Got rid G-S Act and allowed the conflict of interest of Banks, brokeages and insurance companies forming under one company; that is how banks tossed toxic loans together and traded them as security instruments called CDOs and why AIG when bankrupt via toxic mortgage backed insurance) - Although I think RP probably supported this.
    Then you have NAFTA and tearing down the trade barriers with China. This further eroded our manufacturing base.
    Then college tuitions SHOT through the roof with the law making student loans non-dischargable.

I blame Clinton for this, but you also have to blame Newt, since he was the most powerful Republican at the time as Speaker of the House, he deserves a lot of blame also!