Ron Paul's Legislative Achievments

Always neat watching the teammates, Bushbots and Obamabots, team up and attack Ron Paul.

Which gives you a good idea of who's on the teams, it's neocons and liberals vs Ron Paul.

Gee, that's really hard to pick what side to be on..............................

Romney/Gingirch/Bush/Obama/McCain, I have no idea why a small gov't fiscal conservative wouldn't be uber delighted with these "options."

Always fun to see the Paul-bots go into attack mode when it is pointed out their candidate has no discernible record of achievment and entertains views that are abhorrent to anyone outside of Jeremiah Wright's church.

I'm on your side Rabbi.

Ron Paul writing and proposing legislation isn't good enough. He needs to learn how to forge signatures and rig gov't votes in order to force his stuff to pass.

If others don't vote for his legislation that cuts spending and scales back gov't, it's his fault. That's obvious to anyone with common sense.

When Romney and Gingrich vote to expand gov't and expand spending, it's Paul's fault, since he didn't convince them otherwise.

Conservative icons Romney/Gingrich 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Paul is a failure because he has been unable to forge coalitions that support his proposals. Just throwing one failed legislation after another is not leadership. Just voting no is not leadership

Ron Paul acts like a lone wolf howling at the moon. It does no good

In 28 years he has not learned what it takes to get legislation passed. To think that he could be President without being able to gain cooperation from either side is ludicrous

Always fun to see the Paul-bots go into attack mode when it is pointed out their candidate has no discernible record of achievment and entertains views that are abhorrent to anyone outside of Jeremiah Wright's church.

I'm on your side Rabbi.

Ron Paul writing and proposing legislation isn't good enough. He needs to learn how to forge signatures and rig gov't votes in order to force his stuff to pass.

If others don't vote for his legislation that cuts spending and scales back gov't, it's his fault. That's obvious to anyone with common sense.

When Romney and Gingrich vote to expand gov't and expand spending, it's Paul's fault, since he didn't convince them otherwise.

Ron Paul is a failure because he has been unable to forge coalitions that support his proposals. Just throwing one failed legislation after another is not leadership. Just voting no is not leadership

In 28 years he has not learned what it takes to get legislation passed. To think that he could be President without being able to gain cooperation from either side is ludicrous

Ron Paul is a fiscal conservative, the lone fiscal conservative in Washington, how do you get fiscal liberals to approve fiscal conservative legislation?

It'd be like trying to convince a cow to eat a steak.

I'm on your side Rabbi.

Ron Paul is a fiscal conservative, the lone fiscal conservative in Washington, how do you get fiscal liberals to approve fiscal conservative legislation?

Big deal

The Ron Paul Army of one gets nothing done. He has not learned how to use his fiscal conservativism to get others to agree with his positions. If he just wants to howl at the moon, why bother running for Congress? He may as well just operate a web based blog

Governing means compromise, it means building coalitions that support your position, it means getting along with SOMEONE

Ron Paul is a failure as a Congressman and would be a disaster as President

Big deal

The Ron Paul Army of one gets nothing done. He has not learned how to use his fiscal conservativism to get others to agree with his positions. If he just wants to howl at the moon, why bother running for Congress? He may as well just operate a web based blog

Governing means compromise, it means building coalitions that support your position, it means getting along with SOMEONE

Ron Paul is a failure as a Congressman and would be a disaster as President

He's advocating for spending cuts, every year dems and reps approve of budgets with massive deficits, huge increases in spending and huge increases in debt.

He's completely helpless. All he can do is introduce bills to cut spending and have it get rejected and vote against bills that increase spending/deficits/debt.

There's no one in gov't who takes spending cuts, deficits and the debt seriously besides Paul.

Another good point, I'm the one blaming an individual for something that takes a collection of individuals to achieve.

Certainly not the exact opposite which would be you doing that and the entire premise of this glorious thread.

No, the premise of this thread is that Ron Paul is unqualified to be president since he has a 30 year history of poor performance, failing to build consensus for his views, and grandstanding. No one has done anything to defend that piss poor record. All they can do is moan how corrupt the system is.

My apologies I thought the title of this thread was "Ron Paul's Legislative Achievments"

and that the OP was "Someone list what Ron Paul has done in Congress for the last 30 years that makes him qualified to be president.
Running your mouth does not make you qualified.
Sponsoring feel good legislation does not make you qualified
Voting does not make you qualified.

What leadership has he shown? Leadership defined not as the ability to run your mouth but to persuade others and get your point across.

This will be a short list.

All that would imply that it's one man's fault that something didn't happen, something that hundreds of people have a hand in.

But since that wasn't the thread title, and that wasn't the original post then you're in good shape. My computer screen must just be having a glitch or something.

All in all I agree, it's solely Ron's fault hundreds of people didn't pass legislation he introduced.

So your defense is that Congress is corrupt and that is why he can't get legislation passed?
Then WTF is he still doing there for 30 years?? Most people would get the idea after a decade or two that they are wasting their time. Instread Paul has soaked up a gov't paycheck and run his mouth. Even Jesse Jackson isn't that exploitative.

Someone list what Ron Paul has done in Congress for the last 30 years that makes him qualified to be president.

What leadership has he shown? Leadership defined not as the ability to run your mouth but to persuade others and get your point across.

What I like about Ron Paul legislatively stems more from what he hasn't done as opposed to what he has done. Career douchebags backing unneccesary legislation may be your idea of solid leadership, but it ain't mine. :thup:

No, the premise of this thread is that Ron Paul is unqualified to be president since he has a 30 year history of poor performance, failing to build consensus for his views, and grandstanding. No one has done anything to defend that piss poor record. All they can do is moan how corrupt the system is.

My apologies I thought the title of this thread was "Ron Paul's Legislative Achievments"

and that the OP was "Someone list what Ron Paul has done in Congress for the last 30 years that makes him qualified to be president.

All that would imply that it's one man's fault that something didn't happen, something that hundreds of people have a hand in.

But since that wasn't the thread title, and that wasn't the original post then you're in good shape. My computer screen must just be having a glitch or something.

All in all I agree, it's solely Ron's fault hundreds of people didn't pass legislation he introduced.

So your defense is that Congress is corrupt and that is why he can't get legislation passed?
Then WTF is he still doing there for 30 years?? Most people would get the idea after a decade or two that they are wasting their time. Instread Paul has soaked up a gov't paycheck and run his mouth. Even Jesse Jackson isn't that exploitative.

Is it better to try and give up or try and try and try as long as you can?

My defense has already been stated, he's a fiscal conservative who's hellbent on spending cuts and gov't reduction working in an environment full of fiscal liberals who are hellbent on spending increases and gov't expansion.

It's that simple.

Ron Paul scares the shit out of establishment republicans and democrats alike.

What more reason does anyone need to vote for the guy?

Seriously?

Someone list what Ron Paul has done in Congress for the last 30 years that makes him qualified to be president.

What I like about Ron Paul legislatively stems more from what he hasn't done as opposed to what he has done. Career douchebags backing unneccesary legislation may be your idea of solid leadership, but it ain't mine. :thup:

So you want to vote for people who sit around and soak up gov't welfare?
Not me. Things are bad enough there are plenty of areas where new legislation would be welcome, in part to clean out the crap that we have accumulated over the years.

My defense has already been stated, he's a fiscal conservative who's hellbent on spending cuts and gov't reduction working in an environment full of fiscal liberals who are hellbent on spending increases and gov't expansion.

It's that simple.
It's better to find something you're good at. Paul isn't much of an OB-GYN, that's why he ran for Congress. He hasn't done shit for 30 years in Congress. So he failed at that. Maybe he could take up knitting? Maybe Dancing with the Stars?

It's that simple.
It's better to find something you're good at. Paul isn't much of an OB-GYN, that's why he ran for Congress. He hasn't done shit for 30 years in Congress. So he failed at that. Maybe he could take up knitting? Maybe Dancing with the Stars?

There you go, that's the better republican strategy, a childish attempt at very lame comedy.

Best to get as far away from the facts as possible.

Not me. Things are bad enough there are plenty of areas where new legislation would be welcome, in part to clean out the crap that we have accumulated over the years.

A strawman and a canard rolled into one.

Bravo. :rolleyes:

A strawman and a canard rolled into one.

Bravo. :rolleyes:

Translation: I have no answer.
Thanks. A deflection and a non-answer all in one.

Thanks for clearing that up. :thup:

Thanks for clearing that up. :thup:
No problem.
If you ever have trouble expressing yourself coherently again let me know and I can help.

Longer list than obamaturd had before idiots in this country elected that fool. Name me the qualifications obamaturd had, it will be a shorter list than Paul's.

Longer list than obamaturd had before idiots in this country elected that fool. Name me the qualifications obamaturd had, it will be a shorter list than Paul's.

So you want to substitute one grossly underqualified individual with another? Obama helped draft legislation that actually passed. I guess that's something.

Conclusion of the thread;

Passing legislation that grows gov't, increases spending and raises the debt>Not doing that.

Talk about a conservative revolution in america, as evidenced by Romney's victory.

Forum List

Back