Ron Paul's Last hurrah

Ron Paul was not going to win anything anyway ,No Romney is not my first choice, but compared to Ron Paul there is no choice...for sane people anyway

Romney over Paul, a great victory for small gov't conservatism and fiscal responsibility.

Yes, no, any kind of answer to the above statement being accurate?

Actually Romney over Obama would be a great victory for small gov't conservatism and fiscal responsibility. That's scary.

I was fed the same lie about Bush replacing Clinton was a great victory for small gov't conservatism and fiscal responsibility, I won't eat it up this time.

Romney will have bigger budgets than Obama, expand on Obamacare and grow gov't to heights even Obama couldn't reach.

Last edited:
Israel is a strategic military outpost in the M.E. that is friendly to America and an ally. It's got nothing to do with jews. It's as simple as that. We need Israel, they need us, it works.

It just so happens that they have the largest PAC, 2nd only to the AARP, and all Presidentail candidates must go bow before them before every election. :eusa_whistle:

Well now we know where your coming from. You want to spend trillions of dollars, kill uncountable numbers of people, for an imaginary man in the sky.
To make the leap from a person of faith expressing a belief that we have a need for STRATEGIC alliance with Isreal to claiming that his faith that God favors his point of view means he wants to, "kill uncountable numbers of people"...well, all I can say is I can only hope that you haven't breed. Cause we already have enough MORONS running around occupying the allotted slots for stupid!

By the way and before you further make a FOOL of yourself, I AM AN ATHEIST and while I may not share the view that God favors Israel...I DO share the view that we have a vested interest in a strategic alliance with the state of Israel...AND a historic moral responsibility!

Now if you want to take some shot at me for THAT view...MAKE MY DAY, cause I will cut your ass a new one with FACTS!

But the days when you could get away with the disingenuous practice of trying to marginalize those you disagree with because of their religion or labeling them as racist is OVER!

While I'm not one of them...80% of Americans BELIEVE in God. So the only person you are marginalizing with comments like that is YOUR SELF. I suggest you spend a bit more effort on self EDUCATION and Enlightenment and less reading the Huff and Puff POST!

Romney will have bigger budgets than Obama, expand on Obamacare and grow gov't to heights even Obama couldn't reach.
You KNOW how ridiculous that sounds...right?

Bush's last budget was just under 900 billion. Obama spent 4.2 TRILLION last year alone. The ratio of debt to GDP was between 20-22% EVERY YEAR Bush was in office...as it was under Clinton...with a republican Congress or course, but it is NOW 100% of our GDP!

There is NO WAY that Romney or ANY republican is going to be able to top that...even IF the republican House and NEW republican Senate would go along with it. JUST AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

Well now we know where your coming from. You want to spend trillions of dollars, kill uncountable numbers of people, for an imaginary man in the sky.
To make the leap from a person of faith expressing a belief that we have a need for STRATEGIC alliance with Isreal to claiming that his faith that God favors his point of view means he wants to, "kill uncountable numbers of people"...well, all I can say is I can only hope that you haven't breed. Cause we already have enough MORONS running around occupying the allotted slots for stupid!

By the way and before you further make a FOOL of yourself, I AM AN ATHEIST and while I may not share the view that God favors Israel...I DO share the view that we have a vested interest in a strategic alliance with the state of Israel...AND a historic moral responsibility!

Now if you want to take some shot at me for THAT view...MAKE MY DAY, cause I will cut your ass a new one with FACTS!

But the days when you could get away with the disingenuous practice of trying to marginalize those you disagree with because of their religion or labeling them as racist is OVER!

While I'm not one of them...80% of Americans BELIEVE in God. So the only person you are marginalizing with comments like that is YOUR SELF. I suggest you spend a bit more effort on self EDUCATION and Enlightenment and less reading the Huff and Puff POST!

Bush's last budget was just under 900 billion. Obama spent 4.2 TRILLION last year alone. The ratio of debt to GDP was between 20-22% EVERY YEAR Bush was in office...as it was under Clinton...with a republican Congress or course, but it is NOW 100% of our GDP!

There is NO WAY that Romney or ANY republican is going to be able to top that...even IF the republican House and NEW republican Senate would go along with it. JUST AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

Sadly yes I know how ridiculous it sounds.

Reagan increased Carter's spending, Bush increased Clinton's spending.

Had you told a republican voter beforehand once elected those guys would've done that they'd go crazy, but it'll happen again with a republican if he gets elected in 2012 or 2016.

It's a personal guarantee, I don't want it to happen but i have total 100% certainty the next republican president will have a record high budget, record high deficits and a new record high national debt.

There may be an argument that Israel has strategic importance but that is relative to your goals in the region. The goals in the region are determined by foreign policy which is supposedly decided by the POTUS and his staff. So that is a debateable quantity and not subject to fact. It may be a fact that the current POTUS sees strategic value in that alliance but not everyone would see it that way.

But what is this moral responisibility that you speak of? Please clarify that because I honestly do not understand this.

Romney over Paul, a great victory for small gov't conservatism and fiscal responsibility.

Yes, no, any kind of answer to the above statement being accurate?

Actually Romney over Obama would be a great victory for small gov't conservatism and fiscal responsibility. That's scary.

I was fed the same lie about Bush replacing Clinton was a great victory for small gov't conservatism and fiscal responsibility, I won't eat it up this time.

Budgets are passed by Congress, not the president.
Yes, under Bush the GOP started thinking it was really the Democratic PArty and spent like hell. But that was then, this is now. Bush didnt have a credit downgrade in his past. Romney will.
Bush was never a small gov't conservative. That what 'compassionate conservatism" was all about.

Yes, under Bush the GOP started thinking it was really the Democratic PArty and spent like hell. But that was then, this is now. Bush didnt have a credit downgrade in his past. Romney will.
Bush was never a small gov't conservative. That what 'compassionate conservatism" was all about.

Presidents sign budgets.

Exact same thing happened under Reagan, my entire life republicans have been big spenders.

Romney is a big gov't fiscal liberal, same as Bush and Obama.

Presidents sign budgets.

Exact same thing happened under Reagan, my entire life republicans have been big spenders.

Happened under Reagan because the Congress was controlled by Democrats at the time.
Thanks for letting me clear that up for you. You want fiscal restraint, vote for the GOP for Congress, esp those who signed Grover Norquist's pledge.

Presidents sign budgets.

Happened under Reagan because the Congress was controlled by Democrats at the time.
Thanks for letting me clear that up for you. You want fiscal restraint, vote for the GOP for Congress, esp those who signed Grover Norquist's pledge.

Reps gotta win me back, once they have any history of cutting spending, balancing budgets and cutting debt, I'll happily come back.

Oh and pigs have to fly too.

Presidents sign budgets.

Reps gotta win me back, once they have any history of cutting spending, balancing budgets and cutting debt, I'll happily come back.

Well, they can't do that without having some kind of control, capeche?

What's the difference in me voting for reps with a history of big spending to undo their past or me voting for dems with a history of big spending to undo their past?

Only way I'll vote for a rep is if he/she has a history of voting against big spending budgets submitted by both parties. In other words showing they're against big spending in general, not just showing they're against the other teams big spending.

The cutting i think will happen.

The pigs flying... im not so sure. Is putting them in an airplane satisfactory?

Presidents sign budgets.

Romney is a corporate liberal. He thinks tax dollars are unlimited and they should be used for legal plunder of the treasury by corporate power. He is only concerned with 'getting his'. He made his millions by purchasing a corporation, reducing the quality of goods produced to increase profits. Then after entrenching the company in debt to make the books look better he would sell the company, which is now a ticking financial nightmare, for a huge profit to the 401k's of honest people.

To think that he would have any different mentality as president of the united states is a fucking fantasy.

Romney is a corporate liberal. He thinks tax dollars are unlimited and they should be used for legal plunder of the treasury by corporate power. He is only concerned with 'getting his'. He made his millions by purchasing a corporation, reducing the quality of goods produced to increase profits. Then after entrenching the company in debt to make the books look better he would sell the company, which is now a ticking financial nightmare, for a huge profit to the 401k's of honest people.

To think that he would have any different mentality as president of the united states is a fucking fantasy.

Where on earth did you come up with that bullcrap? So because Romney is successful at business he is going to do all that stuff? Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

The cutting i think will happen.

The pigs flying... im not so sure. Is putting them in an airplane satisfactory?

The overall budget won't be cut, sure certain parts will but overall the budget increases every single year irregardless of party, irregardless of deficit or debt.

If someone can provide me proof of one party cutting overall spending when in power, I'd be delighted to see it.

Tonight is the last time Ron Paul actually had a chance to win anything. It's all down hill from here for that wack job...Thank G-d.:cool:
Ron Paul won just as many delegates as Romney and Santorum. So in terms of delegates, the number of which will decide the nominee, Ron Paul is in a tie for first.

He got more than double the votes this time around than in 2008, and Romney saw no growth in support whatsoever and may have even gotten less. Santorum is just another Huckabee, the religious choice that nobody else out of Iowa will vote for.

So no, Ron Paul is not out of it. He is essentially tied for first. But enjoy being spoon-fed propaganda by the mainstream media outlets. Hope it tastes good.

Presidents sign budgets.

I couldn't care less about his private efforts as a businessman, as far as I know he was successful. Sometimes firiing ppl is the best for business, sucks, but has to be done.

I care more about RomneyCare, his history of tax and fee increases and big spending.

What's the difference in me voting for reps with a history of big spending to undo their past or me voting for dems with a history of big spending to undo their past?

Only way I'll vote for a rep is if he/she has a history of voting against big spending budgets submitted by both parties. In other words showing they're against big spending in general, not just showing they're against the other teams big spending.

The Democrats will increase spending.
The GOP might increase spending.
There really isn't a third choice.

But I appreciate the sentiment.

Santorum was pushed by the media this last week and idiots bought into it. Now he is about to get his @#$ handed to him. He will be exposed for the crook he is.

Also, Newt and Co are taking the gloves off, Romney is about to be vetted as well.

I don't think we've heard the last of Paul just yet.

Ron Paul is the only one of them that is not a hypocritical moral midget.

Sure. It's not at all hypocritical to claim you oppose pork because you slide pork into bills you know will pass and vote against thtem.

Oh wait... yes it freakin is.

He votes NO on the original appropriation bill.

The money is going to be spent regardless when the bill passes.

Where would you rather the money go? To Obama's liberal administration to use for it's liberal agendas, or to a conservative congressman's congressional district so that he can represent his constituents and try to put the money to better use?

He's not doing it to buy votes, because he doesn't need to pay a single person off to vote for him. He gets probably some of the least corporate funding in the entire government and yet somehow still keeps pace with the big boys in campaign funding.

He could get 0 dollars for his district and still be an automatic lock for reelection everytime.

Forum List

Back