Ron Paul's fundraising increases topped the frontrunners, huh? 5 mil this quarter!

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/ron_paul_raises_5_million_in_a.html

(snip)

True, $5 million pales in comparison to the $27 million Hillary Clinton raised this past quarter or the $100 million she and Barack Obama are each expected to raise this year. But Paul's haul isn't far behind the far-more-established John Edwards' $7 million for the third quarter.

And get this: Ron Paul's $5 million is about five times what former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee raised last quarter, despite all his enhanced publicity springing from a second-place finish in the Ames straw poll.

5 million dollars, and that includes a million in one week.

No donation-limit corporate contributions...almost all grassroots fundraising.

I would see it as being quite hard to raise 5 million bucks in 3 months if your base is really just a couple thousand "internet poll spammers".

The frontrunners were all down by 30% or more this past quarter, from their last...it looks to me like Ron is a legitimate candidate.

But you guys go ahead and let the corporate pollsters sway your beliefs with their ridiculous 2 and 3% they keep listing for Ron. The man gets more popular everyday, and yet somehow the polls don't ever reflect it. Nothing funny going on there...:rolleyes:

I also love how a bunch of states are all the sudden switching their primaries to CLOSED, when they had always historically been OPEN.

Be afraid, establishment.

Nice work!

Doesn't Giuliani have like $8 million? For a "nobody" candidate like RP, that's AWESOME.

Ron Paul has support from real conservative Americans who KNOW the war is for Jews and DO NOT like the amnesty for illegals idea. The neocons don't have support from anyone but a few rich Jews.

Ron Paul: President of the Internet?
By Gary Benoit

ARTICLE SYNOPSIS:
Though many Americans still have not heard of presidential candidate Ron Paul, on the Internet he is a titan.

Follow this link to the original source: "How the Internet Is Changing Political Campaigning"

COMMENTARY:
The mainstream media have thus far ignored Republican Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential bid to such an extent that many people still have not heard of him or his message. When he has appeared in the Republican debates, watched by a relatively small segment of the American people, he has been subjected to ridicule and asked insulting questions such as, “you’re basically saying we should take our marching orders from al Qaeda?” When the media do mention him in their reporting, they often dismiss him as having no chance to win.

Other political candidates offering platforms the establishment opinion cartel dreads have been treated similarly in the past and that treatment has rendered more than one such candidate … well … unelectable. But as Brian Farmer points out in his cover story in the October 1 issue of The New American, Ron Paul has been using a new and powerful tool — the Internet — with amazing effectiveness to circumvent the major media and to mobilize and energize his campaign.

On the Internet, Farmer writes, “one gets the impression that [Paul] is some kind of superstar, moving through cyberspace like a titan.” Farmer quotes Chicago Tribune syndicated columnist Clarence Page as opining: “If the presidential election were held in cyberspace, Paul would probably win hands down.” After reading Farmer’s article, it’s hard to disagree.

But Farmer also points out that the “Ron Paul Revolution,” as Paul’s supporters call it, has been spilling over from cyberspace into the real world. Real people use computers, after all, and they are using their computers to facilitate grass-roots activities in the real world including face-to-face meetings. Because of the Internet, the opinion cartel, though still formidable, does not have the clout it once did.

Ron Paul is showing what can be done to get out a message that the major media would prefer not be heard. Other candidates— not just for president but for Congress too — can also use the Internet to circumvent the major media.

But whether or not the message gains traction depends on the message itself. To learn more about Paul’s message and why he believes it’s gaining traction, Brian Farmer interviewed the candidate. To see the full transcript of that interview, which appears alongside Farmer’s cover story in the October 1 issue of The New American, click here.

He may be the perot-nader of 08 but if Obama doesn't get the dem nomination I will probably vote for ron paul.

Real Money Says Ron Paul Has a Shot

Lew Rockwell.com | October 04, 2007
Bob Murphy

In addition to being a mild-mannered economist by day, I am an avid fan of gambling and all its devices. (Though since I still am the property of student lender Sallie Mae, I have been a mere spectator of the gambling world for the last several years.) I am here to inform Ron Paul fans that "the market" – the gambling website Intrade.com – says his chances of winning the GOP nomination are now 6.1%. In contrast, McCain's chances are 5.4%, and Huckabee's a meager 3.2%.

Beyond the fact that Ron Paul is now in 4th place – and being ahead of McCain, is now surely a "real" candidate – is his meteoric rise since late May. Just look at this chart from Intrade:

To make sense of all this, let me briefly explain how Intrade works. It is fashioned after a futures market (such as in oil or pork bellies), where participants can buy or sell contracts contingent on future events. Now in the case of the "2008.GOP.NOM.PAUL" contract, the buyer (as of October 2) pays $6.10 for a contract entitling him to a $100 payoff if Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination. In contrast, the seller of this contract receives $6.10, but might have to pay out the $100 if Paul gets the nomination. Obviously, if Ron Paul doesn't get nominated, then the buyer of the contract gets nothing – he's out his $6.10 – and the seller gets to pocket the $6.10.

YouTube - Ron Paul, The only chance to beat Hillary ClintonRon Paul, The only chance to beat Hillary Clinton .... Hillary Clinton Here's a Song For ya! Ron Paul is the MAN! 06:48. From: wheelinco Views: 1565 ...
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh04YikLWZc[/ame] - 110k - Cached - Similar pages

YouTube - Texas Republican slams Bush "demented ...
Ron Paul is the only man that can beat hillary and you know ...
2 min 58 sec -
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZmPS0XmeBw[/ame]

Ron Paul isnt going to be the nominee. Support him all you want though. Im glad there are actually some people out there that vote for their Principle. Just dont think that most of us really care what Ron Paul does.

Ron Paul isnt going to be the nominee. Support him all you want though. Im glad there are actually some people out there that vote for their Principle. Just dont think that most of us really care what Ron Paul does.

You're correct. there's no way even if every GOP gandidate dropped out the RNC delegates would find someone else. ROn paul is not a real Republican. His support comes from Libertarians, Anti-war leftists and 9/11 conspiracy theorists and oh yeah Pothead College Students .. dont believe jsut go watch the youtube videos or if youre unlucky enough to walk through a Ron paul pep rally those 9/11 truthers will be all over you like flies on SH*T trying to hand you flyers and convince you that 9/11 was an inside job. I'm sorry but i dont want any GOP candidates assiciated with those nutjobs.
Ron Paul wants to get rid of the CIA and FBI? LOL I guess he'll all want al-qaeda to attend his inaurguration ? LOL

The only thing Ron paul will do is take votes away from Hillary... Ron Paul seems to be loved by the far left and he will only make it easier for Mike huckabee or Fred Thompson to win... I think It will be Huckabee because after tomorrow's deabte Fred will be exposed as a person who cant do anything without a script.

You're correct. there's no way even if every GOP gandidate dropped out the RNC delegates would find someone else. ROn paul is not a real Republican. His support comes from Libertarians, Anti-war leftists and 9/11 conspiracy theorists and oh yeah Pothead College Students .. dont believe jsut go watch the youtube videos or if youre unlucky enough to walk through a Ron paul pep rally those 9/11 truthers will be all over you like flies on SH*T trying to hand you flyers and convince you that 9/11 was an inside job. I'm sorry but i dont want any GOP candidates assiciated with those nutjobs.
Ron Paul wants to get rid of the CIA and FBI? LOL I guess he'll all want al-qaeda to attend his inaurguration ? LOL

The only thing Ron paul will do is take votes away from Hillary... Ron Paul seems to be loved by the far left and he will only make it easier for Mike huckabee or Fred Thompson to win... I think It will be Huckabee because after tomorrow's deabte Fred will be exposed as a person who cant do anything without a script.

I think the dream Republican ticket would Tancredo, Huckabee, in either order.

The only thing Huckabee wants that I don't agree with is a fair tax, which is by another name a consumption tax. I'd rather see a flat tax.

The 9-11 Commission Charade

by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

The 9-11 Commission report, released late last month, has disrupted the normally quiet Washington August. Various congressional committees are holding hearings on the report this week, even though Congress is not in session, in an attempt to show the government is “doing something” about terrorism in an election year. The Commission recommendations themselves have been accepted reverently and without question, as if handed down from on high.

But what exactly is going on here? These hearings amount to nothing more than current government officials meeting with former government officials, many of whom now lobby government officials, and agreeing that we need more government! The current and past architects of the very bureaucracy that failed Americans so badly on September 11th three years ago are now meeting to recommend more bureaucracy. Why on earth do we assume that former government officials, some of whom are self-interested government lobbyists, suddenly become wise, benevolent, and politically neutral when they retire? Why do we look to former bureaucrats to address a bureaucratic failure?

The 9-11 Commission report is several hundred pages worth of recommendations to make government larger and more intrusive. Does this surprise anyone? It was written by people who cannot imagine any solution not coming from government. One thing you definitely will not see in the Commission report is a single critique of our interventionist foreign policy, which is the real source of most anti-American feelings around the globe.

The Commissioners recommend the government spend billions of dollars spreading pro-US propaganda overseas, as if that will convince the world to love us. What we have forgotten in the years since the end of the Cold War is that actions speak louder than words. The US didn't need propaganda in the captive nations of Eastern Europe during the Cold War because people knew us by our deeds. They could see the difference between the United States and their Soviet overlords. That is why, given the first chance, they chose freedom. Yet everything we have done in response to the 9-11 attacks, from the Patriot Act to the war in Iraq, has reduced freedom in America. Spending more money abroad or restricting liberties at home will do nothing to deter terrorists, yet this is exactly what the 9-11 Commission recommends.

Our nation will be safer only when government does less, not more. Rather than asking ourselves what Congress or the president should be doing about terrorism, we ought to ask what government should stop doing. It should stop spending trillions of dollars on unconstitutional programs that detract from basic government functions like national defense and border security. It should stop meddling in the internal affairs of foreign nations, but instead demonstrate by example the superiority of freedom, capitalism, and an open society. It should stop engaging in nation-building, and stop trying to create democratic societies through military force. It should stop militarizing future enemies, as we did by supplying money and weapons to characters like Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. It should stop entangling the American people in unholy alliances like the UN and NATO, and pledge that our armed forces will never serve under foreign command. It should stop committing American troops to useless, expensive, and troublesome assignments overseas, and instead commit the Department of Defense to actually defending America. It should stop interfering with the 2nd amendment rights of private citizens and businesses seeking to defend themselves.

More than anything, our federal government should stop deluding us that more government is the answer. We have far more to fear from an unaccountable government at home than from any foreign terrorist.

August 24, 2004

Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 ...This website provides responsible criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report by senior military, intelligence and government officials.
www.patriotsquestion911.com/ - 442k

one look at this site clearly shows how inaccurate and ridiculous its to connect 911 truth or great skepticism over the official theory to a left-wing anti-war movement of pot heads

Seriously, who in the fuck decided that Ron Paul was a long shot but MITT ROMNEY is a front-runner?? It's like people just follow the polls, instead of the other way around. And what gives with popularity over principles? It's like we've got this inverse correlation in American politics between integrity and electability. The smarter and more principled a candidate, the more of a "loser" they are to the American public. So we get principle-free jerks like Bill Clinton and total idiots like George W. Bush as our leaders. And the good ones are called weirdos. Fuck all that. America is a collection of fat dummies who are going to vote themselves into oblivion.

Seriously, who in the fuck decided that Ron Paul was a long shot but MITT ROMNEY is a front-runner?? It's like people just follow the polls, instead of the other way around. And what gives with popularity over principles? It's like we've got this inverse correlation in American politics between integrity and electability. The smarter and more principled a candidate, the more of a "loser" they are to the American public. So we get principle-free jerks like Bill Clinton and total idiots like George W. Bush as our leaders. And the good ones are called weirdos. Fuck all that. America is a collection of fat dummies who are going to vote themselves into oblivion.

Did you by any chance catch last night's debate?

I watched about an hour, and I think Ron was called upon ONE TIME, and he said about 5 words, and Bartiromo yelled at him, then he quickly said another 5 words about Dubai acquiring some of NASDAQ, and then they moved on.

Everyone got about 4 responses to his 1.

What is the media so afraid of? The man did better financially this past quarter than anyone else on that panel, and they ignore him. Is it just because he's an anti-war republican, and doesn't "fit in" with his opponents?

Can it really be that simple? So what. He's still more conservative than any of them, and at least he says interesting, original things. The rest of the panel went over a laundry list of "what the voters want to hear". It's BORING. Don't even get me started on Fred...would he even live long enough to complete a presidential term? He looks SICKLY. Almost like an AIDS patient on his last legs.

Whatever the case, I expect better than that in America. Everyone gets an equal opportunity in this country. Especially in a forum such as that. That was just blatant censorship last night, and it's been getting worse and worse, the more popular Ron gets.

It means to me that the establishment is scared.

GOOD. Be afraid bitches.

shrimpcooked500uk9.jpg

*sniffs* Mmm-mmm, is that shrimp I smell, or $400 million in earmarks?

Forum List

Back