Ron Paul's Congressional Farewell Speech - CSPAN 11/14/2012...

So, he was elected 12 times to his district after accomplishing nothing? So much for hoping on that dumbfuckery.

Then un-dumbfuckery me: What did he accomplish after a near 1/4 century of being paid a nice salary, supplied a large staff, and accruing a lucrative retirement?

Legilation sponsored that did anything he espoused? Maybe the deciding vote on some other critical bill? Or just warm the leather in his seat, at huge tax-payer expense, which will continue until his death?

Hmmm?

You see, TASB, folks are free to oppose anything they wish, and sing it from the mountain tops. Go hog wild. But when they do it on the guvmint nickle, without the slighest regard for what the People's House was and is intended to do, it pisses me off. Fuck the do-nothing hypocrite, IMO.

He singlehandedly got the Federal Reserve into the debate, and got an audit...not the audit ultimately hoped for, but an audit nonetheless...and congress and candidates now make the Fed part of their campaigns.

As far as pay and retirement, he didn't participate in the congressional pension and gave unused campaign funds to the Treasury.

What else you got?

I'm getting misty. Mygod, what will Congress be like without all the great legislation sponsored by Paul which has passed?

Will the union survive, without this no-accomplishments demagogue????

What it ultimately did was expose the GOP as the frauds they are. Obviously they were never interested in reducing the size of government.

Big Government Globalists control both Parties. And you're right, that has been exposed. And we can thank Ron Paul for that. I see things changing. But it's going slowly. We've become an Entitlement Nation, so a 'Less Government' message just isn't gonna get through at this time. Most don't mind trading their Freedom & Liberty for some Freebies. That's just the sad reality currently. But after the absolute collapse, Less Government will happen. America's darkest days are coming. And then, there will be real change.

I'm not playing this game with you, shit stain. Don't like the guy? Fine. You've said your uneducated piece on the matter. He reitred, and rejected pension. Even though you charged him otherwise. Your credibility on Ron Paul and his stances/performance is about as relevant as old gum on the sidewalk.

Try to stay with me here, big guy. I said the pension accrued, at tax payer expense, and not that he's as yet collected on it. A coupla years after his little run pres is old news? Who knows.

I said he collected a nice paycheck, for warming the leather in his chair. A bit glib, but essentially factual.

And indeed he had a staff, at government expense. Plus all the benefits of membership in the House. Dining. $500 Million / year for OMB, CRS etc that the Congress benefits from, and not all is published.

Pretty costly for tax-payers, considering the only he did was speak out against most everything happening up there, which others do from outside, or on the mall, sayin' shit like "I had a dream" and making a big deal of themselves, just not at tax payer expense, while warming a seat in Congress for nearly 1/4 century.

So it's Ron Paul's fault...stay with me here...that his own party refused to sponsor the very legislative efforts they claim in their own platform?

It's Ron Paul's fault that when the GOP had the chance to put their money where their mouth was and eliminate the Dept of Ed....they DIDN'T?

I guess he just wasn't PERSUASIVE enough huh? They were just DYING to cut some serious government agencies and departments, but just not if Ron Paul introduced it...right?

Get the fuck out of here :thup:

The truth of the matter is that Ron Paul was a thorn in the GOP's side because he was the only one that DID want to cut government.

I lost a ton of respect for Ron Paul and little Rand. During his campaign, he employed around sixty family members in one capacity or another. The guy is a tremendous nepotist from what I can see. Also, his feathering the nest for little Rand was nauseating. I did respect his views on civil liberties and foreign policy, though. However, in terms of economics, I'll pass on the dreck of von Mises and Rothard.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back