Ron Paul’s ‘Audit the Fed’ Bill Gathers Steam

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=5&docID=news-000003155957#.

He may have faded from the national political scene a year ago, after his dark-horse presidential run came to naught, but Rep. Ron Paul ’s influence is still being felt in campaigns and policy debates across the country. Indeed, the latest legislative priority of the libertarian Texas Republican — auditing the Federal Reserve — has gained support in unlikely quarters.

Paul’s legislation, popularly known as the “Audit the Fed” bill, has drawn 244 cosponsors, ranging from Ohio’s John A. Boehner , the conservative Republican floor leader, to Michigan’s John Conyers Jr. , the liberal Democratic chairman of the Judiciary Committee. Some Democrats have even picked up on Paul’s rhetoric. “It’s time to yank the shroud off the Fed and shine some light on these events,” New York Democrat Edolphus Towns , chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said at a hearing last week about the shotgun marriage between Bank of America and Merrill Lynch last fall to stave off the latter’s collapse.:clap2:

In theorey, I agree with Ron. However, I am not wealthy enough or powerful enough to survive a total collapse of the US dollar, the economic system and the Banks of the US. It's a big mess and it will have to be dumped and changed sooner or later but I have to fall on the side of letting this puppy ride until I'm dead, by something other than starvation or food riots or looting of what few posessions I have.

If Ron had some viable plan for a system to replace the one this would destroy, quickly and effectively, I might get on board. But a simple audit, with no real plan to quickly repair the inevitable collpase to follow, is a typical conservative move. Tear some shit down with no idea of how to fix it.

In theorey, I agree with Ron. However, I am not wealthy enough or powerful enough to survive a total collapse of the US dollar, the economic system and the Banks of the US. It's a big mess and it will have to be dumped and changed sooner or later but I have to fall on the side of letting this puppy ride until I'm dead, by something other than starvation or food riots or looting of what few posessions I have.

If Ron had some viable plan for a system to replace the one this would destroy, quickly and effectively, I might get on board. But a simple audit, with no real plan to quickly repair the inevitable collpase to follow, is a typical conservative move. Tear some shit down with no idea of how to fix it.

This is utter insanity, and what's REALLY wrong with this country.

You acknowledge that auditing the Fed may cause a collapse (which I don't agree with), presumably because you suspect the kind of shit that would be uncovered would be that detrimental, but yet, you would rather let it continue on. :rolleyes:

That's pathetic, dude. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You acknowledge that auditing the Fed may cause a collapse (which I don't agree with), presumably because you suspect the kind of shit that would be uncovered would be that detrimental, but yet, you would rather let it continue on. :rolleyes:

Not my scheme, not my battle. Although I will be forced to help pay for it if it crashes while I'm alive. The people who have created and fostered the scheme have already collected the real wealth and will suffer little when paper is realized for paper. I hope to be dead when it happens. Truthfully.

Not my scheme, not my battle. Although I will be forced to help pay for it if it crashes while I'm alive. The people who have created and fostered the scheme have already collected the real wealth and will suffer little when paper is realized for paper. I hope to be dead when it happens. Truthfully.
News Flash...It is already happening.
Only this way is worse...they are uhsering in a fascist dictatorship and communism and ushering out our constitution and bill of rights and declaration of independence. Hope you like being spied on in everything you do...oh yeah they already do that. Hope you like getting beat up or even killed for a traffic stop...oh yeah thats already here. Hope you like being considered an enemy of the state and a terrorist for being christian or loving animals or believing in the constitution or living alone or not having a say in a real vote...oh yeah thats already here...Hope you like living with the banks taking over total control of the planet...oh yeah thats already here...Hope you like living in this world of lies and corruption and deceit and being suppressed and losing your nation your father died to protect...oh yeah thats already happening. Hope you wake up and stand up for the truth and help turn this thing back around to what it was meant to be....Thats not happening!

I'm too old to wish for this, in reality. In theory, sure. Me, I'd rather not live through an economic implosion. It is coming anyway, just don't care to hasten it. You'll never pry the real wealth of this nation from the Fed owners with an audit. They already have it and are under no obligation to trade their gold and assets for paper notes of any sort. So long as they can continue to trade paper for hard wealth, they will continue to collect it but when the ride is over, they don't care. They've never known want; they'll never know need; their shit don't stink and their kids won't bleed.

Call me when the revolution starts. I'll pass on the audit. Then I'll go help fucking take what is ours. But an audit? That'll only cause me to lose what I have. No thanks.

You have a gift for understatement.

Looks to me like self-centered greed is O.K., as long as your bank statement is small enough.

You have a gift for understatement.

Looks to me like self-centered greed is O.K., as long as your bank statement is small enough.

I don't aspire to collect more than I need. Sorry, I'm not interested in fighting the greedy in the name of greed.

Yeah...As long as you get yours, everything is just peachy.

Pathetic cubed.

Sorry Dude, if you want to fight out of greed, go right ahead. When the plan comes together to take down the Fed and use it to satisfy people in need, you be sure to let me know. Until then, you're no better than the people you're after. Thieves stealing stolen loot from thieves.

So many flawed premises and presumptions I don't know where to start.

Yet, the lame attempt to shift your greedy ambivalence onto me compounds your patheticness by a couple more exponential powers.

Well Dude, just tell us what it is that you're in need of that compells you go after others that have more than they need, taken by greed.

I agree it's corrupt, it's greedy, it's wrong. But I can't go after that from a position of my own greed. I don't need. I have enough. So, there is no burning compulsion to make things condusive to getting more. Don't need more.

Now, if you can show me where the people in need are lining up to fix this and that those people in need will be the beneficiaries of this undertaking, perhaps I can find moral support to get on board. As it stands, I see people without need, attacking others wothout need, in a battle of greed.

So, tell us what it is that you need that compells you.

Oh, fold it four ways and stuff it.

It's completely obvious that you're only interested in yourself here and not discovering what a total scam the Fed Ponzi scheme is, because it would get between you getting your cut of the graft.

Your grade school attempts at projecting your greed upon me and others are exceptionally pedantic.

Last edited:

It's completely obvious that you're only interested in yourself here, and not discovering what t total scam the Fed Ponzi scheme is, because it would get between you getting your cut of the graft.

Your grade school attempts of attempting to project your greed upon me and others are exceptionally pedantic.

I know exactly how the Fed operates. It is a ponzi scheme. It's a scam. But I don't need what they have. I see no evidence that people in need will benefit from taking down the Fed. I see people who do not need, but still aspire to having more, that want to take what the Fed has.

The greedy stealing from the greedy. That's what you're talking about.

When you're ready to take on the Fed out of need, get back to me.

It's completely obvious that you're only interested in yourself here, and not discovering what t total scam the Fed Ponzi scheme is, because it would get between you getting your cut of the graft.

Your grade school attempts of attempting to project your greed upon me and others are exceptionally pedantic.

I know exactly how the Fed operates. It is a ponzi scheme. It's a scam. But I don't need what they have. I see no evidence that people in need will benefit from taking down the Fed. I see people who do not need, but still aspire to having more, that want to take what the Fed has.

The greedy stealing from the greedy. That's what you're talking about.

When you're ready to take on the Fed out of need, get back to me.

I don't know that I fully understand your objections, but I will say that it's not greedy to want to find out what the Federal Reserve is doing with and to our money.

wow, with 244 co-sponsors, this should pass easily

It should, but it has to be debated in committee first. Paul says that Barney Frank has promised it'll get its shot but so far nothing substantial. Of course, it's likely going to be vetoed by Obama should it even make it that far.

It should, but it has to be debated in committee first. Paul says that Barney Frank has promised it'll get its shot but so far nothing substantial. Of course, it's likely going to be vetoed by Obama should it even make it that far.
actually, i bet it never comes to a vote

i'll be surprised if it does

actually, i bet it never comes to a vote

i'll be surprised if it does

Well it could possibly be brought out of committee with a discharge petition, but Ron Paul has said that would be a last resort because it's so difficult to get. But you're right, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come to a vote.

Forum List

Back