"Ron Paul's Anti-Israel Record"

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
For the Jewish community of New Jersey, Ron Paul is a most disturbing individual. His fervent campaign against the American-Israel alliance is a direct contradiction of the political conservatism of Ronald Reagan and Jack Kemp, for whom support for Israel was at the core of their foreign policy positions.

Equally disturbing, however, was Ron Paul’s condoning of anti-Semitism in the course of his 2008 campaign for the Republican Presidential nomination by his acceptance and retention of a $500 campaign contribution from Don Black, a neo-Nazi leader who runs a vicious white supremacist website, Stormfront.org. Paul also posed for a picture with Black.

http://www.politickernj.com/alan-st...s-anti-israel-record-and-republican-primaries

I'll first address Ron Paul accepting the donation from the white supremacist, it was a stupid move on his part and the part of his campaign. His position, I believe, was that racists should be allowed to donate to whoever they want. I personally don't think he should have accepted the donation.

Now onto the main point of the article, that Ron Paul is an anti-semite.

The author of this piece cites this quote from a Ron Paul website:

"On January 9, Ron Paul addressed Congress to voice his opposition to a House resolution expressing strong support for Israel in its invasion of Gaza, and branding Hamas as a terrorist organization."

The author then states:

"Paul’s message speaks for itself: Hamas is not a terrorist organization, in spite of its launching of over 1,000 rockets against citizens of Israel. The United States should not support Israel in its campaign of retaliation against a vile terrorist organization whose "Culture Minister", Atallah Abu Al-Subh greeted the news of 9-11 with the words, "Allah has answered our prayers." And campaign donations from neo-Nazis will be welcomed."

Except the author left out a key part of the quote from Paul's website which states:

"Ron Paul called for American neutrality in conflicts that have nothing to do with the United States."

Ron Paul on Israel | Ron Paul .com

Also, the author of this piece failed to cite any of Ron Paul's speech from the video that is provided on the website, which makes it clear that Ron Paul voted against the resolution because he believes in a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Clearly this is simply a hit piece on Ron Paul and the candidates in New Jersey that Ron Paul has endorsed.

I'm not a Paul fan or a libertarian, but I'm glad that at least one person in our government is able to treat the Israel-Palestine situation rationally and oppose all of the blank check bullshit.

I'm not a Paul fan or a libertarian, but I'm glad that at least one person in our government is able to treat the Israel-Palestine situation rationally and oppose all of the blank check bullshit.

Israel is a sovereign nation. Palestine is a nation of people born from terrorism, and a nation of people that elected a terrorist organization to represent Palestine to the world as its government.

Whether any of you relativists like it or not, there is good and there is bad. In this case, it's rather obvious which is which.

More expansion of what it means to be an anti-semite..... bleh. Ron Paul doesn't believe the US should stick it's nose in ANYONE's business. He's not just picking on poor little Israel.

Israel is a sovereign nation. Palestine is a nation of people born from terrorism, and a nation of people that elected a terrorist organization to represent Palestine to the world as its government.

Whether any of you relativists like it or not, there is good and there is bad. In this case, it's rather obvious which is which.

you mean like America and the terrorist founding fathers as compared to the sovereign nation of Britain ?

Israel is a racist oppressor-state. Palestinians are prevented from attaining nationhood by Israeli terrorism. Terrorism begets terrorism, so organizations like Hamas possess political power. Israel is not a nation whose diapers we need to be changing, because they've done absolutely fucking nothing for us.

What makes your opinion on the subject more valid than the next person's?

Israel is a racist oppressor-state. Palestinians are prevented from attaining nationhood by Israeli terrorism. Terrorism begets terrorism, so organizations like Hamas possess political power. Israel is not a nation whose diapers we need to be changing, because they've done absolutely fucking nothing for us.

Kalam, I've told you in private before that I have nothing against you and I would enjoy a vigorous debate with you. I ask that you please change your words here, calling Israel a "racist oppressor state."

I will only ask you once before sinking into you like a 12" butcher knife through skin.

Ron Paul does not really want to be POTUS.

Presidents have to compromise and accomodate and Ron's not the guy to do that.

Of course Hamas is a terrorist organziation AND a government, too.

I'm not convinced they really want peace, just as I am convinced that elements in the Israel government and population don't want peace.

What each side's hawks want is for the other side's people to all die, or at least to go away.

The USA should withdrawl all support for both the Palestinian and Israel since it is obvious both sides are belligerant and unwilling to make those hard compromises that can lead to peace.

America has put up with over 50 years of this internacine war between these Semite cousins and that is plenty.

Israel, thanks to the USA, has nuclear weapons and can take care of itself.

This is one of those wars that I suspect cannot end until one side is completely and totally defeated.

Last edited:
Originally posted by editec
The USA should withdrawl all support for both the Palestinian and Israel since it is obvious both sides are belligerant and unwilling to make those hard compromises that can lead to peace.

It's a fact...

The vast majority of Palestinians and Israelis reject any meaningful compromise on the right of return. Anyone who even tries to dispute this statement is a total ignoramus who never visited a palestinian town/refugee camp nor Israel.

The ROR has always been and will continue to be the core of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, not Jerusalem. Not even for the fundies.

This is one of those wars that I suspect cannot end until one side is completely and totally defeated.

Statements like these are the sad result of the massive bombardment of right wing Israeli propaganda depicting the palestinian people as subhuman, irrational beasts unable to coexist with other ethnic groups, the american people is subjected to.

What is, for the most part, frustration with the exile, is presented to the american people as an inherent anti-semitism.

Really sad.

Last edited:
José;1226777 said:

Statements like these are the sad result of the massive bombardment of right wing Israeli propaganda depicting the palestinian people as subhuman, irrational beasts unable to coexist with other ethnic groups, the american people is subjected to.

Oh nonsense. You seem to look for things to object to, Jose, and when you cannot find any you create straw men to complain about.

My statement which you apparently take umbrage with is merely stating the facts.

Israel DOES have the USA to thank for its nuclear arsenal.

And obviouly Israel can take care of itself since it goes its own way oblivious to American interests.

What is, for the most part, frustration with the exile, is presented to the american people as an inherent anti-semitism.

Huh?

What does the above response have to do with anything I wrote?

BOTH the Arabs AND the Jews are Semetic cultures.

Kalam, I've told you in private before that I have nothing against you and I would enjoy a vigorous debate with you. I ask that you please change your words here, calling Israel a "racist oppressor state."
Very well. If that bothers you, I'm not going to be a troll and repeat it simply to spite you. That is what I believe to be the case, though, currently and for most of the past 60 years.

I will only ask you once before sinking into you like a 12" butcher knife through skin.
You mean a butter knife? :razz:

Your as glueless as the writer of that article! What Ron Paul, who is an anti-interventionalist (not isolationist) has stated many many many times is he is not singling out Israel for military financial support, wants all military aid stopped! He points out that we give a combined much more to Israelis enemies than we give to Israel. In fact we give close to the same amount of money to Egypt and Pakistan individually that we give to Israel. We give money to Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and even to the Palestinians.

Stopping all foreign aid is what he is calling for and it completely fits with his small government low spending rhetoric!

Another things he states is with the aid ending we end dictating what Israel can't and can't do! In fact he talks about a hands off approach! I am sure grand antisemites like yourself, would still cry foul if Israel did what she wanted instead of asking permission from her master!

To the white supremacist donation acceptance. Common Obama and Clinton received questionable donor's money also. They don't send any back unless they get caught. Ron Paul denounced his white supremacist belief and has never been a white supremacist or racist of any kind himself!

More people should be listening to RP on spending, taxation, free trade, the borders and just to him in general. Some of his ideas seem to radical to me, like going back to the gold standard, but he has many that are right on!

Your religion is a bigoted, oppressive, sexist, homicidal religion from its inception. Its prophet was a mass-murder, warlord and YES child molester.

You can preach you ignorant propaganda, but Israel is the only country in the Middle East (exception to Lebanon) where minorities are well represented in the government, has SECULAR laws and court system, that has a religious minority on the Supreme Court, has a TRUE and PURE Democracy, has free press and protects freedom of speech!

What makes your opinion on the subject more valid than the next person's?
When the person, such as you, preaches lies then his opinion is much more valid than yours.

Ron Paul does not really want to be POTUS.

Presidents have to compromise and accomodate and Ron's not the guy to do that.
Bullshit! Being a President forces you to compromise and I am sure RP would have done it. The President is not Zeus, he is not the all mighty. There are still checks and balances in America.

Of course Hamas is a terrorist organziation AND a government, too.
You can say the same about Iran!

I'm not convinced they really want peace, just as I am convinced that elements in the Israel government and population don't want peace.
That is because Hamas doesn't want peace!

If that is the case (and its might not be the wrong), then do the European hypocritical thing when Israel overwhelmingly responds with force to Islamic extremism!

America has put up with over 50 years of this internacine war between these Semite cousins and that is plenty.
First, rebirth of Israel is at 61 yrs.
Second, America didn't financially engage in the conflict until after '67, so its more like 40 yrs!

Israel only has Israel to thank for its nukes!

Bullshit! Both peoples are becoming exhausted with war and conflict. They have a few fundamental difference, in which the parties will eventually compromise on!

Your religion is a bigoted, oppressive, sexist, homicidal religion from its inception. Its prophet was a mass-murder, warlord and YES child molester.

Go fuck yourself, you bigoted piece of shit. Don't you dare drag my religious beliefs into this, and don't you dare make such serious allegations without supporting them.

Well GHook, I'm a Ron Paul supporter and I think editec is probably on to something when he says Dr. Paul isn't the man to compromise. Look at his voting record, he doesn't compromise his beliefs. If it's not constitutional Dr. Paul will not support it, and I certainly hope he would not compromise on that stance had he hypothetically become President.

Forum List

Back