ron paul

The only thing ridiculous about this situation is you're claiming that you're "anti-government," yet you think they should be able to stop people from making a choice about their own bodies.
Wrong again, but at least you are consistant.

Do you think that is some clever new age ideal you have, 'people should have a choice about their bodes' as if it's some bullet proof mantra?

If you paid attention, I have said over and over i believe government is dysfunctional, it doesn't work and has not for a long time. Thus I am anti-government because I realize that government is not working.

I don't think smoking pot is a good thing, therefore I am not a pot supporter.
If you keep advocating that peop[le should pump whatever into themselves, then you are, no matter how much you deny it.

Embrace your postion, stop trying to play both sides of the street.

I do, however, believe that people should be able to make that choice for themselves the same as alcohol or cigarettes.
Neither are as damaging or addicting as drugs are.

Drugs ruin lives, but so do cigarettes and alcohol. People should have the liberty to decide for themselves what they put in their own bodies.
People shouldn't steal either but they do it.

They should not beat their wives and husbands, but they do so anyway.

People shouldn't cheat each other yet they do so all the time.

People should not commit suicide, yet it happens all the time.

Do you understand what i am driving at, or do I have to spell it out for you?

Last edited:
The only thing ridiculous about this situation is you're claiming that you're "anti-government," yet you think they should be able to stop people from making a choice about their own bodies.
Wrong again, but at least you are consistant.

Do you think that is some clever new age ideal you have, 'people should have a choice about their bodes' as if it's some bullet proof mantra?

If you paid attention, I have said over and over i believe government is dysfunctional, it doesn't work and has not for a long time. Thus I am anti-government because I realize that government is not working.

I don't think smoking pot is a good thing, therefore I am not a pot supporter.
If you keep advocating that peop[le should pump whatever into themselves, then you are, no matter how much you deny it.

Embrace your postion, stop trying to play both sides of the street.

I do, however, believe that people should be able to make that choice for themselves the same as alcohol or cigarettes.
Neither are as damaging or addicting as drugs are.

Drugs ruin lives, but so do cigarettes and alcohol. People should have the liberty to decide for themselves what they put in their own bodies.
People shouldn't steal either but they do it.

They should not beat their wives and husbands, but they do so anyway.

People shouldn't cheat each other yet they do so all the time.

People should not commit suicide, yet it happens all the time.

Do you understand what i am driving at, or do I have to spell it out for you?

Believing that our dysfunctional government is dysfunctional and being anti-government are not the same thing. Some drugs are addictive but marijuana is certainly not as addictive as nicotine. Stealing, beating, and cheating all affect other peoples rights. Somebody smoking a joint has no effect on anybody else.

Believing that our dysfunctional government is dysfunctional and being anti-government are not the same thing.
IN YOUR OPINION.

Some drugs are addictive but marijuana is certainly not as addictive as nicotine.
Yet it remains far more damaging.

Stealing, beating, and cheating all affect other peoples rights.
So do leagalizing drugs.

Somebody smoking a joint has no effect on anybody else.
I'll make it easy for you.

Go ahead and toke up, whatever.

But you aern't putting that shit LEAGALLY in my town, in my state, or my country.

YOU are not subjecting MY FAMILY to that shit, no matter what you say, who you get to back you up, or what argument you make.

You want to do it, take your chances with John law.

But you will NEVER subject me and mine to it, not leagally.

Believing that our dysfunctional government is dysfunctional and being anti-government are not the same thing.
IN YOUR OPINION.

Some drugs are addictive but marijuana is certainly not as addictive as nicotine.
Yet it remains far more damaging.

Stealing, beating, and cheating all affect other peoples rights.
So do leagalizing drugs.

Somebody smoking a joint has no effect on anybody else.
I'll make it easy for you.

Go ahead and toke up, whatever.

But you aern't putting that shit LEAGALLY in my town, in my state, or my country.

YOU are not subjecting MY FAMILY to that shit, no matter what you say, who you get to back you up, or what argument you make.

You want to do it, take your chances with John law.

But you will NEVER subject me and mine to it, not leagally.

How does legalizing drugs affect anybody that doesn't want to do drugs? You'd still be free not to do drugs. Well, if the government were to suddenly realize that they have no constitutional authority to regulate drug use and legalize them then they would be legal in your town, state, and country. Assuming of course that your state government didn't then pass a law, but then they'd still be legal in your country.

So you favor letting people destroy themselves, because it hasn't been handled well in the past.

Interesting.

So we can assume that you are in favor of banning cigarettes, fast food, and things of that nature because they are bad for you and in the long run can lead to complications that can kill you?
I see, this the part where you spout totally absurd nonsense to support the unsupportable.

Drugs fuck you up, in mind, body and spirt.

Just because law enforcement hasn't handled this correctly does not mean you just say to hell with it.

No more absurd than your post that I responded to.

Alcohol "fucks" you up in mind body and spirit yet law enforcement has managed to come up with sound and reasonable policy for it where those who wish to use it can do so and at their own risk.

Holy crap.

Having read the rest of the thread I got to say:

Damn Xeno ... bad form.

So I'm an asshole for asking you a question?
You made a statement, not asked a question, and it was a stupid question at that.

Did I say outlaw smokes or booze?

No?

Yes and so I asked you if you think we should, so should we or not? Booze causes a whole lotta deaths.

What you and the other anarchist are missing is I see through circular arguments, i won't give you the benifit of the doubt when you say stupid things.

Why can't I compare booze to weed? They're both drugs, they were both contraband at one point in the U.S. They are both addicting and the addiction sometimes destroys families.

Eliminate criminality on drugs, you will see a severe spike in drug adicts, crime (because they need money for that habit) and general decline in quality of life for a lot of people, just so a few pot heads can happily toke up.
QUOTE]

Why would there be a spike in crime? Legalizing it would make it cheaper. Oh and organized crime now makes lots of untaxable profit off the drugs and if we were to legalize they would either legitimize or do something else.

Hemp is not addictive.

You have been misinformed.

]I see, this the part where you spout totally absurd nonsense to support the unsupportable.

Just because law enforcement hasn't handled this correctly does not mean you just say to hell with it.
Weed only "fucks you up" if you let it. Just like with alcohol, the weaker minds succumb to the negative effects more than the strong ones. I know stoners who are living pretty fruitful lives, and I know stoners who are still living in their parent's house wasting their lives away. My guess is the stoners wasting their lives away would be doing so regardless of weed, because I know people who don't even use drugs that are just as wasteful with their lives.

It's not always the drug's fault. Some people are just born losers. You can't make an argument that drugs ruin the mind, body, and spirit, while there are others on the market that are legal and doing exactly THAT to people as we speak.

Vicodin, percocet, xanax, adderal, ritalin, etc, are ruining tons of minds, bodies, and spirits while doctors continue to write scripts. Those kinds of drugs accomplish nothing but create more drug addicts, while some corporation makes a fortune off of it.

But just like those drugs also seem to have their upside, so too does pot. My father lived an extra year and a half past what the doctors gave him in his cancer prognosis, and he did so largely becuase of the effects of pot. He was able to live with less pain, still have an appetite, and I got to spend more time with him than I thought I was going to.

Pot isn't that bad.

It absolutely should be 100% legal. Problem is there are too many special interest groups pressuring the government. It also doesnt help that we have alot of people who are so absurdly scared of a simple plant that they cant even take a logical look at the situation.

]I see, this the part where you spout totally absurd nonsense to support the unsupportable.

Weed only "fucks you up" if you let it. Just like with alcohol, the weaker minds succumb to the negative effects more than the strong ones. I know stoners who are living pretty fruitful lives, and I know stoners who are still living in their parent's house wasting their lives away. My guess is the stoners wasting their lives away would be doing so regardless of weed, because I know people who don't even use drugs that are just as wasteful with their lives.

It's not always the drug's fault. Some people are just born losers. You can't make an argument that drugs ruin the mind, body, and spirit, while there are others on the market that are legal and doing exactly THAT to people as we speak.

Vicodin, percocet, xanax, adderal, ritalin, etc, are ruining tons of minds, bodies, and spirits while doctors continue to write scripts. Those kinds of drugs accomplish nothing but create more drug addicts, while some corporation makes a fortune off of it.

But just like those drugs also seem to have their upside, so too does pot. My father lived an extra year and a half past what the doctors gave him in his cancer prognosis, and he did so largely becuase of the effects of pot. He was able to live with less pain, still have an appetite, and I got to spend more time with him than I thought I was going to.

Pot isn't that bad.
Thats the thing. People are so scared because theyve been told a plant will take total control of their actions. Pot doesnt make people lazy. It makes it easier for lazy people to justify their laziness. Pot isnt a chemical gateway to harder drugs, its just an easy drug for people who would like to try drugs to get ahold of. But instead of placing blame on individuals for their actions, we've decided to place all the blame on a friggen plant.

Hmmm... this thread was about it's title, Ron Paul, for about three posts. I haven't heard Ron Paul is for legalization of pot. Would have liked to have seen a link to where he's quoted as saying as such. In any case, if he is, all the better. I think it should be legal too. But more importantly than that, Ron Paul believes in following the constitution, and that's mainly why I like him.

Hmmm... this thread was about it's title, Ron Paul, for about three posts. I haven't heard Ron Paul is for legalization of pot. Would have liked to have seen a link to where he's quoted as saying as such. In any case, if he is, all the better. I think it should be legal too. But more importantly than that, Ron Paul believes in following the constitution, and that's mainly why I like him.

Here's a video of Ron Paul on Larry King Live from the other night where he talked about legalizing marijuana.

[youtube]ufekh_SwZd0[/youtube]

Here's a video of Ron Paul on Larry King Live from the other night where he talked about legalizing marijuana.

[youtube]ufekh_SwZd0[/youtube]

And as usual the pro-legalization side of the debate wins handily.

aye but to be fair paul had much more talking time than baldwin.

Although I wish he'd expand on somethings.

The idea that criminalizing drugs makes it easier for kids to get them may sound stupid at fist glance but it's not that crazy.

Drug dealers don't care about the age of their customers because selling it is illegal no matter what the age (and they've all ready decided to break the law).

Now bartenders and store clerks on the other hand do card their customers.

aye but to be fair paul had much more talking time than baldwin.

Although I wish he'd expand on somethings.

The idea that criminalizing drugs makes it easier for kids to get them may sound stupid at fist glance but it's not that crazy.

Drug dealers don't care about the age of their customers because selling it is illegal no matter what the age (and they've all ready decided to break the law).

Now bartenders and store clerks on the other hand do card their customers.

You are right about the time alotted though I don't think that would have changed things.

On to your second point ... When I was a teenager marijuana was considerably easier to get than alcohol. Hell, it was easier to get cocaine and ectasy than it was alcohol. The reason? The way alcohol is regulated of course. Those regulations worked wonders in deterring me from getting booze or others from purchasing me booze. It only makes sense that people are a lot less likely to break a law when they are doing it in broad daylight or in front of a cashier than they are behind closed doors.

you know the more i hear ron paul the more i like. this guy believes we should legalize pot. he thinks that pot should be like alcohol and that the prohibition of alcohol failed and that making pot illegal hasn't done anything either plus we can tax it and make money.

You should hear him talk about the Federal Reserve.

Fed rescues AIG with $85 billion loan for 80% stake - International Herald Tribune

Remember this last year?

Who told the Federal Reserve they could give AIG the initial money/bailout? No one. The Federal Reserve made that decision on their own.

Right now the Congress is trying to audit the Federal Reserve. Write/call your congressmen and tell them you want this done.

Ron Paul has introduced H.R.1207: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 to Congress and it’s been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. According to Campaign for Liberty, “The Fed has so far resisted attempts to provide information on how it is spending the bailout money and currently dictates how accountable it will be to Congress. Since its creation in 1913, the Fed’s control of money and credit in this country has resulted in a 95% devaluation of our dollar and the piling up, just in the last year, of almost $10 trillion in bailouts and loans.”

You can read the whole bill in less than five minutes! Unlike the stimulus and omnibus, this one is short and doesn’t include any pork!

Ron Paul, Bill to Audit the Fed | FreedomWorks

Forum List

Back