Ron Paul Wins First Caucus: MSM Changes Rules, Reports Romney Wins

How low has the Paul crowd gotten when they are screaming for a victory in one of the smallest delegate contests of the election? His first that would be!

Romney Wins Virgin Islands GOP Caucus - ABC News
The Republican Party chairman in the U.S. Virgin Islands says Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney has won the territory's GOP caucus

And another space cadet is heard from...

The subject is media bias and voter fraud/disenfranchisement. What you idiots don't think about when you parrot this shit is that if they can do it to Ron Paul 2 elections in a row, they can do it to YOUR guy the next fucking time!!

Well considering that they probably vote for whoever the MSM media tells them to it probably won't happen to them. You are rewarded with being right when you agree with the masters.

How low has the Paul crowd gotten when they are screaming for a victory in one of the smallest delegate contests of the election? His first that would be!

Romney Wins Virgin Islands GOP Caucus - ABC News
The Republican Party chairman in the U.S. Virgin Islands says Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney has won the territory's GOP caucus

You yourself made a thread about how Paul hasn't won anything yet and you feel sorry for him.

Now he wins something and you're making fun of us for calling out the media bias in regards to it?

At the precinct level, yes.

That doesn't necessarily mean he wins the majority of the states' delegates that go to national, but it puts him in the best position to win the most possible.

For example, if Paul wins 75% of delegates in the precincts of a specific county, then he has a significantly better chance of winning the next slate of delegates chosen at the county's convention. This in turn sends the majority of delegates on to the state convention, where the final slate of delegates is chosen to represent that state at the national convention. So winning majority delegates at precinct level basically gives you a huge advantage over your opponents, because delegate selection is majority based at the conventions.

You're seriously going to tell me that Paul is winning the delegates at the caucuses?

Yes. I've read news stories from local news outlets and watched countless video being taken at various different conventions in the caucus states and Paul is in fact winning a lot of delegates. He's got an overwhelming majority in Nevada, for instance.

Ah. A reasonable reply. I have no problem with Ron Paul - I actually like much about him. But some of his followers are complete whackjobs - like the guy who started launching insults (which I don't initiate but I do return) because I dared dispute his holy messiah could possibly be behind in the delegates, and Evil Ming the Merciless has rigged every primary in every state and so on... You do not seem to be "You're not voting for my guy so you hate freedom, you *@/##^*!!!!" type of Ron Paul supporter.
I have no doubt about RP doing well here, in Nevada. I have met more Libertarians since moving here, than anywhere I've ever lived. I can easily acknowledge that Ron Paul has many delegates but do the majority of Americans want him as president? No. If they did, the Libertarian party would be as big or bigger than the Dem or GOP parties. But it's not. It's just that simple. So who knows? Maybe Paul should have more delegates than are currently on the board but there is no way in hell that he would be in the lead.

You're seriously going to tell me that Paul is winning the delegates at the caucuses?

Yes. I've read news stories from local news outlets and watched countless video being taken at various different conventions in the caucus states and Paul is in fact winning a lot of delegates. He's got an overwhelming majority in Nevada, for instance.

Ah. A reasonable reply. I have no problem with Ron Paul - I actually like much about him. But some of his followers are complete whackjobs - like the guy who started launching insults (which I don't initiate but I do return) because I dared dispute his holy messiah could possibly be behind in the delegates, and Evil Ming the Merciless has rigged every primary in every state and so on... You do not seem to be "You're not voting for my guy so you hate freedom, you *@/##^*!!!!" type of Ron Paul supporter.
I have no doubt about RP doing well here, in Nevada. I have met more Libertarians since moving here, than anywhere I've ever lived. I can easily acknowledge that Ron Paul has many delegates but do the majority of Americans want him as president? No. If they did, the Libertarian party would be as big or bigger than the Dem or GOP parties. But it's not. It's just that simple. So who knows? Maybe Paul should have more delegates than are currently on the board but there is no way in hell that he would be in the lead.

I don't think anyone is saying Ron Paul is in the lead right now. Who can say what might have happened had things gone differently in Iowa though. There have been several states where the results are questionable and appearances matter to the masses. What if the media gave him the attention it gives the others? Again who can say how public opinion might be influenced by that? When you say that the american people don't want Ron Paul to be President maybe you are right but shouldn't the playing field be equal so they are given a fair chance to decide? The american people are being manipulated and this election cycle is a glaring testimony to that fact.

I don't think anyone is saying Ron Paul is in the lead right now. Who can say what might have happened had things gone differently in Iowa though. There have been several states where the results are questionable and appearances matter to the masses. What if the media gave him the attention it gives the others?

I agree completely. I remember when he was in third and they kept interviewing Bachmann - who was in like, 27th place or whatever.

Again who can say how public opinion might be influenced by that? When you say that the american people don't want Ron Paul to be President maybe you are right but shouldn't the playing field be equal so they are given a fair chance to decide? The american people are being manipulated and this election cycle is a glaring testimony to that fact.

Yes it should be a level playing field.
The American people are always being manipulated and have been long before this election cycle.

How come Ron Paul can't win over more Republicans? Santorum, Romney and Newt all got 30 and Ron Paul got 8%? How come Ron Paul supporters can't win over more Republicans? You can't blame the media. Everyone has gotten a good look at Ron Paul and pretty much made up their minds. What is it that Republicans don't like about Ron Paul?

And Ron Paul fans. Stop arguing with us liberals if you can't even convince conservatives you are sane. The only things we like about Ron Paul, the conservatives hate. Go figure that one out?

But I do notice that Ron Paul supporters and Mitt supporters rarely argue about their differences.

Here is what they avoid discussing. Ron Paul fans admit the bankers are corrupt. But they don't seem to understand that so too are the other mega corporations and billionaires that run our country. Groups like ALEC now write our legislation. Citizens United. What do Ron Paulers think about Citizens United? I bet not much. All they ever seem to say when I mention the Koch brothers or the Adelman is LESS REGULATIONS. Without much thought behind the talking point.

What do Ron Paulers think about lobbyists? Its eems like less regulations is the cure all for everything. Doesn't make sense to anyone. Well, 92% of Republicans don't agree with him. That's enough for me.

Its not just the bankers that are the problem, its the oil ceo's and healthcare ceo's and Mitt Romney Bain Capitals and NAFTA and Free Unfair trade and tax breaks to the rich that bankrupted this country.

Oh, and Ron Paul'ers also understand the corrupt Military Industrial Complex. I give them that one too. Another reason why Republicans don't like Paul. They love war. They love military spending but not social security. That's unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back