Ron Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll

Time for the neocons and social nannies to GTFO and give way to the old school.

WASHINGTON – Texas congressman Ron Paul won the straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference for the second straight year Saturday and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney finished second.

Paul wins conservatives' straw poll - Yahoo! News

:lol: I wrote him in, in the last pres. election...go figure...:lol:

zomg so did I... I always wondered how many write ins he got, yes I know it would aount to very little, just wonder.

:lol: I wrote him in, in the last pres. election...go figure...:lol:

zomg so did I... I always wondered how many write ins he got, yes I know it would aount to very little, just wonder.

Well I personally know of at least 20 who did, so in political polling that would be like 100 million people.

These are the issues that will matter in 2012:

Economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy ...

Talking about abortion, gay marriage, gun rights and God will not be a winning formula in the next election.

I agree, I think the GOP is shooting themselves in the foot on this.

I get really tired of hearing what liberals think of conservatives but even more when it comes to Ron Paul.

Who knows if Ron Paul could win if he were up against Obama. The reality is that the GOP fears Ron Paul running more than Obama because if the GOP does not support Paul and they run a neocon they will be destroyed by the split.

Ron Paul was a full on nobody in 2008... The media hated him and he got VERY little air time. Today we have the TPM and Ron Paul happens to be one of the more if not "most" (top end, not #1) popular politicians. If he runs he will do vastly better simply because of his name recognition and the fact that the Media gets raped for ripping on Paul but their ratting triple if he is on.

Economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy, economy ...

Talking about abortion, gay marriage, gun rights and God will not be a winning formula in the next election.

I agree, I think the GOP is shooting themselves in the foot on this.

Haha, umm... the Reps and Dems are interchangeable on the "main issues."

Ron Paul's outcome in the race didn't have anything to do with his own "party" & "peers" throwing him under the bus,right?He might not have won but he was cruising steadily until he was barred from debates.If he's such a lunatic,you would think he would be easily defeated from start to finish.Why do they see him as such a threat?hmmm :eusa_think:

In a room full of neocons and conservatives, he won the poll.

That's says A LOT.

Figured you'd be interested in this:

http://www.conservative.org/wp-cont...-CPAC-Straw-Poll-Final-Compatibility-Mode.pdf

43% of those voting in the CPAC poll are students. 51% are under the age of 26.

Democrats Do Best Among Generation Y and Baby Boomers

The percentage of Americans who identify as Republicans follows roughly the opposite pattern. Only around 20% of young Americans below the age of 25 identify as Republicans. The percent Republican grows slightly from that point as age increases, up until roughly Americans' mid-40s, and then settles back among baby boomers in their late 40s and 50s. As Americans age into their 60s, the Republican percentage climbs, reaching levels of about 30% and above on average after age 67.

WASHINGTON – Texas congressman Ron Paul won the straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference for the second straight year Saturday and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney finished second.

Yea, school so old, he believe "Noah's Ark" was a "historical event" and evolution is a "myth".

Just like Obama...

ron paul doesn't shit gold. but hes not afraid to say whats on his mind. I don't agree with his isolationist policies per se', but I agree with a great deal of what he says ala the fed reserve and libertarian gov. principles, his stand on intl. organizations and small gov..

i always thought the key to finding a candidate you could live with was a trade off.

take 2008. I didn't like all of Giuliani's platforms or personality, the wife thing, immigration, guns, BUT I was willing to trade off those for security and a certain amount of fiscal acumen. NO candidate gives you everything you want, ever.

McCain of 2000? maybe I would have voted for him, the McCain of 2008 not a chance. Especially after he flipped ion torture. AND, I agreed with him after he flipped BUT that he flipped on something, a principal he held, he had fought so hard for and was so vocal about told me hes was just another whore, and he'd flip on ANYTHING.

Obama? anyone who could read and actually digest what they were reading and read widely, AND were honest with themselves, if you didn't realize this guy was all front, a politically charming/charismatic well spoken but clever soap salesman, well, hey what can I say. The proof is in the pudding and here we sit.

If you are going to just whore for a party, then you really have nothing to say in the afterward. If Paul cannot get elected that won't stop me, he may not be the ideal candidate but I can sleep at night and come here and make my case, knowing I did what I felt I had to do and in my heart and mind my vote counted, I didn't just follow the pied piper because they have an R or D next to their name or,whats worse- are one particular race, creed or color.

Last edited:

agreed.

I'd vote for him over DingleBarry any day. I like his fire and drive in wanting to APPLY THE Constitution regarding the ILLEGALITY of the Federal Reserve. I like that he wants to abolish the IRS, a thug-filled organization meant to do nothing more than redistribute wealth. I'm a social conservative thus I like his STRONG stand against abortion. I don't agree with him on everything as a social conservative but I think hes right on many other things. I'm not looking for perfection, but for someone with the balls to change things and mix it up in Washington.

I'd vote for him over DingleBarry any day. I like his fire and drive in wanting to APPLY THE Constitution regarding the ILLEGALITY of the Federal Reserve. I like that he wants to abolish the IRS, a thug-filled organization meant to do nothing more than redistribute wealth. I'm a social conservative thus I like his STRONG stand against abortion. I don't agree with him on everything as a social conservative but I think hes right on many other things. I'm not looking for perfection, but for someone with the balls to change things and mix it up in Washington.

What do you have against taxes?

Taxes are the dues we pay to live in a civil society.

Commies don't pay taxes.

Commies don't pay taxes.

I have a lot AGAINST liberalism shoving their hand in my pocket to pay for their social schemes. I don't want to pay for some chick's abortion who cant keep her leg's shut. I don't want to send TRILLIONS in WELFARE to other nations when this nation is sinking in debt. I don't want to keep throwing money down the fucking toilet at FAILED LIBERAL SCHOOLS. Get the government out of the biznez of Education where they have NO biznez being. Anything the government touches, it turns to SHIT. The Founders never intended for American's to be bled to death for BULLSHIT!

I thought is was hilarious when the tea partier's got up and cheered for the election of Ron Paul and the rest of the party was setting down and frowning at them.

Commies don't pay taxes.

I have a lot AGAINST liberalism shoving their hand in my pocket to pay for their social schemes. I don't want to pay for some chick's abortion who cant keep her leg's shut. I don't want to send TRILLIONS in WELFARE to other nations when this nation is sinking in debt. I don't want to keep throwing money down the fucking toilet at FAILED LIBERAL SCHOOLS. Get the government out of the biznez of Education where they have NO biznez being. Anything the government touches, it turns to SHIT. The Founders never intended for American's to be bled to death for BULLSHIT!

So I can put you in the commie column..

Liberals wrote the Constitution. You don't like it..leave.

Forum List

Back