Ron Paul Wins All of Maines delegates to the RNC in Tampa Romney wins ZERO

MikeFrank

Jul 3, 2011
AUGUSTA — The second day of the Maine Republican State Convention is coming to an end, but the controversy continues.

Organizers at the Augusta Civic Center on Sunday said presidential candidate Ron Paul has won 22 state delegates that will go to the national GOP convention in Tampa, Fla., and fellow candidate Mitt Romney has won zero.

The results were based on voting Saturday night and Sunday.

But Paul's victory is likely to be challenged by the Romney campaign, which has dispatched its top lawyer, Benjamin Ginsberg, to Maine. Ginsberg was President George W. Bush's lawyer during the 2000 Florida recount.

Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster said this morning that the Romney campaign will contest the results and attempt to have them thrown out. The Romney campaign will argue that the vote didn’t take place in an open forum, Webster said

More : Ron Paul Wins All of Maines delegates to the RNC in Tampa Romney wins ZERO

LOL

old-leghumper_medium.jpg

I got a reason to post in Paul thread, I find him to be relevant.

What's your excuse?

RNC warns Nevada GOP about Ron Paul Delegates - Denver Conspiracy | Examiner.com

Now however, making matters worse for the old Republican Guard is that rumors have spread that Ron Paul's very, GOP election process, educated supporters are learning that if they come from a “bound” delegate state that was originally taken by another candidate, they may not have to vote for that candidate on the first ballot at August's RNC in Tampa.

They may actually be able to abstain from voting in the first ballot altogether, thus relieving themselves from that “bound” status, allowing them to legally vote for the candidate of their choice on a second ballot, if the first round of voting did not see enough votes to elect any one nominee in particular.

This situation has the establishment in a total panic, assuredly hoping their letter will get Nevada's GOP ready to pull more “mischief” of their own.

"Suck it, Romney!"

lol

RNC warns Nevada GOP about Ron Paul Delegates - Denver Conspiracy | Examiner.com

Now however, making matters worse for the old Republican Guard is that rumors have spread that Ron Paul's very, GOP election process, educated supporters are learning that if they come from a “bound” delegate state that was originally taken by another candidate, they may not have to vote for that candidate on the first ballot at August's RNC in Tampa.

They may actually be able to abstain from voting in the first ballot altogether, thus relieving themselves from that “bound” status, allowing them to legally vote for the candidate of their choice on a second ballot, if the first round of voting did not see enough votes to elect any one nominee in particular.

This situation has the establishment in a total panic, assuredly hoping their letter will get Nevada's GOP ready to pull more “mischief” of their own.

"Suck it, Romney!"

lol

I honestly have never gotten any kind of solid confirmation on this abstention thing. I heard a few delegates abstained in 2008, but I really don't know for sure.

"Suck it, Romney!"

lol

I honestly have never gotten any kind of solid confirmation on this abstention thing. I heard a few delegates abstained in 2008, but I really don't know for sure.

Yeah, the situation seems kind of ambiguous. The rules state that a commited delegate must vote for his candidate, but some say that this does not apply to abstentions and one can always abstain. Others say this is bogus and the rules wouldnt allow for something like this.

I dunno, but I do suspect two things:
1. The Paulites are going to give it their best shot and
2. the GOPe will do whatever they can to chagne the rules to keep RP out.

Is this the "Return Of The Hanging Chads"?
Could be the GOP adopting the DNC "super delegate" model in the future.

We certainly need a way to prevent asshole Libertarians from pretending to be Republican candidates in the future.

Not that it hurts Republicans, but it just crushes you to get your hopes up.

LOL

Yeah it doesn't hurt republicans at all. Romney just recently lost the Massachusetts delegation to Ron Paul supporters. Regardless of the fact that they're bound to Romney, he couldn't even get his own delegate slates elected in his fucking home state.

You better pray the RNC successfully stops the Paul delegation, because he's coming in there with a boatload of delegates that the MSM isn't reporting on.

Yeah it doesn't hurt republicans at all. Romney just recently lost the Massachusetts delegation to Ron Paul supporters. Regardless of the fact that they're bound to Romney, he couldn't even get his own delegate slates elected in his fucking home state.

You better pray the RNC successfully stops the Paul delegation, because he's coming in there with a boatload of delegates that the MSM isn't reporting on.

Gee, either they're totally ignorant to how the delegate delegation process works, or they're being hush-hush on purpose, so they can be on the scene of the train wreck and act all surprised and shit! :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back