Ron Paul: Why Obama Is Wrong On Libya...

Well.......which way do you want the president to play this?

You conservatives seem to be playing both sides of the fence.

Do you want Obama to declare war on Libya?
Or ....Do you want him to wait and see how it plays out?

Or do you just want to say...whichever path Obama chooses, I am against it

Bah...in matters like this you need a decisive leader who will make decisions.
Not a group of lawyers and socialites debating ad nauseum on whether it is an ect of war or not.
1000's of Libyans have been killed by their own government while guys like this want to talk and talk and talk.

rw, its not about what we want him to do, we just want him to do what the constitution says, but like dr. paul said, no president has done that since 1945.

Why would we declare War on Libya? I would definitely oppose that. There is no reason for us to bomb & kill any Libyans. When will Americans have enough of this ridiculous World's Policeman/Referee Foreign Policy?

Last edited:
Not a group of lawyers and socialites debating ad nauseum on whether it is an ect of war or not.
1000's of Libyans have been killed by their own government while guys like this want to talk and talk and talk.

What decision do you want?

You want to bring us into a third war?

It's not a conservative/liberal issue. You should watch the video before making a comment. It's all explained there.

Why would we declare War on Libya? I would definitely oppose that. There is no reason for us to bomb & kill any Libyans. When will Americans have enough of this ridiculous World's Policeman/Referee Foreign Policy?

Did you hear what your beloved Dr Paul said? He wants to go to congress for a declaration of war

Obama is our 4th Peter Principle President.

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Jimmeh Carter

and now P-BO.

Did you hear what your beloved Dr Paul said? He wants to go to congress for a declaration of war

Uh, no. Stop making stuff up. He wants to take the Eisenhower approach from way back in 1956 in regards to the Suez canal where Eisenhower said "I’ll have no part of it." (Please read that several times so you can get it in your head.) And if America wants to declare a war (since the no-fly zone with Libya IS a declaration of war on a sovereign nation), only Congress can authorize wars, as it should be.

What decision do you want?

You want to bring us into a third war?

You deserve an Oscar for your theatrics.

All of you folks who want to say that "America is not the world Police" - this or that is not our concern...fine, if you want to put stakes down and build a tent on that platform you will have plenty of folks around you.
But if this is your take - then have the temerity and honesty to openly state what that means, what the result of America removing itself from a leadership role globally is.
If America steps down from the role of world police (like it or not that is what we are) then chaos will move in. Leaders like Qadaffi will have absolute ability to do whatever to whomever they please because the UN and the coalition of the unwilling will write up resolutions and hold emergency meetings all day long but NO ONE will step up and stop them...no one.

If you want America to close bases, let the UN handle world problems then at least admit that misery will ensue for millions across the globe.

The problem is globalization. Globalization is a joke. Nation competitiveness is what brings prosperity. American car factories had to lay off more people because of the tsunami disaster because PARTS COME FROM JAPAN but stopped. We are all connected and that is NOT A GOOD THING. ...random point.

Sounds like we agree, we want to stay out of this. We always do have trouble finding things to disagree on though...

Meanwhile, Obama is on vacation in Brazil standing side by side with yet ANOTHER Marxist/Communist cop killer: Dilma Rousseff - KeyWiki

I just found all this about Brazil's president. Literally a female Bill Ayers. No wonder Obama likes to vacation there with her.

All of you folks who want to say that "America is not the world Police" - this or that is not our concern...fine, if you want to put stakes down and build a tent on that platform you will have plenty of folks around you.
But if this is your take - then have the temerity and honesty to openly state what that means, what the result of America removing itself from a leadership role globally is.
If America steps down from the role of world police (like it or not that is what we are) then chaos will move in. Leaders like Qadaffi will have absolute ability to do whatever to whomever they please because the UN and the coalition of the unwilling will write up resolutions and hold emergency meetings all day long but NO ONE will step up and stop them...no one.

If you want America to close bases, let the UN handle world problems then at least admit that misery will ensue for millions across the globe.

I say, let Libya be Europes fight. They created the situation and are more than capable of handling it

I say, let Libya be Europes fight. They created the situation and are more than capable of handling it

Militarily yes, politically no. The European strategy is to be indecisive and let the US lead, then they undercut us but fall in line behind us. I just reject that role.

Meanwhile, Obama is on vacation in Brazil standing side by side with yet ANOTHER Marxist/Communist cop killer: Dilma Rousseff - KeyWiki

I just found all this about Brazil's president. Literally a female Bill Ayers. No wonder Obama likes to vacation there with her.

20050616114538nixon_mao_1972-02-29.png

Forum List

Back