Ron Paul want's to terminate the Dept of...

...education & give the states sole dominion over education. Do you agree or disagree with Ron's proposal?

How were the citizens of the United States educated during the 200 years PRIOR to the creation of the Department Of Education?

We must have been a nation of illiterate dumb asses, I guess. :cuckoo:

Agree. Infact why stop with education? Return power to the states and thus return power to the people.

I agree of course. Power should be kept in the hands of those closest to the issue.

The writing went on the wall when the Unions and lefties attacked National Testing.

I SUPPORTED national testing because I thought it was a BRILLIANT use of Federal education dollars. To assess and report on student levels and produce DATA to solve problems.

They didn't like that part. So Fruck them. There's no purpose to a Federal Dept of Education if it's not allowed to collect data. You can't SOLVE Crap without defining the problem. Shut it down...

...education & give the states sole dominion over education. Do you agree or disagree with Ron's proposal?

1. What does the Dept of Education do (or, what will be eliminated?).

2. School Boards are locally elected, how will this impact them?

3. Will separate but equal become the law of the land?

4. Will local taxes support both public and private schools?

5. Will taxes provide vouchers for private schools?

6. Who will set the standard for a high school diploma?

7. Who will determine the MQ's for a teaching credential/certificate?

8. Will English as a second language be eliminated?

In my opinion Ron Paul is being a demagogue.

Undoubtably there will be a few neccessary programs that could be transferred to other agencies. School nutrition (yuck) would go nicely over at the Ag Dept.

Not at all.. You really think there's a link here?

No. The justice dept has that under control..

What kind of question is that? Private is private.

Hopefully, but that's NOT a function of Dept of Ed is it?

I don't think you understand the limited scope of the FEDERAL Dept we're talking about. Lefties wouldn't even let the DeptEd TEST the kids, nevermind define their curriculum.

Local and State would be fine. Also OK if PROFESSIONAL orgs did the certification on a National level. Fed DeptEd has NO FINAL say on that matter anyway.

That's a state local decision. HOPEFULLY it will be eliminated as the self propagating business of continuing ESL thru 5 or 6 grade levels. ESL should be accomplished ONCE and then not needed in advanced grades.

I think you need to check the reality of what the Dept of Ed has REAL jurisdiction over now. You're imaging it CONTROLS the virtual pandamonium that would result if it met a quick demise.

Undoubtably there will be a few neccessary programs that could be transferred to other agencies. School nutrition (yuck) would go nicely over at the Ag Dept.

I don't think you understand the limited scope of the FEDERAL Dept we're talking about. Lefties wouldn't even let the DeptEd TEST the kids, nevermind define their curriculum.

Local and State would be fine. Also OK if PROFESSIONAL orgs did the certification on a National level. Fed DeptEd has NO FINAL say on that matter anyway.

That's a state local decision. HOPEFULLY it will be eliminated as the self propagating business of continuing ESL thru 5 or 6 grade levels. ESL should be accomplished ONCE and then not needed in advanced grades.

I think you need to check the reality of what the Dept of Ed has REAL jurisdiction over now. You're imaging it CONTROLS the virtual pandamonium that would result if it met a quick demise.

My 'argument' is slippery slope, not a strong one but worth considering.

Except, you really have presented an argument. Or made any attempt to show what eliminating the Dept of Education would slide us down to. Or put any data that would explain how you could believe that. Or done anything whatsoever.

So lets end this. Wave, is the education system better today than it was say 20 years ago?

So lets end this. Wave, is the education system better today than it was say 20 years ago?

Worse, and there are many reasons that is so.

Worse, and there are many reasons that is so.

Ok, so should we continue to do the same things in hopes that we produce a different result or maybe stop doing things that have proven to not work? This is not a Democrat VS Republican thing, this is about educating children.

If what we are doing worked then there would be nothing to debate imo. I understand there are many reasons for education failing but we are talking about a reason education is failing, a big reason.

Dollars into CLASSROOMS wrycatcher.. That's all ANYONE wants. Ask a public school teacher how many people and agencies they have to answer to _____ AND take shit from the public like me..

That's just a hazard of being a PUBLIC school teacher.. THEY want dollars into classrooms. Not unfunded mandates and ANOTHER master to serve...

Forum List

Back