Ron Paul wants to impeach Obama

Half the country wants to impeach him on something.

because rightwingers hate lawful elections. they prefer it when the supreme court appoints their presidents. :thup:

the thing about impeachable offenses, is that they actually have to be high crimes and misdemeanors.

the wishful thinking of the furthest reaches of the right doesn't make it so.

now outing a CIA agent really IS an impeachable offense unlike messing around with an intern or doing something politically that one disagrees with.

Let Ron Paul try to impeach Obama for killing a terrorist. Paul gets more and more ridiculous by the day.

I would agree, except Ron Paul did not say he wants to impeach Obama for killing a terrorist. He said it was an impeachable offense. He may be right.... but I sure as hell wouldn't support impeaching Obama for killing a terrorist. In my opinion, it's one of the few things he's done right.
I corrected it. To me, it's clear that he thinks he should be impeached. Otherwise, why say it's an impeachable offense?

Well no actually, Ron Paul doesn't want to impeach Obama, he said it is an impeachable offense

Leave it to an idiot to not understand the difference or where it came from

EVERY and ANYTHING is am impeachable offence.

Impeachement is a POLITICAL, not legal, event.

Your Final Answer?

The power of impeachment is granted to the House of Representatives under Constitutional law. In Article I, Section 2, the Constitution reads, "The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment." Impeachment relates to the removal of a Government official due to crimes committed while that individual was in office.

All civil Officers of the United States that are tried and convicted for crimes such as bribery, treason, misdemeanors, and high crimes are all subject to impeachment. It is important to note that impeachment is a power that is granted to both Houses of Congress. The House of Representatives has the "sole Power" to impeach, while the Senate has the sole power to try those impeachments.

The House of Representatives is responsible to commence the impeachment proceedings. A member of the House can start the procedure by listing the charges against the official under oath or by asking for a referral to the appropriate committee of the House. In some cases, the impeachment process can begin by other officials outside of the Legislative Branch. However, the process to impeach will be carried out by the House of Representatives.

In this case? I hope Mr. Paul can meet muster on high crimes and misdemeanors, and make his case. And I also hope that this just isn't more knee-jerk...

Let Ron Paul try to impeach Obama for killing a terrorist. Paul gets more and more ridiculous by the day.

I would agree, except Ron Paul did not say he wants to impeach Obama for killing a terrorist. He said it was an impeachable offense. He may be right.... but I sure as hell wouldn't support impeaching Obama for killing a terrorist. In my opinion, it's one of the few things he's done right.
I corrected it. To me, it's clear that he thinks he should be impeached. Otherwise, why say it's an impeachable offense?

Maybe. Frankly, I haven't read Paul's comments word for word and I generally am hesitate to interpret words unless I have read the full comment, in context. I'm anal like that.

Don't you know by now, a President has to get a blow job from an intern in the Oval Office before Congress gets serious about impeachment, that's it. Well there was that other guy, Nixon. He did some despicable things with his Executive Privilege, which finally did get him kicked to the curb. However, he actually resigned before impeachment proceedings commenced.

Otherwise Presidents are free to do pretty much as they please. Bush and Cheney chalked up so many impeachable offenses while in office, I stopped counting. But I knew impeachment proceedings weren't even a glint in Pelosi's eye and I was right. Impeach Obama for what - continuing what King George and his Court started? Now that's a novel idea or is it?

Believe me I despised Bush as much as many of you despise Obama, but I was stuck with him for 8 long exasperating years. However, there's a bright sides. Obama may not be re-elected, that is if the Republicans can find someone to run against him who can win. But if he is re-elected, he'll only be there 4 more years. Unlike members of Congress who just keep hanging on doing absolutely nothing for years and years and years. Too bad they can't be impeached because apparently that's the only way we're ever going to get rid of them.

Half the country wants to impeach him on something.

because rightwingers hate lawful elections. they prefer it when the supreme court appoints their presidents. :thup:

the thing about impeachable offenses, is that they actually have to be high crimes and misdemeanors.

the wishful thinking of the furthest reaches of the right doesn't make it so.

now outing a CIA agent really IS an impeachable offense unlike messing around with an intern or doing something politically that one disagrees with.

It would help if you actually knew what you were speaking of.

I know you want us to forget all about democrats running guns and drugs. We know you want us to forget about Plame being outed by her husband. We know you want us to forget democrats tried to cheat during the 2000 election. Or they had an extra thousand votes more then voters during the 2004 wa st governors race.

Dr. Paul has problems with all these excessive foreign interventions but i'm not aware of him calling for Impeachment. This accusation seems a bit exaggerated.

Forum List

Back